The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Most impressive last night was the reaction of the fans to Kev after the howler. Earlier this season, they'd have got on his back, see Queens Park home. But last night the reaction was exceptional. Really good to see. 

Credit to Kev, he realised he'd made an error and it was the fans he turned to, his wave a tacit apology.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Most impressive last night was the reaction of the fans to Kev after the howler. Earlier this season, they'd have got on his back, see Queens Park home. But last night the reaction was exceptional. Really good to see. 

RaithTV noting a few fans yelling catch it after that…

I think people are forgetting his challenge to stop a rampaging attacker or also his sprawling save just before that howler. Big Kev is at this level because his game still has flaws and he’s still learnjng. Keeper errors happen everywhere, even at the top level, now we see if he learns from it. I’m betting Kev and Thomson spend a whole session on what happened and how to correct it…at the most basic level he failed to get any of his body behind the ball as he went down for it. And let’s not forget the defenders gave that ball away that resulted in that score.

Rumour is we are in for Dylan Easton and want him in, in January. You lads are obviously absolutely dead against this and have said no chance so we're trying to play funny buggers and use Shaun Byrne as leverage.

Just a rumour. Could be nonsense. Probably is.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rumour is we are in for Dylan Easton and want him in, in January. You lads are obviously absolutely dead against this and have said no chance so we're trying to play funny buggers and use Shaun Byrne as leverage.

If Stanton is going to miss any amount of time, I’d expect a hard naw on Easton, even at the cost of Byrne.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It is nonsense.

Thank you

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If he does leave for you guys in January then his game time will be limited to away games only since your pitch can’t handle a sports direct sized mug of water being poured over it 

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tiffoney swap deal.

Easton absolutely will want to test himself at SPL level that’s a given (so will Vaughan).

I know there’s no loyalty in football but until no more than 2 years ago he was an unknown and anyone who did know him would level the term show pony at him. 

It’s playing for Raith and the help of Murray along with his undoubted ability that’s massively raised his profile. I’d be disappointed if he didn’t see out the season and see if there’s the possibility of plying his trade in the big league with us. 

Im a realist though and I’m sure most teams above would be able to double his wages as a minimum so he’ll do what he wants to do. Would be foolish to think he’s not being looked at…Actually said to my son on the way to the game yesterday I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a few scouts in to watch.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm more than happy to punt as many Dundee fringe players to you lads on loan as possible.

Forget Easton. Just keep United doon.

Dees desperate to keep United down, cos they know the derbies mean they’re 9 points down before the season starts. 

24 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Dees desperate to keep United down, cos they know the derbies mean they’re 9 points down before the season starts. 

Are you saying 9 points in the deluded hope that United would end up in the top half at the split and wouldn't play the 4th game? Genuinely curious to know what fuels this fantasy that United would have any chance of being in the top 6 when promoted? 

Or do you think Dundee would win one of the 4 games in the bottom half? 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Are you saying 9 points in the deluded hope that United would end up in the top half at the split and wouldn't play the 4th game? Genuinely curious to know what fuels this fantasy that United would have any chance of being in the top 6 when promoted? 

Or do you think Dundee would win one of the 4 games in the bottom half? 

Not at all, just that there’s not a guarantee of any more than three United wins as the teams could be in separate sections after the split. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Wouldn't worry about your city rivals next season TBH, they're looking a decent team so I don't think they will be relegated.

Ian Murray is such a strange manager. Seems to take about a year to 18 month to get it going which is suicidal in the modern game for a manager but once he does, he gets his teams absolutely rocking.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ian Murray is such a strange manager. Seems to take about a year to 18 month to get it going which is suicidal in the modern game for a manager but once he does, he gets his teams absolutely rocking.

And yet he made his name from fairly quickly turning dumbarton around,  It wasn't completely immediate, I seem to remember a few weeks of questions that his results showing that they just weren't good enough and sacking the previous guy was harsh but he didn't have much time to waste and ended up having them comfortably mid-table.

We definitely got away with one on Friday night. When you look at the results yesterday and also United's result on Friday, I think that has ended up a point gained rather than two lost. 

Onwards and upwards to Arbroath. Hopefully we can learn a few lessons from the Ayr match and get back to winning ways. 

On 22/12/2023 at 23:52, TxRover said:

Nope, home at Arbroath.

I've just listened to the Oh no no no  podcast and one of them said that one of Byrne's booking was from a cup game and they weren't sure if that counted toward a suspension.
They did mention your name TxRover in the podcast as being the main man oracle to see if that makes any difference to the suspension.

We await your answer,lol. 😀