The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

What I was told was the deal was done, stand sponsorship a discount on players meals we're agreed. if it was a good deal or not im not sure dont know the financials of the deal, but someone must have been happy with it to begin with. 

then someone went to the companys chef to try to get a backhanded deal company found out and pulled out from it. 

but yeh, 100% hopefully it wont matter in the long run.

Still do not like the mudslinging from Enigma bang out of order.

Is this where the £10k that was mentioned earlier is coming from ???

3 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Talking of commercial stuff, I quite like what Falkirk have done by naming sections of their stands after former players/legends and having each area sponsored by a company.

Be a good way to honour some favourites who might not get a whole stand name after them - and generate extra income. Could have sections dedicated to Andy Leigh, Murray McDermott, Paquito, Frank Connor (or Conner…) and Gordon Dalziel.

image.thumb.png.19debf832aa3c4f42f50e17151a6d284.png

What's a Ladybank company doing sponsoring that bleeding lot, chuffing traitors 😂😂😂

To be fair, any discussion of person A did this and person B said that is generally pointless on here, other than causing sniping and innuendo. The people involved would be the ones that know and either won’t be on here or, if they are on here, are likely trying to spin it their way. The truth will eventually trickle out, usually in several sporadic steps, and making everyone here ITK look silly.

Meanwhile, let’s definitely give Patterson some more time Tuesday, and if he keeps looking good I’d not be averse to keeping Dick at CB (and reserve LB) and giving Brody the LB start for a while. It would give us another experienced CB, filling a need, and give us that LB with cover (and possibly RB cover, as Patterson has played there too).

I do wonder if Masson will be loaned for the first half if we get another CB in, as he needs playing time to develop, and Corr is there expecting it too.

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

There's a point where the active begging of the fans for money and 'income maximisation strategy' or whatever they're calling it becomes degrading. 

You mean like we did during our financial struggles 🤔

8 hours ago, spot on said:

You mean like we did during our financial struggles 🤔

No matter what way you try and justify this, having people sponsor a square of pitch to raise £5k for the club is unbelievably tinpot. 

Edited by Michael W

28 minutes ago, Michael W said:

No matter what way you try and justify this, having people sponsor a square of pitch to raise £5k for the club is unbelievably tinpot. 

I really like this idea, but only if we insist it's local companies only, make them permanent, force the RaithTV guys to memorise them all, and then forevermore use them as geographical markers that only make sense to the initiated, like cricket fielding positions. 

Instead of 'silly mid-off' and 'short fine leg' you've got "Josh Mullin goes haring down the left wing until he gets to the Mercat, where he cuts inside through Blind Davy's and The Windsor before rifling a shot into the top corner all the way from Rejects".

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I really like this idea, but only if we insist it's local companies only, make them permanent, force the RaithTV guys to memorise them all, and then forevermore use them as geographical markers that only make sense to the initiated, like cricket fielding positions. 

Instead of 'silly mid-off' and 'short fine leg' you've got "Josh Mullin goes haring down the left wing until he gets to the Mercat, where he cuts inside through Blind Davy's and The Windsor before rifling a shot into the top corner all the way from Rejects".

Go one further, sponsor goal net squares as well.

3 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

The grid-like pitch sponsorship is pish but the stand sections are far more palatable, particularly as they give a nod to club icons. 

What's odd is that they've done it in the away stand. Ripe for graffiti, stickers and general damage I'd have thought.

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

We’ve got folk sponsoring steps at Starks Park… that could easily be classed as ‘tinpot’. 

28 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We’ve got folk sponsoring steps at Starks Park… that could easily be classed as ‘tinpot’. 

The old board even managed to make an arse of that. Should have been paid for for a set amount of time and not just forever more. 

22 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Can see why RaithTV suggested Montrose would be doing their own TV. Absolutely ridiculous pricing to watch a friendly. Would almost grudge paying that at the gate for a friendly.

Interestingly it's cheaper to get in tomorrow than it is for the stream.

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Interestingly it's cheaper to get in tomorrow than it is for the stream.

I understand they want to take advantage of their fans wanting to see the first friendly of the new season, but it’s a bit cheeky to be 25% higher to watch than attend. It just encourages people not attending to have a wee party to watch. Raith TV’s fiver seemed to hit a good spot, maybe even £7.50 would have drawn some interest for Montrose PPV…but I’d be surprised if they even cover their (minimal) broadcast cost at £12.50.

I personally think PPV in general needs reviewing across all clubs. Im just not having that it has a big impact on physical attendance. Maybe a small impact now and an again, but I would bet that (if priced fairly) that would be offset by people buying PPV would weren’t going to go to a game anyway across a whole season. I know hands are tied with the UEFA and broadcaster rights situation in terms of when it can be offered, which is frustrating. 

Montrose have shot themselves in the foot with their greed. Not a huge amount of money lost, but they are going to end up worse off than if it was a reasonable price. Folk will just not pay that for a friendly.

Edited by Raithfan2711

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

That's something you can visibly see for your cash though. Slightly better than pointing to a bit of turf and saying, "there's the family sponsor Son".