The New Raith Rovers Thread

Injuries to key players strikes again😢 

If the funds are available in January I’d love it if we could sign Byrne full time. Absolutely happy as f**k young Hannah got a bit of game time. McGill was in amongst it too. Thankfully we have players willing to have a go. Before Easton went off injured😢 he was fast becoming man of the match imo. 

32 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That's another goal where Brown has been found wanting in defence. 

Up against the guy who could double up as a floodlight for Montrose, can't think many of our defence would have faired too much better. 

Young Hannah did ok when he came on, wasn't seriously tested but was tidy. 

We played some good stuff at times, quick interchanges and moved it around well, long may that continue. Tough one next week though.

28 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Almost like he isn't a defender?

That's the point I was making. For the embarrassment of riches we have in forward areas we are short at the back. Now today seems to be one off woth the sickness bug but Brown has played there 3 games in a row and been caught out 3 times which isn't fair on him. 

Corr seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, Murray and Watson can't be expected to play every game of the season and Murray plays Masson sparingly so I think we need another body on the squad to cover. 

Corr looks like he’s months away, shame as he looked like strong potential.

I feel we’re being fed a little nonsense with regards to Watson..meant to be a nothing injury but he’s now not been sighted for 3 weeks.

We do technically have cover as Dick can play CB but I don’t think any of us want to see Brown playing back there any longer. Nothing wrong with the performances but we need it sorted. 

Hopefully nothing major wrong with Easton who’s been star performer along with Stanton. These boys shouldn’t be playing early diddy cup round matches

4 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Corr looks like he’s months away, shame as he looked like strong potential.

I feel we’re being fed a little nonsense with regards to Watson..meant to be a nothing injury but he’s now not been sighted for 3 weeks.

We do technically have cover as Dick can play CB but I don’t think any of us want to see Brown playing back there any longer. Nothing wrong with the performances but we need it sorted. 

Hopefully nothing major wrong with Easton who’s been star performer along with Stanton. These boys shouldn’t be playing early diddy cup round matches

Corr spoke today at the Q&A with Scott Thomson - he basically said he broke his metatarsal and further scans mean that he'll be out until December. It was also mentioned Watson had a similar timescale. Ideally, we'll look at getting another body in. Probably a good time to jump on board to the club 1883 thing which got mentioned if people can. 

I won’t say anything about Kev this week-didn’t go down too well last weeks comment.

Thought the guys at the back defended well.Montrose had a few big bodies and they fired in a fair few crosses in that 2nd half.Chuffed for Hannah getting his debut.

Too many chances wasted in the 1st half.Montrose left back was only one not really complaining about the Smith, he might’ve been the one playing him onside.

Looked a decent goal from Easton, hoping the injury isn’t serious as he has became our main man again after dropping to the bench after his suspension.

Bodies back for Arbroath next week hopefully.

38 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Corr spoke today at the Q&A with Scott Thomson - he basically said he broke his metatarsal and further scans mean that he'll be out until December. It was also mentioned Watson had a similar timescale. Ideally, we'll look at getting another body in. Probably a good time to jump on board to the club 1883 thing which got mentioned if people can. 

Current signed defenders:

CB: [Brown], Corr (out till December), [Dick], Masson, Murray, Watson (potentially out till December)

LB: Dick, Hannah, [McGill]

RB: [Brown], [McGill], [Masson], Millen

The ugly reality is we have exactly four or five true defenders healthy* right now…Dick, Hannah, Masson, Millen and Murray* (here are questions about Murray’s shoulder). The only cover we have is Brown shoehorned at RB or CB and McGill at LB or RB (and, God help us, he can probably play CB too). Connolly has played LB once or twice, if we really are up against it, and I suspect Hannah and Millen could deputize at CB in a pinch.

If Watson is indeed out until December, we need at least one utility defender who is competent at CB. I’d lean against a pure CB because we have Corr, Masson, Murray and Watson (when all healthy), so a fifth dedicated CB would be a bit of a luxury. Since we’ve played McGill a lot on the corners, a defender capable of playing across the back would seem the best value…of course, a “good” defender of that sort isn’t likely to be available. Maybe the actual health of Murray’s shoulder will be the key…if it’s worse than we’ve heard, we might see a CB in somehow.

If anyone is wondering why there is no manager’s post match interview, unfortunately there was limited time to get all the editing done before prior engagements so it’ll be out tomorrow. Managed to get the highlights done though and they will be up at midnight.

The only thing that we can point the finger at Murray for so far this season is the imbalanced squad. It was something most of hoped we'd rectify before the loan window ended but no. 

It's going to be a long 6 weeks getting by without Watson. 

As for the game today, we played some lovely stuff in the first half, albeit Montrose were unbelievably passive and let us do whatever we wanted. Second was tougher but a job well done overall. 

24 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

If anyone is wondering why there is no manager’s post match interview, unfortunately there was limited time to get all the editing done before prior engagements so it’ll be out tomorrow. Managed to get the highlights done though and they will be up at midnight.

Hugely appreciated as always. Thanks again for all your efforts.👍

Absolute walk in the park for most of today, first half in particular.

I am a wee bit concerned at the disparity between how Murray describes injuries and the reality. Certainly seems Watson is more serious than "touch and go"

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Absolute walk in the park for most of today, first half in particular.

I am a wee bit concerned at the disparity between how Murray describes injuries and the reality. Certainly seems Watson is more serious than "touch and go"

I may be wrong here but didn't Watson have injury problems at Ross County? 

Watson out till December - WTF 😔

That’s a backfire and a half IM playing him against Airdrie when he had an issue. 

All teams have injuries, they never come at a good time however the issues we’ve had and continue to have at the back are irritating as fook! 

I’d bring Dick into the middle, McGill in as LB and return Brown to his natural position on the assumption Murray is ok to play.