The New Raith Rovers Thread

Good win and what a backing we had today. O'Reilly was outstanding at the back and he's got the pace we were longing for at ghe start of the season. Get him signed until the end of the season, maybe an 18 month contract. Big Kev should never have been playing today, yes he had a really good save with about  10 mins to go but he was struggling right from the start. Both Easton and Vaughan were off their game a bit and big Jack did a lot of good work. Think Broonie was just knackered when he came off and it was great to see Rosco back on the pitch.

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The square root of zip.

Didn't we have a game called off due to snow in the last couple of years?  

No one due to a waterlogged surface though.

15 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Didn't we have a game called off due to snow in the last couple of years?  

No one due to a waterlogged surface though.

I think you're right, though I don't know if it was because of snow on the pitch or surrounding area of the stadium that called that one off. 

1 hour ago, MICMAC said:

Good win and what a backing we had today. O'Reilly was outstanding at the back and he's got the pace we were longing for at ghe start of the season. Get him signed until the end of the season, maybe an 18 month contract. Big Kev should never have been playing today, yes he had a really good save with about  10 mins to go but he was struggling right from the start. Both Easton and Vaughan were off their game a bit and big Jack did a lot of good work. Think Broonie was just knackered when he came off and it was great to see Rosco back on the pitch.

I think Hamilton did very well in the air but was lacking in the final third. Two good runs with the ball towards the box but he made the wrong decision in the end both times. 

Eastons day was best summed up with a misplaced 5 yard pass that started a Dunfermline counter. Vaughan looked dangerous until he started looking for little flicks and touches in difficult areas. The great thing is we have options off the bench when players are having an off day that we've previously lacked. 

Granted this season has been great but we need to sort out the defence. The goals against column doesn't lie. 

We should be finishing games, like Utd do. We have the players to be doing it so what's going wrong? 

That second half was pretty appalling apart from the goal. Dominated by a depleted Dunfermline team. Draws against 2 teams we should be beating. 

Playing Dabrowski today was absolutely crazy? The guy could barely walk. We are lucky Dunfermline don't know how to shoot. 

I will stand by the 3-5-2. I also don't think Murray is playing very well. 

Sometimes having lots of options isn't always a great thing. 

A win is a win but the goal difference is absurd. 

3-5-2 could happen if O'Reilly stays and Watson gets back on the pitch. Who would play the wing backs roles though. Would we go with Dick and Millen or go more positive with Smith and Connolly. 

A well ground out win today. Away game  in a Derby and a bit of a slog is a game we could easily have lost last season and after the last two games and cheap dropped points this was all about getting the 3 points. 

Thought Scott Brown was excellent in the main today and a real stand out. Shaun Byrne needs to be signed at all costs. He is excellent at what he does. 

Watching Easton in the warm up I wasn’t surprised by his showing. I’m usually a massive fan of him but he had one today. He is rarely mentioned but I really don’t see what Josh Mullen brings to the team. IM is clearly a fan however and there is a reason he is where he is and I’m sitting on the sofa typing this! 

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

3-5-2 could happen if O'Reilly stays and Watson gets back on the pitch. Who would play the wing backs roles though. Would we go with Dick and Millen or go more positive with Smith and Connolly. 

Any suggestion that we play any formation that doesn’t involve Ross Millen is mad chat. 

2 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

A well ground out win today. Away game  in a Derby and a bit of a slog is a game we could easily have lost last season and after the last two games and cheap dropped points this was all about getting the 3 points. 

Thought Scott Brown was excellent in the main today and a real stand out. Shaun Byrne needs to be signed at all costs. He is excellent at what he does. 

Watching Easton in the warm up I wasn’t surprised by his showing. I’m usually a massive fan of him but he had one today. He is rarely mentioned but I really don’t see what Josh Mullen brings to the team. IM is clearly a fan however and there is a reason he is where he is and I’m sitting on the sofa typing this! 

Mullin was probably up there with O’Reilly as our best player on the park the day 

6 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

If Josh Mullin doesn't play today, you're sitting on your sofa bumping your gums that we've lost 1-0 and that United are away with the league title. 

Nothing much went well for Easton today. Hamilton worked hard but again didn't work out don't know if he's unhappy or not. 

In terms of big Kev I don't know if Murray saw it as too important a game to chuck McNeil straight into. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Josh Mullin doesn't play today, you're sitting on your sofa bumping your gums that we've lost 1-0 and that United are away with the league title. 

Pretty sure I wouldn’t be saying that, not with so many games left. He puts in a great corner and it’s dangerous. Does nowhere near enough in open play for me. 

like I said though, it’s all about opinions. 

Josh Mullin was brilliant today, I honestly can’t believe there were people who watched that game and didn’t see it. If it wasn’t for O’Reilly’s doubles he’d have easily been my man of the match. He has definitely flown under the radar this season but today was his best game for us IMO.

2 assists, beat his full back on numerous occasions, some great deliveries and carries taking us up the field. So disciplined as well, filled in centre of the park on a couple of occasions when Brown went forward. Even in stoppage time after running himself into the ground for 90 minutes he still chased a ball all the way back to Mehmet forcing him to slice it out the park and take us 60 yards away from our goal and a breather.

Thought Vaughan was really good too albeit he tired and got slack in the second half. He linked the play well and dictated the game along with Brown and Byrne for our period of dominance from the first 5 minutes up until the Pars goal.

Edited by R.R.FC

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Mullin was great today, he gives us a great delivery and a lot of energy. He's never going to be flashy and a consistent goalscorer though. However, the scientist in me absolutely grates at the inaccuracy of your point, regardless of understanding what you were getting at. 😂

I thought we were outstanding today. We clearly had to play a very deep back line so as not to expose Kevin, this probably meant we suffered a bit from an attacking sense as a result though. Had he been fully fit, I think we would have blown them away today. 

Scott Brown was an absolute warrior today and I hope that we continue with that formation. Him and Byrne are a joy to watch.