The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't get the clamour for Paterson. Before tonight he'd played for us against Dunbar and Linlithgow. Basically a couple of pub teams. He's completely unproven at Championship level. 

Played more times than anticipated last season in the English League 2, which is probably a higher standard overall than the championship. Young lad, I'd have no worries with him being given a chance. 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He played In the championship last season with Cove under Hartley 

For two matches. One of which was a 5-0 thumping. 

I'm not saying he won't be good enough but at the moment there's no evidence at all out there that says he's a Championship level player and he might very well be no better than Ngwenya. 

Comes with the usual caveats,  but that was a decent showing.  Really solid first half in particular.

It's going to come down to how fit we can keep Hamilton, however.  Ideally we can get another out and out striker in, still feels very "midfieldy"

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Comes with the usual caveats,  but that was a decent showing.  Really solid first half in particular.

It's going to come down to how fit we can keep Hamilton, however.  Ideally we can get another out and out striker in, still feels very "midfieldy"

Like the idea of signing Patterson…it would give us Dick/Patterson/McGill at LB…Millen/Masson/Brown (and possibly McGill) at RB…Watson/Corr/Dick/Masson/Brown at CB.

Watson and Dick can easily start…Corr looks starter ready, and Masson is pretty close. Sign Patterson and one young CB…or maybe young two CB’s, and loan Masson out to League One for the first half, and I’d be happy with the squad.

Corr may be very good…I wonder if his signing was tactical by him and IM…get exposure, if he does well it helps us and he could be picked up in the January window for a small fee, or we have him all year.

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Our best signing over the last five years was an untested midfielder who was previously with Celtic's youth academy. Paterson might not get anywhere near that level, but there's absolutely no harm in offering him a deal as a squad player. 

You're probably right, it's the fact that some folk seem desperate to sign him that mystifies me. 

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You're probably right, it's the fact that some folk seem desperate to sign him that mystifies me. 

I'm inclined to agree. Hard to gauge if he'd be a decent signing after games against Linlithgow and Montrose. No idea how he played last night, did he come on? Seen him against Linlithgow, looked solid enough albeit against sub standard opposition. I'm in the 'neither up nor down if we sign him' camp at the moment.

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Paterson was on loan at Airdrie in Murray's last season, looked a class act initially, but later in the season , when it mattered he really struggled especially the playoffs,   not too sure his ceiling possible League 1 top level, still young though..

32 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm inclined to agree. Hard to gauge if he'd be a decent signing after games against Linlithgow and Montrose. No idea how he played last night, did he come on? Seen him against Linlithgow, looked solid enough albeit against sub standard opposition. I'm in the 'neither up nor down if we sign him' camp at the moment.

He came on and looked okay, nothing more, nothing less.

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

Tumilty has signed a 2 year deal with Hamilton. Would have thought he'd get another championship gig. 

Baffling. Along with Spencer and Lang will be an standout at that level, but he should be doing better than that. Perhaps I'm falling into the classic trap of overrating our players, but I find it surprising. 

47 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Baffling. Along with Spencer and Lang will be an standout at that level, but he should be doing better than that. Perhaps I'm falling into the classic trap of overrating our players, but I find it surprising. 

I suspect that the drop isn't so much in of a deterrent if you can get a bit extra on your wages, especially in the current circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

If it is strengthening Falkirk's opposition for next season it can only be good.