The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thats almost a perfect draw to be honest.  Great day out, enough of a crowd to benefit the club financially, an obvious increase in opposition standard, but not so much as to write off the game.

Chuffed with that, I do think there is a bit to work on - but getting through this group represents us doing something we couldnt last season.  First step forward. 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Good draw.

I’m hoping for a Sunday game, otherwise the curse of the birthday party has struck again. 50th this time.

They said they’re showing 2 games on Viaplay (I think) and we all know what 2 will be on the telly so it’ll likely be the Saturday 

Just now, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Hearts at home so one of the games will be moved to the Sunday. If Hibs get through in Europe it’s odds on it’ll be our game on the Sunday. 
Hopefully not as a train and beers on the Saturday would be much preferred.

Hearts also in Europe so either allowed to both play at home on the same day (doesn't happen often) or one game moved to the Monday?.

33 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

They said they’re showing 2 games on Viaplay (I think) and we all know what 2 will be on the telly so it’ll likely be the Saturday 

I was thinking if Hibs manage to get past the Andorrans then they’ll likely be playing Thursday.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I was thinking if Hibs manage to get past the Andorrans then they’ll likely be playing Thursday.

Someone suggesting that on the thistle tread as well. Saying it’s unlikely both sides will be allowed to play on the Sunday and raising the possibility of one being on the monday.

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

Someone suggesting that on the thistle tread as well. Saying it’s unlikely both sides will be allowed to play on the Sunday and raising the possibility of one being on the monday.

Monday would be shite. Even Tuesday/Wednesday would be better.

Not that I’m expecting you to arrange that.

Either way, decent draw.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Monday would be shite. Even Tuesday/Wednesday would be better.

Not that I’m expecting you to arrange that.

Either way, decent draw.

I will see what i can do, but i am not promising anything. 

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I imagine those figures are totals, so we only get the 55k.

Yup. Go out in group stages you get the lower amount. Next level up adds £23,000 to the total. Still worth having!

Edited by berko
Typo

Well done Rovers. So satisfying to watch those cake-eating roasters get dumped out. Very pleasing indeed. Although Ibrox away for us in Round 2 is a honking draw, it's decent money in the bank to bolster our defence, especially if it's televised which brings in another £27k. I can't remember a single round 2 game in living memory which didn't feature an OF club, so we're hoping. And just like you against Hibs, miracles do occasionally happen.

See you in the league, we've both got a good chance of making our mark this season 👍

Edited by Chippyminton