The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just looking at our season last year, we’re currently 4 points off our points total for the whole of last season.  Absolutely unbelievable from Murray and the team, I expected an improvement with the new signing but so far they’ve achieved beyond what anyone could have imagined.  Hopefully we can keep the good form going tomorrow night. 

On the standing/seats discussion, for me it was a rare, rare occasion (for us) where an away end is jam packed and sold out. The ridiculous seats opening in drips and drabs policy meant loads of folks struggled to by tickets together and the young boys and others who like to stand couldn't organise and do so. Add to this that the Shed is not a 'modern' stand and there are loads of restricted views. All of this combined to make it a very unusual away end where loads of folks were in the wrong seats and there was no wiggle room for folks to gather and stand in an area that didn't impact people who definitely wanted to sit.

I had a couple of folks literally screaming at me (in a highly aggressive fashion) and others to sit down, when there was literally hundreds standing in front (for what its worth, I prefer to stand so was please with this but that is by the by). We also had a big group in our seats when we arrived at 2:55, meaning we had to take seats not ours just next to them. If folk wish to confront randoms and ask them to move, or tell hundreds of folk to sit down, fair enough. But its not something I'll do, as there is always a risk it kicks off.

I appreciate some people can't stand and I appreciate it is not ideal for wee kids. That said, I think we have to just acknowledge it was caused by a rare combination of circumstances that have not been common previously and won't be in the future. I think the folk who lost the run of themselves should have been a bit more understanding of this. 

If the league is still close by the next time we are up there and are selling out again, I would hope that:

a) Dundee United open the whole thing at once

b) The young team make clear where they are going

c) regardless, folks that absolutely need to sit down select the front seats off to the far side and get there early, to ensure that regardless of what others do, they can sit and see the game if they want. 

24 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

Apparently we are 10 points better off than Kilmarnock and Dundee at this stage of the season when they went in to win the league 

As I understand it (from a Dundee Utd fan) only Hearts have had more points at this stage of the season than both ourselves and Dundee Utd. In any other season both teams would be clear at the top unfortunately for both ourselves and Dundee Utd we both happen to have achieved this in the same season 😂.  

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

As I understand it (from a Dundee Utd fan) only Hearts have had more points at this stage of the season than both ourselves and Dundee Utd. In any other season both teams would be clear at the top unfortunately for both ourselves and Dundee Utd we both happen to have achieved this in the same season 😂.  

Going back to 94-95 (first season of the second level playing 36 games and awarding 3 points for a win), and showing 34 or more points after 16 matches, except the 98-99 Hibs team that finished on fire. Bold matches or exceeds Rovers total. As you can see, Hearts and Rangers all topped our points, and DU and St. Mirren matched them.

95-96, Pars had 34 points after 16 matches.

96-97, St. Johnstone had 37 points after 16 matches.

97-98, Dundee had 34 points after 16 matches.

98-99, Hibs had only 32 points after 16 matches, but ended with 89.

99-00, St. Mirren had 39 points after 16 matches.

00-01, Livingstone had 34 points after 16 matches.

02-03, Falkirk had 36 points after 16 matches.

04-05, Falkirk had 37 points after 16 matches.

05-06, St. Mirren had 36 points after 16 matches.

07-08, Accies had 34 points after 16 matches.

11-12, Ross County had 35 points after 16 matches.

14-15, Hearts had 44 points after 16 matches.

15-16, Rangers had 41 points after 16 matches.

16-17, Hibs had 34 points after 16 matches.

19-20, Dundee United had 39 points after 16 matches.

20-21, Hearts had 37 points after 16 matches.

6 hours ago, embow said:

Woosh! It's all gone within two hours! A sign of the times how everyone is buying ( in this case literally) into the various feel good factors around the club. 👍🥃

Bollocks was playing golf and missed it. Unsure if they’d have ship abroad but hoping they bring out a few different ones.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Going back to 94-95 (first season of the second level playing 36 games and awarding 3 points for a win), and showing 34 or more points after 16 matches, except the 98-99 Hibs team that finished on fire. Bold matches or exceeds Rovers total. As you can see, Hearts and Rangers all topped our points, and DU and St. Mirren matched them.

Spoilsport 

15 minutes ago, Buttered Toast said:

Nice touch from the Rovers when receiving the half season card! 

We actually have a properly run football club now 🤩 it’s the small things that matter!

image.jpg

image.jpg

That’s a fair old dump of snow, hope the game is on tonight.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

You do need to get out more, Tex

3 hours ago, Surely No said:

Many Thanks Enigma. Have checked emails and don't appear to have it. 

Contact the club, I had a similar issue, Grace Fowlie emailed me to say not everyone's email address is registered with Raith Rovers so weren't getting updates. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Contact the club, I had a similar issue, Grace Fowlie emailed me to say not everyone's email address is registered with Raith Rovers so weren't getting updates. 

Some people may have opted out of the marketing emails so may not receive them that way as well