The New Raith Rovers Thread

52 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Falkirk will not necessarily win the group if Partick v Spartans draw. They need to win by 2 goals as they're sitting on +/- 0 goals and 5 points

Actually, they are currently 1 goal back, and looking at the data, I think Group B is a bit more of a mess. I think this is the case:

1) A Partick vs Spartans winner wins the Group

2) A Falkirk win and a tie in Partick vs Spartans, whomever win the shootout ties Falkirk, then...

A) Falkirk wins by more than 1 goal over Peterhead, Falkirk wins the Group

B) Falkirk wins by 1 goal over Peterhead...

(1) If Partick score in their tie, Partick wins the group

(2) If Partick don't score in their tie, Falkirk wins on away goals scored 4-3

(3) If Spartans score 2 or more in their tie, Spartans win the group

(4) If Spartans score 1 or less in their tie, Falkirk wins on away goals scored either 4-3 or 4-2 

Edited by TxRover

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Actually, they are currently 1 goal back, and looking at the data, I think Group B is a bit more of a mess. I think this is the case:

1) A Partick vs Spartans winner wins the Group

2) A Falkirk win and a tie in Partick vs Spartans, whomever win the shootout ties Falkirk, then...

A) Falkirk wins by more than 1 goal over Peterhead, Falkirk wins the Group

B) Falkirk wins by 1 goal over Peterhead...

(1) If Partick score in their tie, Partick wins the group

(2) If Partick don't score in their tie, Falkirk wins on away goals scored 4-3

(3) If Spartans score 2 or more in their tie, Spartans win the group

(4) If Spartans score 1 or less in their tie, Falkirk wins on away goals scored either 4-3 or 4-2 

That's what I said lol whatever happens the 2nd placed team can't get any more than 8 points.

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Anyone know the reasons behind Sam Stanton only being allowed back on the pitch when the ball was out of play, but later in the game Stuart Finlay was waved straight back on during play ?

I didn't see the game, but going by the pictures I've seen might it be that the ref would have to check that the bandaging was appropriate? 

35 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Anyone know the reasons behind Sam Stanton only being allowed back on the pitch when the ball was out of play, but later in the game Stuart Finlay was waved straight back on during play ?

A blood injury always needs to be checked, I believe.

Watch Easton’s movement at the goal. The second Smith skips inside his first thought is to realise he’s too advanced for a pull back due to the change of angle Smith is now approaching the box at. Drops off 3 or 4 yards and gives himself enough room between him and the defenders to get the lay off and sweeps it home. So simple but hugely effective. He’s right at it just now and playing near the top of his game. 

Nice to see Easton and Smithy doing well, both great lads,  just for the record the rest of our players are hopeless 😗.

Quick question Keiron Bowie moved to Fulham for a reported 150k a couple of years back,  what was his contract situation at the time,  3 years left on Raith deal etc..

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Nice to see Easton and Smithy doing well, both great lads,  just for the record the rest of our players are hopeless 😗.

Quick question Keiron Bowie moved to Fulham for a reported 150k a couple of years back,  what was his contract situation at the time,  3 years left on Raith deal etc..

Thanks in advance

Bowie was signed through May of 2022 when the move to Fulham was agreed, about January 2020, with the move in the summer of 2020.

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Thanks in advance

1st time seeing Smith - very impressed with him 

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Watch Easton’s movement at the goal. The second Smith skips inside his first thought is to realise he’s too advanced for a pull back due to the change of angle Smith is now approaching the box at. Drops off 3 or 4 yards and gives himself enough room between him and the defenders to get the lay off and sweeps it home. So simple but hugely effective. He’s right at it just now and playing near the top of his game. 

He's looked tremendous during the league cup. With Easton it's really easy to notice mistakes he makes but miss the subtle things he'll be doing well. I've can't ever really recall seeing a player for us who was so fearless in trying to beat their man.Craig Cairns posted up the stats at one point last season but he was up there for the % of successful dribbles in the Championship.

It's a potentially huge season for him and I'd fully expect him to get relentlessly linked to bottom 6 top tier clubs if he hasn't penned a new deal by January.

51 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Can’t recall him checking Stanton 🤷‍♂️

The linesman checked Stanton. Both players were treated exactly the same, the only difference was that the ball went out of play almost immediately after Fraser Murray was ready, whereas it didn't for 30 or 40 seconds for Stanton. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's McGill skipping inside, which I'm only pointing out to dig you out to highlight how well he's done yet again playing out of position. Obviously, obviously, his positioning isn't what you'd get from a natural full back and Killie really targeted him in the second half, and he stood up well with help from Mullin. But it's really that goal where he deserves so much credit. Being asked to deputise at full back, it'd be so easy to err on the side of caution and hold back as that develops, but he's driving on and it's that run and his movement and choices that really make that goal (along with, as you say, how well Easton creates the space for himself).

6 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Is there any match footage from last night?

I'd expect raith TV will have it or sourced it from Killie. They deserve a bit of leeway given they are still all volunteers who do it for the love of the club. It's easy to forget at times that they'll be out filming content while working their regular jobs.