The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It's objectively true that Masson has given away at least two fouls in dangerous areas by shoving Nathan Austin in the back. 

And Watson did the similar once…that’s a small sample to try to argue that on.

46 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And Watson did the similar once…that’s a small sample to try to argue that on.

My sample size Tx is every game Masson has played so far he’s done it. Murray  gave him grief on the second occasion. What a bizarre point to argue on…

Anyhow, lovely goal by which was the highlight on a flat afternoon. 
Need more next week 

20 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Masson played well today though. Still learning the role.

Agreed but at Championship level you can give 2 needless fouls right outside the box every game.

Thought Stanton and Vaughan were the standouts today.

3 hours ago, MICMAC said:

It was early 2000 that I left early. Playing st.mirren at Stark’s.  We were the better team on the day, even after Jean-Phillipe Javary got sent off. Paul Tosh scored with 5 mins to go and I was happy to leave then as had a wedding reception to go to. Got to my car and had the radio on, just pulling out and felt happy, until I started driving. Raith 1 - St.Mirren 2 😲

Big Guido shat his pants and dived over the ball when Yardley was near him and he trundled the ball into the net. 2 minutes later they scored again, Loy from outside the box I think.

Junior Mendes.

Just watched Murray’s post match and he’s hopeful one will be in before Saturday it’s got to be a CH surely? 

on todays game I thought Stanton and Vaughan were excellent, Hamilton even though he never done much but he’s defo someone we’ve been lacking winning it in the air, running the channels etc his first touch could be worked on and so could his passing as there were a few loose passes by him today but all in all we were never troubled and got the job done 

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Just watched Murray’s post match and he’s hopeful one will be in before Saturday it’s got to be a CH surely? 

on todays game I thought Stanton and Vaughan were excellent, Hamilton even though he never done much but he’s defo someone we’ve been lacking winning it in the air, running the channels etc his first touch could be worked on and so could his passing as there were a few loose passes by him today but all in all we were never troubled and got the job done 

Running the channels? I don’t think that’s his game mate. He was very much a central focal point. I think next Saturday will be too soon for him to start a competitive game. I think we will see Gullan starting.

I was quite happy with how we played today. McGill in particular looked really good and was unfortunate not to score.

Hamilton can be no where near match fit. Gullan will have more than earned his start next week.

Still, at the risk of accusations of having pished my breeks, I've got real concerns of how well Dylan Easton can channel his inner Beckenbauer to provide the tackling at the base of the midfield, and how well our makeshift defence is likely to hold up....

19 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Good and you would think so