The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not buying the second experienced CB starting, I’d like to see Corr or Masson with Watson or Dick as the early choices…adds some pace to hopefully better blunt the counters. I suspect we’re done with CB signings for now, not from lack of trying, but from lack of good options…and we’ll see what’s out there for loan.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not buying the second experienced CB starting, I’d like to see Corr or Masson with Watson or Dick as the early choices…adds some pace to hopefully better blunt the counters. I suspect we’re done with CB signings for now, not from lack of trying, but from lack of good options…and we’ll see what’s out there for loan.

Doubt theres any better loanees out there than our own young guys Tx,  unless there's an experienced CB thats coming back from injury

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Has Masson played centre half for us ? I remember some decent performances at right back, but absolutely nothing to suggest he should be starting at centre half.

Yes he has. Seems a little behind Corr on development.

14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If Brody Patterson was slightly braver, I think he'd have had a contract a fortnight ago. He looks good when he gets forward and hits the byeline, but it feels like he needs someone on his shoulders pushing up to get there. 

He has a contract down South…maybe that’s the matter.

The Rovers have looked absolutely shattered for the last 15 minutes. Absolutely all of the ball all second half, but the legs went and you've just got the five forwards finding each other in smaller and smaller triangles. Just became like a lot of last season where we had loads of the ball but no route to goal. 

I don't imagine Ian Murray will be disheartened by the result or anything, they've had a good workout while missing key players, but it really does highlight once again just how important Jack Hamilton is going to be. 

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Has RTV got highlights for this tonight ??

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

They have said they will have highlights up…not sure when.

Sunday afternoon for the highlights just announced…sorry.

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

Really need another experienced CB alongside Watson.  Especially when you consider that he’ll probably not be able to play every game.  Got the fear he was going to be going out with a bad injury after his collision with Kev.

Not necessarily need another experienced CH we need a quick CH and a quick FB if we are to play a high line or Kelty’s second goal would be the common theme this season because for instance a back 4 of Millen, Watson, Dick and Paterson then that’s slow not one of them are quick on the recovery