The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Fair enough Enigma. Was trumpeted as a bit of a coup for us but now he was always a charlatan?

Guess we'll know for sure when it all comes out in the wash 

Yeah, I guess we will.

I think he was trumpeted because he promised a lot… seems like he delivered very little. I know from his time at Hibs he’s supposed to be a bit of an abrasive character too. I trust the board here.

Edited by Enigma

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Yeah you’ve told us three times now. About shipping… we know. 😉

They’ve still not opened international orders from the Club Shop…will you ship my order if I have it delivered to you?

P.S. Sorry if it’s annoying I’ve repeated it, but my experience was unlike what is being said by people reporting rumours…it just seems like character assassination.

Edited by TxRover

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

They’ve still not opened international orders from the Club Shop…will you ship my order if I have it delivered to you?

P.S. Sorry if it’s annoying I’ve repeated it, but my experience was unlike what is being said by people reporting rumours…it just seems like character assassination.

There’s a pretty big difference between replying nicely to an email about putting a scarf in the post and securing major, lucrative deals for the club which he was clearly brought in to achieve. 

No smoke without fire and Enigma has clearly been hearing very similar things to me, including some of the terms used to describe McEwan. 

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

First 3 goals look good live but even better watching back here.

You can’t read too much into a friendly from lowly level but Eastons individual skill for his goal and Mullins second was lovely technique.

Like the look of McGill the more I see him. Noticed little touches of class from him today. 

12 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

First 3 goals look good live but even better watching back here.

You can’t read too much into a friendly from lowly level but Eastons individual skill for his goal and Mullins second was lovely technique.

Like the look of McGill the more I see him. Noticed little touches of class from him today. 

100%. Mullin is showing good instinct/positioning, and has the skill to finish..add Hamilton to him and we’re certainly no longer lacking.

Masson looked more confident, and while it’s LL level competition, I think if we get another CB in he’ll easily find a loan to start at League Two, if not League One, level.

McGill looks much bigger.

McNeil showed well.

Edited by TxRover

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Gary Greenhill lowballing the club is hardly something I’d be taking seriously…

From the folk ive spoken to it came accross as Barrowmans re negotiations that were the lowballing.

6 hours ago, Hadji said:

From the folk ive spoken to it came accross as Barrowmans re negotiations that were the lowballing.

If what I have heard is true about Barrowman and this deal then no local businesses should want to deal with Raith Rovers.  Totally underhand and certainly not the image you want of your club.  

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

While the on pitch stuff is looking encouraging in terms of recruitment etc, these rumours about the goings on off the pitch are a tad worrying. 

I think somebody is trying to stir the pot, which is quite frustrating as there’s lots of great stuff happening off the pitch at the club.

Down at Starks this morning for the laddies football class. Noticed a few things round the ground. No idea what the timber beams are for, additional advertisment space? Manager now has a comfy seat as well by looks of it. 

IMG_20230625_085049.jpg

IMG_20230625_085144.jpg

IMG_20230625_085150.jpg

19 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Always seems to be folk with new accounts as well…..

I’m the same old baillieinleeds, just a different name as I buggered up after maintenance Monday. I can almost sense the joy in yer Chevy chase at that eh!!!🤣🤣

There will always be someone out to put a downer on the good things happening at Starks Park, I call it Envy.

Edited by Stardog_champion

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Down at Starks this morning for the laddies football class. Noticed a few things round the ground. No idea what the timber beams are for, additional advertisment space? Manager now has a comfy seat as well by looks of it. 

IMG_20230625_085049.jpg

IMG_20230625_085144.jpg

IMG_20230625_085150.jpg

Partly a new advertising space but possibly to block access to the pitch when the young team make their way around to their new area.