The New Raith Rovers Thread

Singing section was very quiet and poorly attended today it seems. Have people realised it's a bad idea? 

Thought Dabrowski could have done better for both goals, didn't look like he was willing to come for any crosses either. Not convinced by him yet as a number 1. We also have to ditch the 2 forward, 3 attacking midfield nonsense too, we just get cut open, a sitting midfielder won't make that much better if they're overrun all the time 

Stanton a far better player playing in behind. Brown coming on filled the gaps in the middle of the park. Millen looked good and Smith today was outstanding ran all day. Ross looks like a new player, but I'm not sure about Dabrowski, he does not control his box.

Ethan Ross looked sharp and hungry when he came on, brilliant to see and hopefully we can keep him fit all year. Brown and Byrne, once introduced, solidified the middle of the pitch for us. We were poor for a long spell today but 3 points, no injuries and a return of Broonie. All in all, a successful Saturday for the Rovers.

Should also add, Callum Smith was exceptional today. Never stopped running or fighting for every ball and took his goal beautifully. Great to see.

We can only now get better. Defense will now settle centre mid back with players in their preferred positions and our forward players all getting goals, plus Connolly, Matthews and Gullan can't be far away to add quality depth.

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’d almost forgotten about Aidan Connolly and I’d all but given up on Ethan Ross. What a squad we have!

Our midfield options are looking ridiculously good. Especially if Ross can offer us something. 

A bit of fullback cover and another centre forward and we'll be in great shape. 

My only slight concern is Dabrowski. Very early days but at the moment he looks the weak link among the new signings. 

Those interviews with Murray and Smith for Raith TV are superb. Murray in particular saying about the atmosphere and how others from the outside might perceive things, but it's all just about trying to better ourselves, the club and Kirkcaldy. 

I was quite surprised at the ambition that we were aiming for a crowd of over 3000 but we've done that. I'd love to see that support carry on going forwards. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I was quite surprised at the ambition that we were aiming for a crowd of over 3000 but we've done that. I'd love to see that support carry on going forwards. 

I laughed when I saw they were aiming that high. I thought 2,500 would be a great effort but 3,000 plus is incredible. 

I cannot wait for next Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

From reading that match thread it seems like there was some Jai Quitongo/Raith beef today. I know there was the thing where Ian Murray called him a diver last season too but I thought you’d enjoy this excerpt from the Rico Quitongo tribunal last season:

“On 29 December 2021, during an Airdrie and Queen’s Park game, there was a verbal altercation between Mr Murray and the claimant’s brother. Airdrie won the game but the game had been ill tempered. Mr Murray shouted into the Queen’s Park dressing room, as he walked past it, “Go tweet that you little fanny”. This was aimed at the claimant’s bother.”

This new information has increased my opinion of Murray exponentially. 

4 minutes ago, Mr November said:

From reading that match thread it seems like there was some Jai Quitongo/Raith beef today. I know there was the thing where Ian Murray called him a diver last season too but I thought you’d enjoy this excerpt from the Rico Quitongo tribunal last season:

“On 29 December 2021, during an Airdrie and Queen’s Park game, there was a verbal altercation between Mr Murray and the claimant’s brother. Airdrie won the game but the game had been ill tempered. Mr Murray shouted into the Queen’s Park dressing room, as he walked past it, “Go tweet that you little fanny”. This was aimed at the claimant’s bother.”

Lifetime contract for Murray please.

5 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Ian Murray has just achieved cult hero status for that little snippet 

7 minutes ago, Mr November said:

This is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing. 

28 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Quality, Morton today were a fucking gang, Quitongo was very to leave the park 'injured' should have been a straight red