The New Raith Rovers Thread

Annan lost their main forward Tommy Goss to injury in the warm up then their other forward to what looked like a stomach muscle tear just before our first goal. It would have been interesting to see what happened if they had played the 90.

Can't believe Annan didn't bring on a sub before the corner, from which we scored our first, when Smith was being led round the track on the other side and obviously wasn't going to continue.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Soft penalty that.

The Annan players agreed with you, 3 of the them got booked for disagreeing with the decsion.

At the time I thought it was a bit soft but it probably comes under the category of "happy to take it but disappointed if awarded against you".

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've watched the video. I know what the ref gives. It's still very soft. Very fortunate decision.

Well respected poster goes full Chris Sutton alert.

More annoyed than a grown adùlt should be that Dundee are playing with a clear idea of what's required. Massive Argentina 78 vibes. 

Highlights show we gave it a good go but feeling we will be a goal short allowing Inverness with do us again.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Annan lost their main forward Tommy Goss to injury in the warm up then their other forward to what looked like a stomach muscle tear just before our first goal. It would have been interesting to see what happened if they had played the 90.

Can't believe Annan didn't bring on a sub before the corner, from which we scored our first, when Smith was being led round the track on the other side and obviously wasn't going to continue.

I’m interested to hear your theory on diagnosing a stomach muscle tear. 

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Soft penalty that.

Looks soft to me too. From the TV camera angle, from the refs view it looks not much worse than a shoulder challenge. It’s a coming together in the box rather than a shove in the back. Maybe it looks a bit worse from the terrace view but the ref didn’t have that view.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Looks soft to me too. From the TV camera angle, from the refs view it looks not much worse than a shoulder challenge. It’s a coming together in the box rather than a shove in the back. Maybe it looks a bit worse from the terrace view but the ref didn’t have that view.

😅 You cannot simply barge someone over. It doesn’t matter what part of your body you do it with. He’s not going for the ball, he’s going for the man - and he gets him. It’s as clear a penalty as you will ever see. 

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

😅 You cannot simply barge someone over. It doesn’t matter what part of your body you do it with. He’s not going for the ball, he’s going for the man - and he gets him. It’s as clear a penalty as you will ever see. 

The ref obviously agrees with you. 

6 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Other than obviously wanting us to be in the draw, it would be great if Dundee flopped today as it would be a real minter for Viaplay to be making the draw after a game where neither of the sides are involved.

They've got the only two teams they remotely care about in the draw next round. That's all that will matter to them.