The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I’m pretty sure he didn’t, since Yogi came in around 6 months after Murray left the club. Think Crawford might have played him there a couple of times in his first season with us, from memory. But he mainly played as CB for us.

edit to add - agree on his versatility. It’s a big thing to have. Covered at LB for us without any issue. Think he’ll try and offer Dabrowski an option too, he was always comfortable to take the ball from the keeper and play it out from the back.

Fair enough, obviously misremembered that it was yogi that done it. He did definitely play there for you but as you say, it must have been Crawford. 

14 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Ian Murray, "I'm very happy that the deal has been concluded."

Does that mean he's available tonight?

Someone asked Craig Cairns on twitter if he would at least be in the squad and he said no and he assumes no Millen either as he noticed him going to Morrisons 😂

So now we have:

LB - Dick, Murray, McGill*, Connolly*

CB - Watson, Murray, Dick, Corr, Masson, Brown*

RB - Millen, Murray, Masson, Brown*, McGill*

In reality, we could use a LB loanee and a young CB (to let us loan out Masson). Loaning Masson without another CB would be chancy, but Murray sure makes it easier. Murray, for all his reputed weaknesses and “treason”, is an excellent fit for what we needed and wanted.

As long as the time league matches roll round the squad availability is sorted I’ll be fine with it but it really does get on my chebs. 
Connolly being out is manageable as we’ve cover however Brown and Matthews out isn’t workable. 
Ethan Ross not an issue currently but Hamilton 100% is.

ps unless I’ve completely missed it did Jammer get fixed up with a club?

8 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

As long as the time league matches roll round the squad availability is sorted I’ll be fine with it but it really does get on my chebs. 
Connolly being out is manageable as we’ve cover however Brown and Matthews out isn’t workable. 
Ethan Ross not an issue currently but Hamilton 100% is.

ps unless I’ve completely missed it did Jammer get fixed up with a club?

Last I saw was the potential for a move to South Africa.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23651881.jamie-macdonald-weighs-transfer-south-africa/