The New Raith Rovers Thread

Great video n great news.

That and Stanton signing contract extension-along with others already on 2/3 year contracts can only bode well for further announcements.

I wasn’t sure about Vaughan but I really think/hope he gets another 2 years-his form of late when starting and off the bench has been class.

I reckon Byrne will sign a  PCA with us.

Millen worthy of another year I reckon.

Still 50/50 on Easton as I think he might fancy challenge in top league if we don’t get up-I hope it’s with us.

Lets see how Matthews goes between now and end of season.

I think it’s time to move on from Dick at left back.When we went to back 3 on Friday I would’ve had O’Reilly on.

Not sure about Watson and his fitness going forward-think him n Murray were forming a good partnership before his injury.

I think Gullan will play himself into another year if he stays fit.

Corr will get another year.

The young guys might stay-all depends on a possible reserve team and what their aspirations are.

Fantastic news getting Murray and mickey (I'm assuming) signed up for 3 years. We all know he was in the running for the Dundee job and he will probably have had to convince a few people he was committed this season but he's done that and more and thoroughly deserves the new contract. 

38 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Great video n great news.

That and Stanton signing contract extension-along with others already on 2/3 year contracts can only bode well for further announcements.

I wasn’t sure about Vaughan but I really think/hope he gets another 2 years-his form of late when starting and off the bench has been class.

I reckon Byrne will sign a  PCA with us.

Millen worthy of another year I reckon.

Still 50/50 on Easton as I think he might fancy challenge in top league if we don’t get up-I hope it’s with us.

Lets see how Matthews goes between now and end of season.

I think it’s time to move on from Dick at left back.When we went to back 3 on Friday I would’ve had O’Reilly on.

Not sure about Watson and his fitness going forward-think him n Murray were forming a good partnership before his injury.

I think Gullan will play himself into another year if he stays fit.

Corr will get another year.

The young guys might stay-all depends on a possible reserve team and what their aspirations are.

Tbf I could see Vaughan staying I don’t think anyone else will take a risk on him because of his previous injury history, Matthews probably will get an extension as he’s missed a lot of football and maybe himself and the club want to repay that back? Easton I’m also 50/50 on

Millen I’d give a new deal too, Dick I’m not too fussed if he stays or goes the rest aye why no 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tbf I could see Vaughan staying I don’t think anyone else will take a risk on him because of his previous injury history, Matthews probably will get an extension as he’s missed a lot of football and maybe himself and the club want to repay that back? Easton I’m also 50/50 on

Millen I’d give a new deal too, Dick I’m not too fussed if he stays or goes the rest aye why no 

Maybe optimistic but unless Hibs decide to come calling, I reckon Vaughan will spend his entire career at the Rovers. He's quite clearly a level above the Championship but other clubs may be put off by his injury record and I doubt a sideways move to another Championship side would excite him. 

Add in that the club from the staff to supporters all adore him, and the factor of him probably feeling a debt to the club for sticking by him through the injuries. I'm hopeful of a contract extension. 

A three year extension is huge, and suggests to me the sharks had started circling. I think it’s become clear that IM will be one of the top managers in Scottish football if his trajectory continues, and the management team decided to push the boat out in an effort to lock him down, or at least assure the Club get well compensated if someone wishes to lure him away. That’s a statement to the other Clubs that RRFC is in this to win this. Of all the players, Stanton and Easton are the top two people mention when discussing who might be of interest to top level teams…now we have Stanton and the Gaffer locked up, Easton is the only one left…and, as many noted, it was Easton’s goal that Mickey and IM were watching. Mickey told IM to run the carolers off because they had planning to do…but that goal would have nothing to do with planning, so is it a little teaser about another present to open, perhaps?