The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

That makes me think even more the possible signing is a DM vice CH/CB, with Matthews and Brown both out for a while longer. Now we are sure Ross is an injury, but still not what injury.

54 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What's the verdict on what you saw ???

Was a decent watch TBF, Hearts brought maybe 3000 at a scandalous £15 an adult, joke pricing. 
Along with Murray in attendance, fairly bizarrely Aaron Arnott who was on his own watching for the full 90, and along from him John Potter. 
On the game, Hearts controlled much of the ball and were visibly bigger, stronger and quicker. That said the Pars carved them open a good 2/3 times in the first half and missed a one on one with the keeper to take the lead. They faded in the second half but that might have something to do with Hearts bringing what looked like 2 starting 11’s and making multiple changes. Shankland is a proper player, holds the ball up well, moves himself in constantly into space, was quite wasteful today though. 

Bene looks not fully fit and was blowing oot his arse..he’s not any slower than Watson to be fair and was constantly screaming to organise. 
Was impressed with a couple of Pars players - Chalmers and Matthew Todd. Mehmets distribution is stinking though. Their new striker was straight in and played ok. 

Pars will be a good test to see where we’re at. They’re defensively sound and restricted Hearts to few clear cut easy chances, a lot of it was around their defensive box. McPake has them pressing and trying to be brave on the ball, they had a go today. 

Fantastic pies, despised team. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The lad Matty Tod seems to get rave reviews from everyone who watches him. Can’t say I know too much about him, just see his name come up constantly. 

Yeah, had some face mask contraption on but he stood out for his football. He’ll cause most teams issues. We’ve got Vaughan and a rejuvenated Gullan who’ll cause problems.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The lad Matty Tod seems to get rave reviews from everyone who watches him. Can’t say I know too much about him, just see his name come up constantly. 

You wouldn't be blamed for not knowing much about him tbf. Despite making debut back in 2019 and every manager we had saying how good a player he was, he was totally forgettable when he played. 

Then John Hughes started him at right back (Where he might have played in the 2-0 game at EEP the season we got relegated), however when McPake came him he re-instated him as a midfielder and he just went wild, his improvement has been incredible. 

There's probably something in there with regards to players developing at different rates etc, a big thing for Todd was his physical improvement that happened last pre-season, he's got an incredible engine that's just lifted his game. 

There were quite a few Pars fans, and I reckon I can include myself in that, who believed if Todd was a regular starter then we'd have no chance in the league. Football fans eh? 

Just now, Jilted John said:

Is Matty Todd related to Andy Todd (formerly of both parishes) I see they also have another Andy Todd. Are they related? 

Matty Todd isn't related to Andy Tod (One D, ex Pars & Raith player), however Andrew Tod who came on as a sub today is his son, I beleive that his other two sons are also in the youth programme. 

Andrew Tod has looked very, very promising though, I think he'll come good at this level at least. He's only 17, just needs to bulk up a bit. 

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

According to Rovers Twitter, who replied to someone asking the question, the away top is out on 22nd July.

It'll be the reverse tip from the home one: Tartan body with plain sleeves...

26 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Heard a few folk saying it's yellow...

Aye, its been a few years since we went to that well. The first one, the Fife College one was decent because it was more gold than yellow. Don't think we've had a good yellow top since then.

Edited by renton

36 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, its been a few years since we went to that well. The first one, the Fife College one was decent because it was more gold than yellow. Don't think we've had a good yellow top since then.

I’m sure the Bar Itza one was more gold than yellow as well. Also a nice top. The white sleeved Bar Itza home top was one of my favourites. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

According to Rovers Twitter, who replied to someone asking the question, the away top is out on 22nd July.

I suppose we'll be wearing it a couple of days later against Kilmarnock so makes sense it's publicly released in advance.

Colin

Only 2500 tickets sold for this Saturdays game is pretty grim. 
Looking at the north stand looks like pars have sold very few. 
Holidays, season tix not valid, 5.15pm, live on TV and it being an early season cup game meant it would never be huge but expected 4000 as a minimum.

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Only 2500 tickets sold for this Saturdays game is pretty grim. 
Looking at the north stand looks like pars have sold very few. 
Holidays, season tix not valid, 5.15pm, live on TV and it being an early season cup game meant it would never be huge but expected 4000 as a minimum.

Not shocked. Are tickets via Fanbase only as well? Or can they be bought at the office?