The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

That's a really interesting point - given how the squad is shaping up, it might make sense for one or both of Ross and Gullan to go out on loan (just not to another Championship club, as that's bitten us on the bum before!) Both are coming off the back of injury-hit seasons and are into the final year of their contracts with us. Would reduce our outlay on their wages, and give them a chance to rebuild their confidence and get some game time. We also then have the option to recall them if they are doing well and/or need cover.

Exactly, it makes total sense for Ross to go to Cove as it’s close to home. Hopefully he comes back with a bit more confidence and fight for his place in the team. 

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Happy to PM anyone that wants the name, it could well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time! I just know a few people commented when Hamilton signed how they really enjoyed the fact they had no clue until it was announced.

In my opinion yes, I think it is a really good signing and I’d imagine most people would be happy.

Yes I'd love to know, pls pm me too mate 😃 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Where are folk seeing that we might announce another player tonight? 

I think people are taking this...

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Smith, Dabrowski and a.n. other 

...and running with it.  Other than that, there's not been any suggestion from the club directly that any new signings will be made tonight. Previously before, they put up a follow up tweet for when we re-signed Connolly before announcing McGill. 

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah, I heard the same, along with a goalkeeper (won’t say the name as I know some people like the surprise of a new signing being announced).

This is what I was going on

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think people are taking this...

...and running with it.  Other than that, there's not been any suggestion from the club directly that any new signings will be made tonight. Previously before, they put up a follow up tweet for when we re-signed Connolly before announcing McGill. 

Theres supposedly a Keeper signed, 

28 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Over Deniz Mehmet? I've no idea if it's Dabrowski we're getting or not, but I wouldn't swap you Mehmet for him. 

Can't say I was impressed by Dabrowski at all when we played against him. Mehmet is far from perfect but I wouldnt be going for Dabrowski over him. 

Then again I wouldn't have signed Callum Smith based on last season either. 

Yeah, I liked Smith when he broke through with us but he never really kicked on and obviously had to drop down a level to get back to somewhere approaching his best. Will be interesting to see if he can cut it at this level, then again Gabby McGill did very little for us and very much looked like a "favour" signing but did well for Airdrie last season. Can't remember either doing too much against us last season (Frizzell and Gallagher were probably the best two Airdrie players in the games against us) but Murray obviously knows Smith and will hope he "does an Easton".

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Can't say I was impressed by Dabrowski at all when we played against him. Mehmet is far from perfect but I wouldnt be going for Dabrowski over him. 

Then again I wouldn't have signed Callum Smith based on last season either. 

Well, I'll have to take your word for it. 

I haven't seen much League One recently. 

Thing with signing any player at our level though is that consistency is really hard to come by. Players can sometimes just come out of nowhere, who have previously been not up to much. Kevin Nisbet, a prime example of this. Kicked on with us, then Dunfermline and never really looked back. We signed Spence and Buchanan after tearing it up the season before with Alloa, and it just didn’t really work out for them both while at us. These things happen.

On the face of it, another wide player seems a needless signing but we really missed not having any real pace in the squad last season so having that option in Smith makes him a welcome addition. It will be interesting to see how Murray manages that part of the squad now though. 

26 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Well, I'll have to take your word for it. 

I haven't seen much League One recently. 

Got to remember that Mehmet was useless the last time he played in the Championship. I can remember many Dunfermline wanting him dropped. He may have his confidence back and may have improved. One things for sure Jack Hamilton will put a few past him.

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Got to remember that Mehmet was useless the last time he played in the Championship. I can remember many Dunfermline wanting him dropped. He may have his confidence back and may have improved. One things for sure Jack Hamilton will put a few past him.

Dont forget to add Lewi's hat-trick 😂😂