The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

O'Reilly has 5 offers on the table according to the Courier. 

Hopefully one from us. 

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Fruitless exercise the 2 pages of tactics and formations with Murrayball at the helm.

I just hope the penny drops that no Stanton mean we need to change it. 

He has changed it, to be fair. With Stanton available (and for the remainder of the Ayr game and Arbroath at home) we were playing a 4-1-3-2 and he's since moved to a 4-2-3-1, with Brown into the midfield to cover a lot of Stanton's work alongside Byrne. 

There are further or other changes that could be made, but it's not true to say that Murray hasn't tried to adapt to Stanton's absence. 

58 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He has changed it, to be fair. With Stanton available (and for the remainder of the Ayr game and Arbroath at home) we were playing a 4-1-3-2 and he's since moved to a 4-2-3-1, with Brown into the midfield to cover a lot of Stanton's work alongside Byrne. 

There are further or other changes that could be made, but it's not true to say that Murray hasn't tried to adapt to Stanton's absence. 

Think I’m just frustrated from Airdrie game.

Long diagonals with no Hamilton on the pitch.

Over run in midfield, won no second balls and ceding possession.

Can only recall one shot on target and the 4 subs at the one time was poor.

Really feel a couple of fresh recruits would help lift the levels again which have undoubtedly dropped.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Think I’m just frustrated from Airdrie game.

Long diagonals with no Hamilton on the pitch.

Over run in midfield, won no second balls and ceding possession.

Can only recall one shot on target and the 4 subs at the one time was poor.

Really feel a couple of fresh recruits would help lift the levels again which have undoubtedly dropped.

Would be good but do we have the money for decent signings? If we are doing that we need to put laddies out on loan. What’s the point in signing players to keep on bench all season then taking in new recruits? 

we need a wee shake up and some fresh kegs for sure 

Read that O’Reilly never trained with the squad yesterday.

More than Raith apparently looking to sign him which is understandable. Amazing that a short loan has made him go from being without a team with his previous in div 1 to multiple interested at a higher level.

Post Pars match you’d have thought he’d be a stick on for signing an extension so I wonder if it’s Murray who maybe thinks he car get better. Who know but every day that passes whilst we have issues at the back if feels less chance of it happening. 

3 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

More than Raith apparently looking to sign him which is understandable. Amazing that a short loan has made him go from being without a team with his previous in div 1 to multiple interested at a higher level.

Post Pars match you’d have thought he’d be a stick on for signing an extension so I wonder if it’s Murray who maybe thinks he car get better. Who know but every day that passes whilst we have issues at the back if feels less chance of it happening. 

On the other side, every good performance he put in for us (4 goals in his time here too) gives him more room to negotiate and demand a salary, something we're perhaps not willing/able to meet. 

O'Reilly knows he's probably not guaranteed to be a regular starter when everyone is fit either, unfortunately, so that is likely to weigh on his decisions too. 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

13 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Aye, but Murray also needs to weigh up the chances of Watson coming back in, and then having a spare body on the bench using up funds if he wants or needs to spend that elsewhere.

I’ve seen in the FFP that big Kev has been playing through injury since Dundee United and was Knocked out before the Ayr United game if that’s the case then why play him In the previous games which might’ve helped us not drop points at home 

32 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

On the other side, every good performance he put in for us (4 goals in his time here too) gives him more room to negotiate and demand a salary, something we're perhaps not willing/able to meet. 

O'Reilly knows he's probably not guaranteed to be a regular starter when everyone is fit either, unfortunately, so that is likely to weigh on his decisions too. 

Tbf I think he will be a guaranteed starter when everyone is fit Watson been out for months and no indication when he’ll be back plus it’ll take him a while to get fit/ Murray has been picking up injuries here and there…. IM obviously doesn’t have trust in Corr or Masson or they’d be playing ahead of a midfielder in CH so this is best time for him I would imagine to sign an extension 

Could it be that we have a choice to make as rumours recently were that we were in for Ashcroft. Maybe Potter and Murray working on the best deal for the club and if we miss out on O'Reilly we bring in Ashcroft who maybe presently is a better fit as we need a balanced back 4 and I'm not convinced we get the best out of Euan Murray or O'Reilly when one is played on the right.

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Could it be that we have a choice to make as rumours recently were that we were in for Ashcroft. Maybe Potter and Murray working on the best deal for the club and if we miss out on O'Reilly we bring in Ashcroft who maybe presently is a better fit as we need a balanced back 4 and I'm not convinced we get the best out of Euan Murray or O'Reilly when one is played on the right.

Murray has played on the right for us when both Bene and Davo was here before and looked completely fine👍 I don’t agree with this stuff he can’t play on the right side when he’s done it quite a few times in his career 

23 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Murray has played on the right for us when both Bene and Davo was here before and looked completely fine👍 I don’t agree with this stuff he can’t play on the right side when he’s done it quite a few times in his career 

Murray actually played right-back for us for a considerable number of games back then, and scored a few goals from there so your absolutely correct. 

Cant see the new owners splashing out too much cash on bringing any players in, theres not many left on highish wages that can go out on loan or moved on apart from maybe Gullan, are we waiting to see if we get past Livi and get a good draw to boost the coffers before any business is done.

And on the rumour of Ashcroft, is he any better than O'Reilly, certainly will be on a far higher wage I would imagine  

12 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

Murray actually played right-back for us for a considerable number of games back then, and scored a few goals from there so your absolutely correct. 

I meant CH but yeah he did play right back and left back for us so this Myth he can only play left side is bs 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Like Dom Thomas and O Reilly Seems to be a number in for Ashcroft as well including us, Queens Park and Dunfermline Athletic chasing Ashcroft.

Edited by third lanark

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve seen in the FFP that big Kev has been playing through injury since Dundee United and was Knocked out before the Ayr United game if that’s the case then why play him In the previous games which might’ve helped us not drop points at home 

Read that as well, shouldn't have been playing for at least 2 weeks. Think he's been bluffing the medical staff but they shouldn't have given him the all clear to play. The daft goal he conceded against Ayr might've been avoided. He also says that he's having trouble with his quad, I was out for 9 weeks when I had bother with mine.

Edited by MICMAC

I think we've officially hit our dodgy patch of the season we all expected. We've thrown away a couple of games now Ayr and Arbroath and were deservedly beaten on Saturday. 

We now have key players with injuries Kev, Stanton no news on Murray yet. 

The only saving grace on Saturday was Dindee United getting beat but they've already got the cheque book out this week. 

This is the test of management and squad to see how we get through it.