The New Raith Rovers Thread

52 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Just got round to watching the highlights today.

I left Almondvale frustrated as hell on Saturday, but a really weird frustration. I mean, we played pretty well and usually a decent performance away from home to a team in the league above resulting in a single goal defeat would be decent........ but that really was a such good opportunity missed.

However my frustration has dissipated somewhat after watching the highlights. What the game does confirm to me is that even finishing 2nd still leaves a really decent chance at promotion this season. We play Saturdays game another twice (even with no centre halves) and we win both times. You add Stanton, Murray and Watson to the squad and I'd be hugely confident in any play off tie against a bottom 2 Premiership team.

Jack Hamilton scoring again and his general all round play as well as the way Lewis Vaughan is really coming on to a game gives me huge hope for the remainder of the season. I think if we can get the defence stabilised, move Broony up the field a bit and have our attacking flair midfielders as options from the bench rather than deputising as wing backs etc then we absolutely can regain some league form and push Dundee United all the way.

Even if we ultimately come up short in a title race, from Saturdays evidence, there is more to fear from 3rd and 4th place in the Championship than from 11th in the Premiership.

Similar feeling.

At the game,watched highlights and watched Inside Matchday and still gutted we never won-more than enough chances to win it.

Was Vaughan offside from Jack Hamilton header thru?

Is Brown playing in defence now because he’s not a starter in midfield?

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Do you think he'll sign on for next season. A good signing but an expensive one if he misses half a season. 

No, not unless he’s already cheap as chips, which I doubt. Players that have been at the level he has know when it’s time to back off, and I’m sure this is his sign. I doubt he’s happy how this is playing out.

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

Similar feeling.

At the game,watched highlights and watched Inside Matchday and still gutted we never won-more than enough chances to win it.

Was Vaughan offside from Jack Hamilton header thru?

Is Brown playing in defence now because he’s not a starter in midfield?

I've been thinking about this too. With the way the team are set up, Murray naturally wants 5 in the forward positions which leaves 1 holding midfield player and realistically, Byrne can't be dropped. 

36 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I don't think he will ever be good enough at this level but to belittle the guy for doing a good thing in the community is a bit shit tbh. 

Totally agree. The laddie is trying to do a job he loves. One most people could only dream of. 👍 

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

Well done to everyone involved in this photo. I did have to look twice though, I thought for a split second it was Tx’s choice for our starting back four on Saturday!

IMG_0088.jpeg

I'm not opposed, but I'd have to see if the blonde can put in a cross or if it's Hannah and Masson at FB and the two ladies at CB.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'm not opposed, but I'd have to see if the blonde can put in a cross or if it's Hannah and Masson at FB and the two ladies at CB.

Masson looks like he's got a decent rapport with the one on the right so he's right centre back and she's the right back. Hannah left back and the other left centre back. 

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm perfectly calm. It's shit banter and deserved to be called out as such. 

Good your calm.

As much as it was a bit of banter it’s also true.He’s always out doing the community side of things which I why I said it as well.Clearly a good lad to have around the club and probably underused at times this season.

8 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Good your calm.

As much as it was a bit of banter it’s also true.He’s always out doing the community side of things which I why I said it as well.Clearly a good lad to have around the club and probably underused at times this season.

I think your supposed point could have been illustrated perfectly well without the last part tbh. We all have shit banter at times so we can all kiss and make up but realistically people are struggling and to bellitle a young man going out to a local foodbank, in his own time, is a bit daft. 

54 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Good your calm.

Just incase you actually didn't get the message, there is a collection for that Foodbank on Saturday and anyone who wants to donate but can't attend on Saturday, dot put the link up on twitter earlier also 

https://donate.justgiving.com/donation-amount?uri=aHR0cHM6Ly9kb25hdGUtYXBpLmp1c3RnaXZpbmcuY29tL2FwaS9kb25hdGlvbnMvZDMxODUyNzYyY2M0NDM1MGEyMWM1YWRjMzFhMTgxNmU/aXNDaGVja291dEFwaT10cnVl

1 hour ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

heart rate monitor for packing the shopping seems a bit excessive.

IDK, given the rate our defenders get injured, it’s pretty sensible.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Another great interview from RTV, with Potter this time, very infectious enthusiasm and a good insight into what they're all trying to achieve

It’s good that we’re actually got/getting a better structure in place in the footballing side, in his interview he has a lot of things to do but also helping the Ian and Mickey with training… also the other thing that’s  good is he gives a bit of insight how loans in the pro game work etc how he’s using the community club for next potential rovers players… it is very good indeed 

On 21/01/2024 at 07:19, RAITHROVERS84 said:

And was at fault for the goal by lunging out of position.

Don’t know if anyone else caught it but even one of the BBC Scotland radio presenters said post match yesterday - Raith need to sort there CB situation out as they need to be playing Brown in midfield. The dugs on the street can see our issue.

Irrespective of us challenging DU Murray needs to sort this capitulation in results. One win in 6 against a Pars team who’re seemingly going out their way to get games called off. 

Caught it as we got back in the car after the game, think it was Willie Miller that said it

It was Ian McCall , However talking about Willie miller man talks BS is summary was deserved win for Livi second half both teams had chances to win he then proceeded to rattle off 5 chances for rovers then McKays goal for Livi thought your meant to be balanced , Tom English then pipes in its a dreadful run now and their luck in scoring last minute goals have run out no way could they have kept that up rewind before the United game the same guy says this rovers side scoring last minute goals ain’t luck not to score that much , These guys talk S@@@e we didn’t have a recognised centre half playing today or a settled defence all season but thankfully that’s when Ian Mcall came in with the Scott brown centre half comment . 
it’s refreshing to hear Potters interview we won’t sign players if we think they aren’t value for money , Doesn’t fit into the budget or signing a player for the sake of it , We just have to look at last seasons transfer window it put our club on its knees 

10 hours ago, grumswall said:

Just incase you actually didn't get the message, there is a collection for that Foodbank on Saturday and anyone who wants to donate but can't attend on Saturday, dot put the link up on twitter earlier also 

https://donate.justgiving.com/donation-amount?uri=aHR0cHM6Ly9kb25hdGUtYXBpLmp1c3RnaXZpbmcuY29tL2FwaS9kb25hdGlvbnMvZDMxODUyNzYyY2M0NDM1MGEyMWM1YWRjMzFhMTgxNmU/aXNDaGVja291dEFwaT10cnVl

Thanks for sharing the link, mate.