The New Raith Rovers Thread

So that's the Partick, Queens Park and today's games where we've scored at the death to take something. (we also scored late on against Morton but not quite as dramatically)

For me we haven't really played a full game of football yet our passing has only been seen in flashes. This is a team that will be there at the end of the season.

On a side note did anyone pick up any the new training stuff loads of it looks sold out online. 

13 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Seeing that video the club have put up recapping the league games so far has me thinking we have already had more exciting, memorable moments in 4 league games than we did in the entire 36 last season.

Another to add to the list. The greater strength in depth is definitely showing at the moment. Credit to Murray for making the right changes again, I am sure he would himself admit it’s a lot easier when he turns to the bench and sees the quality we have available.

We’ve already scored more goals in the last 10 minutes in our first 5 league games than we managed in 36 last season.

7 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Another to add to the list. The greater strength in depth is definitely showing at the moment. Credit to Murray for making the right changes again, I am sure he would himself admit it’s a lot easier when he turns to the bench and sees the quality we have available.

We’ve already scored more goals in the last 10 minutes in our first 5 league games than we managed in 36 last season.

That's an absolutely absurd statistic yet completely believable. We really did have absolutely no options outside our first choice players. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That's an absolutely absurd statistic yet completely believable. We really did have absolutely no options outside our first choice players. 

Yeah, we had two goals by a substitute in our 36 league games last season which were McBride at Arbroath and Akio at Queens Park. 3 in all competitions, which was 49 games (Goncalves vs Motherwell).

We have 4 in 5 league games so far with Mitchell at Partick, Vaughan’s double against QP and Gullan today. Makes such a huge difference being able to turn to the bench when things aren’t working and having a variety of good options that aren’t going to weaken the side in any way.

Think it has helped Murray too, much more sensible changes knowing we have the quality to find a way through, rather than just throwing attackers on left right and centre (albeit he’s had to do that a couple of times, with some success too but even that felt more measured).

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would be finding out who the ones on the pitch today were and telling them they're not welcome back at the ground. Absolute scum the lot of them. 

Lol they are about 10 years old. Scum, subhuman scum.

What’s with the wee fuds running on the park, not seen that before? Need to cut that shite out immediately.  It’s great to see young kids wanting to come and support the team and enjoy themselves trying to make a bit of noise but they need to rein it in.  The club and board are keen to encourage the young fans as Brrowman mentioned in an interview but they’ll soon stop if we start getting fines because of them. 

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Assuming the bairns that ran on are the same as the ones that did after Cliftonville, they are 100% aged 11-14. Hardly your likely targets for lifetime bans.

I think they’ll get the message that it’s pish patter doing stuff like that every week.

Or they'll think it's brilliant. There was one of them that tried this weird little celebration in front of the crowd and seemed to enjoy the booing. They'll do it for social media attention. I say we get a fire hose hooked up to the sprinkler system and see how far we can launch them back into the stand 🤣

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Or they'll think it's brilliant. There was one of them that tried this weird little celebration in front of the crowd and seemed to enjoy the booing. They'll do it for social media attention. I say we get a fire hose hooked up to the sprinkler system and see how far we can launch them back into the stand 🤣

Just turn on the sprinklers at full tilt.

On the question about the stewards, most of them looked like they'd been dragged out the pub on giro day and been sleeping in the same clothes for a month.  If he hadn't coughed the guy at the middle turnstile looked like the morgue was missing a body.

12 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

On the question about the stewards, most of them looked like they'd been dragged out the pub on giro day and been sleeping in the same clothes for a month.  If he hadn't coughed the guy at the middle turnstile looked like the morgue was missing a body.

Guy behind the goals in the South Stand looked about as old as some of those who went on the pitch 🤣