The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

signed with Dundee apparently

I dunno why he would sign for Dundee (just now) when they’re managerless plus if the new gaffer doesn’t want him then he’s humped.

I won’t be surprised if he does come to us because of the fact he lives in Lochgelly/Cowdenbeath got a young family so he’s closer to home and probably will likely get some more game time.

16 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Ach well, too auld. I’ll always have that memory when he strangled that wee rat Falkingham. Great days😆😆

Yes it was indeed a great day. Your whole squad imploded & you got pumped. DVD release surely?

11 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I dunno why he would sign for Dundee (just now) when they’re managerless plus if the new gaffer doesn’t want him then he’s humped.

I won’t be surprised if he does come to us because of the fact he lives in Lochgelly/Cowdenbeath got a young family so he’s closer to home and probably will likely get some more game time.

More wages. 

I would be surprised if a player from League 1, albeit one that has had an excellent season, was the type of player Dundee want for the Premiership, however. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Yes it was indeed a great day. Your whole squad imploded & you got pumped. DVD release surely?

Was about to say something similar. We can maybe look back on it and laugh but at the time I was fuming that Dougie Hill lost the plot the way he did. 

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

More wages. 

I would be surprised if a player from League 1, albeit one that has had an excellent season, was the type of player Dundee want for the Premiership, however. 

Dundee are rumoured to be signing Charlie Riley from Albion Rovers who was playing at an even lower level.

Just read in the fife free press that we’re still in talks with both Aidan Connolly and Jamie MacDonald over new deals and he’s hoping to have answers from both by the end of the week, it also mentioned that Murray wants to ideally run with a 24 man squad next season 

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Just read in the fife free press that we’re still in talks with both Aidan Connolly and Jamie MacDonald over new deals and he’s hoping to have answers from both by the end of the week, it also mentioned that Murray wants to ideally run with a 24 man squad next season 

Did they mention how much our average annual losses have been since Sim took charge?

If not, poor show.

36 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

So running with the same size of squad as last season, can only hope that our luck improves regards to injuries, especially if this number includes the younger players.

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Presumably he means 24 proper senior players, not including the children who get punted to the Lowland League. 

McNeil, Arnott, Mitchell, Masson, Young and Coulson (for a bit)

Potentially he'd be looking at a fair few extra bodies in that case.

4 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Raith Rovers implode quite regularly so no big surprise there. Falkingham deserved his strangulation 😝😝

Well looks like were gonna have to find a new first choice Goalkeeper as Jamie MacDonald has rejected a new deal according to the daily record sport as he was asked to take a significant pay cut supposedly but I thought we had a “competitive budget” 

Edited by RRFC_Liam