The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

That's well and good,  but when the manager publicly acknowledges it - there's expectation to fix it.

That doesn't explain why we haven't recruited for areas of the park where we lack depth also.  

However it's spun, going into the season unable to fill a bench, with volume of players we have, is not good enough.  It can only be bad luck for so long.  

I'd also say that if we are shoe Horning attacking players in there respective positions, and really struggling as a result, it doesn't say much for the prospects of Arnott and Masson.

There were absolutely fucking massive warning signs today that really need to be heeded.  As a minimum we need a right back and holding midfielder on that pitch ASAP.  The reaction today was great, and did represent a step change of sorts in terms of how we turned around the game- but the squad of players out there today wont get us top 4, so getting injured players back or new players in is of crucial importance.

Well said we can’t risk by having only one right back nonsense incase if Millen gets injured again (none of this Masson could play their pish, if that was the case then the gaffer would be playing him over a MF) we do need another DM as we don’t know how Matthews or brown will be coming back ( a Shaun Byrne would be great) we need options and a bench with quality so bringing in at least another 2 will give us that…..

but a great comeback from 2-0 down at a tough place like firhill and get a point it was looking like they were taking all 3 

It is interesting that Masson has had no game time even with McGill struggling at RB. I wonder if Murray still has night terrors from that Dundee game?

Arnott should be getting a chance as well given our 2 DMs have missed the entire pre season and league Cup. 

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

Got booked for what looked liked dissent, causing the ref to stop the game and give a free kick to Thistle.

Tried more than once to take on one too many players when a pass was a better option.

In my opinion he would be a better impact sub when everyone is fit (ha!).

Off the ball Williamson was shoving him and trying to wind him up, Vaughan retaliated by elbowing him which the ref seen.

What I found ironic was Easton getting booked for querying what I assume was an infringement on their first goal (in his opinion) and the ref whips a yellow out card instantly. Later in the game Brian Graham spends 5 minutes squealing for a pen and no card. 

Positives - we’ve grabbed a point from a ground last season which yielded zero. We’re continually creating multiple quality chances per game. Great to see young Mitchell bag an important first goal and could develop into a player. The atmosphere in the last 10 minutes was fantastic and absolute scenes when the equaliser went in. Pleased to see Ethan Ross back on the pitch and hopefully we’ll see the real deal version that kept him on the books at Aberdeen.

Negatives - poor tactics/formation. As solid as Watson is and I really like him he’s got negative pace, Graham on more than one occasion went flying past him, we can’t be set up where he’s in a foot race. Where has this long ball pish came from? Anything good we do in the final 3rd always comes from the deck, with the exception of Hamilton pumping balls up to small guys is pointless. Decision making, too much to list here. I’m sure when the highlights come out it’ll show Hamilton misses an open goal (on his weaker foot) although I know he’ll come good. 

11 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Off the ball Williamson was shoving him and trying to wind him up, Vaughan retaliated by elbowing him which the ref seen.

What I found ironic was Easton getting booked for querying what I assume was an infringement on their first goal (in his opinion) and the ref whips a yellow out card instantly. Later in the game Brian Graham spends 5 minutes squealing for a pen and no card. 

Positives - we’ve grabbed a point from a ground last season which yielded zero. We’re continually creating multiple quality chances per game. Great to see young Mitchell bag an important first goal and could develop into a player. The atmosphere in the last 10 minutes was fantastic and absolute scenes when the equaliser went in. Pleased to see Ethan Ross back on the pitch and hopefully we’ll see the real deal version that kept him on the books at Aberdeen.

Negatives - poor tactics/formation. As solid as Watson is and I really like him he’s got negative pace, Graham on more than one occasion went flying past him, we can’t be set up where he’s in a foot race. Where has this long ball pish came from? Anything good we do in the final 3rd always comes from the deck, with the exception of Hamilton pumping balls up to small guys is pointless. Decision making, too much to list here. I’m sure when the highlights come out it’ll show Hamilton misses an open goal (on his weaker foot) although I know he’ll come good. 

I'm sure there will be a lengthy post mortem in training on Monday. 

Interesting to hear in the post match interview that Ross Millen and Scott Brown will be back on the pitch training from Monday but gaffer feels that next weekend is too early for them, says that more chance of being involved in the cup game and that Gullan is still another week to ten days away and Connelly and Matthews still a bit further.

Corr's injury is a toe one that is bruised and the boot is a precaution.

26 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

This with Gullan is becoming a bit repetitive, and how the hell did Corr manage to bruise his toe.

And if Masson is a spare part we've not done him any favours keeping him on when he could probably flourish elsewhere

Corr's injury was picked up against Annan and he didn't realise it until the beginning of the week said the gaffer.

47 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

This with Gullan is becoming a bit repetitive, and how the hell did Corr manage to bruise his toe.

And if Masson is a spare part we've not done him any favours keeping him on when he could probably flourish elsewhere

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

How could a football player possibly bruise his toe? 😡😡😡

7uvi5m.jpg

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Masson isn’t anywhere near good enough as a viable option at the back for us(Sorry Tx).

Disagree….

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

It is interesting that Masson has had no game time even with McGill struggling at RB. I wonder if Murray still has night terrors from that Dundee game?

Given we already punted McNeil out on loan, and that IM elected to re-sign Masson, I doubt that’s the case. I suspect he’s trying to get another CB in to allow him to loan Masson. McGill is a pet project of IM, hence the preference over Masson, I believe to our detriment when it’s RB.

Just now, TxRover said:

Disagree….

Given we already punted McNeil out on loan, and that IM elected to re-sign Masson, I doubt that’s the case. I suspect he’s trying to get another CB in to allow him to loan Masson. McGill is a pet project of IM, hence the preference over Masson, I believe to our detriment when it’s RB.

Thought Masson didn't want to go out on loan, wanted to stay and fight for his place

3 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Thought Masson didn't want to go out on loan, wanted to stay and fight for his place

Masson wanted on loan last year but was told they needed him for depth.

He signed to fight for a place, and if he doesn’t have one right now, I’d expect he’d want a loan again.