The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

Another silver lining is that we only have two league games in the next five weeks, both at home. That removes a lot of the urgency and gives a bit more time for Watson to get back to fitness; for Watson, Matthews and potentially Corr to get some game time in the Challenge Cup; and/or for us to get someone else in.

Specially if we progress in the SC and draw one of the erse cheeks 

33 minutes ago, basher brash said:

At least he didn’t sign for that Mob in the dark side of Fife because 100% they will have offered him a deal

Did we, aye?

I don’t think it a case of us losing out on O’Reilly, I think it’s a case of us passing up on what he wanted. So far this season we’ve been excellent in terms of getting value for money and as defensive cover brought in mid season, O’Reilly represented that. In a window where there will be other options perhaps there are similar players available for less than O’Reilly was after, or for slightly more than O’Reilly was after there might be much better players. I‘m certain Potter, Murray, Barrowman et all have weighed up the options here and if this is what they deem best, I’m willing to say it probably is.

Probably a return of the 3 at the back, Dick, Brown and another depending on whos fit. The issue will be who plays as wing backs and how we close the gaps. 

Just hope Matthews is fit enough to be starting. 

Disappointed to lose O'Reilly, as much due to timing & circumstance as anything else.

He's a cracking player, who did incredibly well during his short spell with the club. Bottom line is, if anyone - Partick in this case - are offering him terms well over & above what we were, fair fucks to the guy.

Don't think Murray/the board should hold the can on this one. Yes it makes Rovers a weaker squad but there's an entire month to operate here & potential to use that money more wisely.

Tbf I’m going down the path of did Murray really want to keep O’Reilly? if he did then something would’ve been sorted also mind he dropped the guy for a few games as well for Scott brown (a midfielder) I think Murray/Potter and Barrowman have something lined up or potentially looking at 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is that meaning Dick to CB and Stevenson in at LB 

I reckon 3 in now. Stevenson, Halliday and Tiffoney or the possibility of Byrne and Ashcroft in exchange for Easton.

51 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Looks like the Andy Halliday links ain’t going away and tbf I don’t see it here he fits in this team 

Was snooping a bit the other day, noticed Andy Barrowman liked a tweet from a Rovers fan that said something like “hope these rumours aren’t true, wouldn’t get in our team”. Obviously can’t look too much into that, is he more just happy that the stage you’re at, you’d turn down a decent Premiership footballer, or if it because it’s nonsense.

FWIW, I was told we were interested in taking Halliday on loan last Friday before that Transfer Scotland page started linking him with clubs. 

4 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

I reckon 3 in now. Stevenson, Halliday and Tiffoney or the possibility of Byrne and Ashcroft in exchange for Easton.

I can’t see Easton going in this window but I do think he’s off in the summer, I think it’ll be one of A Full back, A CM (hopefully turner from County) and winger 

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

He was no where near on Rovers radar at the start of the season , I would rather the board stuck to their guns and not be held to ransom regarding a player who was only signed as a stop gap lessons have obviously been learnt regarding previous ludicrous players contracts ie Ethan Ross , James Keatings . Murray imo did a great job in recruitment during the summer so I totally trust him and the rest of the back room staff if the courier is correct  we only thought he was worth a 6 month contract anyway so Murray didn’t rate him that highly. If O Reilly is that good why was he without a club for 6 months why did Thistle not sign him in the summer ? 

He was in at thistle in the summer and they dinnae fancy him. Strange one

57 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Why do people keep coming up with this about exchanging Easton?

There's absolutely no chance we're going to give away one of our players of the season as leverage. Byrne is on loan for the rest of the season and Ashcroft is an alternative option on loan too. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

52 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Was snooping a bit the other day, noticed Andy Barrowman liked a tweet from a Rovers fan that said something like “hope these rumours aren’t true, wouldn’t get in our team”. Obviously can’t look too much into that, is he more just happy that the stage you’re at, you’d turn down a decent Premiership footballer, or if it because it’s nonsense.

FWIW, I was told we were interested in taking Halliday on loan last Friday before that Transfer Scotland page started linking him with clubs. 

Tbf I think it’s surprising you’re looking at him as well (if your rumours are true) I’d thought it be certain you lot will be looking for a CH or 2 and a Wing backs because of your horrendous injury record at the back 

35 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Why do people keep coming up with this about exchanging Easton?

There's absolutely no chance we're going to give away one of our players of the season as leverage. Byrne is on loan for the rest of the season and Ashcroft is an alternative option on loan too. 

Exactly. What are Dundee going to say? Give us Easton in exchange for Byrne. We say no chance and they recall Byrne to through the toys out the pram. That’s all fine, they continue to pay a wage for a player they have no need for and we continue to pay a player who starts every week. I know exactly who is in the driving seat with this and it certainly isn’t Dundee.