The New Raith Rovers Thread

52 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Dont know what the finacial implications would be with Ross given the sell on fee to Aberdeen, but 50% of nowt is nowt, or Gullan how much did we pay for him,

Is it feasable that if anyone is going, it could be Vaughan ............... to Falkirk 

Unless he was pushing for a move, there is no way the Rovers would want to lose Vaughan. You'd lose a lot of goodwill too. I'd not be adverse to losing Ross or Gullan really, neither were able to make a significant impact last year. Ross is probably the one i'd opt for leaving.

If we do sign Smith, it would definitely make sense that someone left, given the plentiful options that we already have there. Gullan or Ross would seem to be the obvious candidates, based on playing time last season, though granted this was little to do with Murray choosing not to play them and more around their general availability. 

From a financial perspective, both are also probably on the McGlynn  Bonus wages, so from our perspective it would be beneficial if playing time was likely to be limited. Of course, there would need to be a suitor available, which is why there is no guarantee of anyone leaving, even for free. I have nothing against either player, and indeed letting Ross in particular go could very easily turn out to be a big error. However, they were injured too much last season and the number of injuries we suffered needs to start going down. Inevitably, the only way to achieve that is to move on the players that spend the most time out of action. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If we do sign Smith, it would definitely make sense that someone left, given the plentiful options that we already have there. Gullan or Ross would seem to be the obvious candidates, based on playing time last season, though granted this was little to do with Murray choosing not to play them and more around their general availability. 

From a financial perspective, both are also probably on the McGlynn  Bonus wages, so from our perspective it would be beneficial if playing time was likely to be limited. Of course, there would need to be a suitor available, which is why there is no guarantee of anyone leaving, even for free. I have nothing against either player, and indeed letting Ross in particular go could very easily turn out to be a big error. However, they were injured too much last season and the number of injuries we suffered needs to start going down. Inevitably, the only way to achieve that is to move on the players that spend the most time out of action. 

^^^^absolutely this. I think we’ve had the worst injury crisis in the last few years than any other team. Nothing against any of the players mentioned that could potentially be leaving, we have no knowledge that’s even happening. I really hope Gullan, Ross and Vaughan are truly getting better. On their day they have blistering talent. 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Dont know what the finacial implications would be with Ross given the sell on fee to Aberdeen, but 50% of nowt is nowt, or Gullan how much did we pay for him,

Is it feasable that if anyone is going, it could be Vaughan ............... to Falkirk 

TBF, now that Williamson's away, we need someone to keep the physio busy!

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Surely the manager and potter know we need CHs more than another attacker or unless someone moves on as suggested because we can’t start the league cup campaign with Masson and Corr as the pairing…. Hopefully the GK you’ve heard is someone good and exciting if true 

Yes we most certainly can…but I believe the club doesn’t intend to…but never say we can’t with the Rovers!