The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

Possibly worth looking at going to Lockerbie then bussing it to Annan.

£30 to Lockerbie. End up saving about £4 doing the train and bus option. And it involves getting a bus, which is obviously out of the question. 

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

That is decent. You would imagine the TV would take say 1000 off the gate of what there may have been without TV. So at 15 quid a ticket this covers that. 

Although saying that, likely cheap tickets and first competitive game after the summer. A derby, Pars on a promotion bounce and our club having a takeover feel good bounce, crowd might be very good anyway, regardless of TV.

Slight note, it’s 17k each, and by the time you take concessions and vat off the ticket price it’s going to be closer to £10 a head made on this,  so knocking about 3k off the gate is about the break even point for being on TV which is never going to happen, I’d reckon the pair of us will be about £10k + better off, and that’s probably at the lower end as I think it being opening day will keep numbers high.

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

12b.PNG

The smarts of mentioning “meet the squad” with all the recent chatter about our new signings…it’s all the little stuff they seem to be getting right that’s so confusing here. Show up, clean a wee bit, help the team and feel involved…and you know it’ll be chatted about to others. Yes there have been plenty of volunteer days before, but even this seems a wee bit better arranged.

Intrigued to see how this experiment turns out. On the face of it, I'm a wee bit sceptical/disappointed that it's splitting the home support. I'd have preferred it to be at the other end of the Railway Stand, in an ideal world, keeping the Rovers support together.

That said, it's obviously a good laugh being that close to the away support if things are going well, and whereas this might've been a single, standalone move under the old regime, I'm sure it'll be part of a bigger movement with the new guys. I don't think it's a secret that they're hoping to emulate what Dunfermline have done with their North West section, and I'm keen to see how that manifests itself, and sort of relationship develops between the club and the fans who move there. 

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Intrigued to see how this experiment turns out. On the face of it, I'm a wee bit sceptical/disappointed that it's splitting the home support. I'd have preferred it to be at the other end of the Railway Stand, in an ideal world, keeping the Rovers support together.

That said, it's obviously a good laugh being that close to the away support if things are going well, and whereas this might've been a single, standalone move under the old regime, I'm sure it'll be part of a bigger movement with the new guys. I don't think it's a secret that they're hoping to emulate what Dunfermline have done with their North West section, and I'm keen to see how that manifests itself, and sort of relationship develops between the club and the fans who move there. 

Maybe a chain link cage like in the Blues Brothers…stops the flares/smoke bombs from the pitch…kinds protects from the North Stand, and vice versa. In actuality, the entry/exit will be interesting.

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think it's a bad idea. We may have a fair few under 12s in the south stand so putting the young team up in the railway stand to create noise, pressure ain't a bad thing. If we are doing well the south stand will always generate noise.

It's a bit of a win win if they can make it work. The young team can go as daft as they want (within reason). The South stand then becomes just general attendance, people with kids, or those that can do without a banging drum and a pyro. 

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It's a bit of a win win if they can make it work. The young team can go as daft as they want (within reason). The South stand then becomes just general attendance, people with kids, or those that can do without a banging drum and a pyro. 

Have to respectfully disagree with you there, the South Stand will be like a morgue if you move the “singing section” to the North end of the Railways stand. Like or dislike the Young lads with their Pyro and drum they create the atmosphere, if you move that to the other end of the pitch then the entire atmosphere will be at one end THE AWAY END. You need the home atmosphere to be at the home end not the away, whether that’s at the back of the South Stand or in the Railway Stand it needs to be at the South end of the ground. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I don't think it's a bad idea. We may have a fair few under 12s in the south stand so putting the young team up in the railway stand to create noise, pressure ain't a bad thing. If we are doing well the south stand will always generate noise.

TBF a fair number of the young team up the back of the South Stand looked under 12 and will move with the slightly older young team to the RS

f**k it,am 60+ and might join them this season

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Have to respectfully disagree with you there, the South Stand will be like a morgue if you move the “singing section” to the North end of the Railways stand. Like or dislike the Young lads with their Pyro and drum they create the atmosphere, if you move that to the other end of the pitch then the entire atmosphere will be at one end THE AWAY END. You need the home atmosphere to be at the home end not the away, whether that’s at the back of the South Stand or in the Railway Stand it needs to be at the South end of the ground. 

Agree

Be better housing the moaners in the RS

Edited by Rovers_Lad

The thing is, you’ll never, ever keep everyone happy. As things stand, there is folk moaning that they can’t get their seats at the back or that they don’t like the drum or the smoke bombs or the running about the young ones do. If you move them folk will then moan there’s no atmosphere and that it’s too quiet. 

For me, giving the young ones their own area and a bit more free reign to behave as they wish without fear of reprimand from others in the South Stand strengthens that sense of belonging to the club and probably makes it a more appealing proposition for attracting more youths to come along.  

46 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The smarts of mentioning “meet the squad” with all the recent chatter about our new signings…it’s all the little stuff they seem to be getting right that’s so confusing here. Show up, clean a wee bit, help the team and feel involved…and you know it’ll be chatted about to others. Yes there have been plenty of volunteer days before, but even this seems a wee bit better arranged.

Agree. I hope they get a good response for this. 

I can see the benefits and the negatives to it. The potential for the south stand becoming a morgue again isn't great but hopefully the league cup game is used as a test for it and we can see how it works before long term plans are introcuded with it. The young team should have a section but ultimately opening 3 stands for home fans with our level of support isn't worth the outlay every home game. I'd also imagine that entrance will be from the south stand but I haven't been round there in years to actually know how viable that is. 

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I can see the benefits and the negatives to it. The potential for the south stand becoming a morgue again isn't great but hopefully the league cup game is used as a test for it and we can see how it works before long term plans are introcuded with it. The young team should have a section but ultimately opening 3 stands for home fans with our level of support isn't worth the outlay every home game. I'd also imagine that entrance will be from the south stand but I haven't been round there in years to actually know how viable that is. 

When I went down to renew my season ticket last Monday there were a few polis and club officials standing at the south entrance to the railway stand so I suppose it would be linked to this.