The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

You're saying he's been better than Stanton 😂😂 behave 🙄

Had Stanton played the full season then there's a debate. Vaughan currently has more goals and more assists than Stanton. 

Saying he's not on form is lunacy, he's top scorer in the league ffs 😂

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Vaughan was below par against Airdrie and Queens Park but I thought he was fantastic last week.  Would definitely not be benching him tomorrow.

I also thought Easton looked more effective last week than he has for the last few games.

There were definite signs there last week that the team is starting to click again in attack.  This is exactly the right point of the season to hit form and if we are indeed getting Watson and Murray back into the fold we could be in for a very enjoyable few months.

I think Easton suits that 3rd Central midfielder Role in the 352 he can drop deep to receive it, create space from nothing, has the intelligence to move around causing opposition players to follow him and creates space for our players, I think on left hand side in the 4132 he’s kind of been found out a bit imo 

5 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

🙄 Jesus, a reply desperately in need of some IQ 

No, a simple and concise response to your “if only” analysis of the league position.

The League title could have been in our sights in a much more meaningful manner IF we had kept winning like we were, but that’s a silly take. A football season is full of inevitable bumps and surprises, and true consistency of results is extremely rare. As the league reached the halfway point, we and DU were on an unsustainable run, where a continuation would have seen a never before reached points total for the top two teams combined. One, or both, teams were going to start dropping points, and lo it has come to pass. Fast starts are more common than one might believe, but after two HtH games in league, the other teams start to have enough data to better respond to tactics that were overwhelming at first.

You can debate or share opinions without taking offence and attacking, you know.

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

Had Stanton played the full season then there's a debate. Vaughan currently has more goals and more assists than Stanton. 

Saying he's not on form is lunacy, he's top scorer in the league ffs 😂

Let's put it this way then, since scoring against Ayr six games ago what's he scored or contributed to in terms of goals? 

Against Airdrie he was terrible, against Queens not much better, didn't play great against Dunfermline in the 2-1 win and against Arbroath was average. Now I do feel this could be in part due to Stanton being missing but it's Hamilton that's been scoring the goals of late, why because he's in form. Why is Lewy not scoring, because he isn't in form although he can't be faulted for his effort.

He apparently had a good game against Livi, I wasn't there as I was in Dublin but we lost and he contributed to no goals and no assists. Granted from what I heard he definitely was better than the previous games. 

Jesus, I'm not saying the guy is crap, I'm just saying I don't think his form is what it was earlier in the season and that's allowed. He can't perform in every game in every match. That's why we have a squad to support players when having a bit of a down turn. 

I want for nothing more than a Lewy Vaughan in form and banging in hattricks, who wouldn't but to suggest that he shouldn't be dropped when every other player in the team have had stints on the bench is unfair, because they've all played their part as well. It's called a squad for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

No, a simple and concise response to your “if only” analysis of the league position.

The League title could have been in our sights in a much more meaningful manner IF we had kept winning like we were, but that’s a silly take. A football season is full of inevitable bumps and surprises, and true consistency of results is extremely rare. As the league reached the halfway point, we and DU were on an unsustainable run, where a continuation would have seen a never before reached points total for the top two teams combined. One, or both, teams were going to start dropping points, and lo it has come to pass. Fast starts are more common than one might believe, but after two HtH games in league, the other teams start to have enough data to better respond to tactics that were overwhelming at first.

You can debate or share opinions without taking offence and attacking, you know.

Appreciate your response. 

I agree there will be bumps, ours has come when Stanton isn't in the team.

Had we had some sort of defence then this would be different. That's down to the boss filling the team with midfielders and not enough options at the back. 

We all knew Murrayball would wear off, the issue is Murray doesn't seem to have adapted to that and it was glaringly obvious against Airdrie. I think the whole team were let down by Murrays approach to the game and made no effort to change formation or tactics against a team who have been better in all 3 games against us this year. The only game he's changed tactics was Dunfermline and we cantered to a 3-0 win. The only win this season that has been substantial.

We all have our opinions and I heard lots at all these games by fellow fans. We all want the best for the team and we will agree and disagree, that's the nature of the game. 

I personally hope of Vaughan plays tomorrow, which I think he will, he goes on and buries a hat-trick and I will be the 1st to praise him but equally if he doesn't have a great game, I'll call it out. 

10 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

The only game he's changed tactics was Dunfermline and we cantered to a 3-0 win. The only win this season that has been substantial.

Sorry but that’s just not true at all. We have literally started with a different formation in each of our last 3 games not to mention the formation changes in game (which admittedly haven’t worked the last few weeks).

Murray isn’t immune from criticism and he probably has made a few mistakes in recent weeks but he has quite clearly changed tactics to try and find a solution to our recent dip in form.

I think what we actually need is some consistency in terms of formation and team selection and things will start to pick up again when we have the rhythm. It’s not been possible due to injuries but there seems a bit of light at the end of the tunnel on that. Performances are also slowly improving again.

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Arbroath away moved to the Friday for BBC coverage.  Ruins a potentially great Saturday afternoon out.

Aye, that can f**k right off.

Just now, renton said:

Anyway, are we signing someone, losing anyone or is it all same as ever and hoping for a Gullan goal tomorrow....

I reckon Gullan will come on and score tomorrow.  It'll then be made pretty clear by his FT reaction that it's his last game for the club.

I don’t actually disagree with the fact that Vaughan is off form just now, well he’s not scored in his last 5 games if that constitutes being off form. It might actually be the longest he’s gone without scoring since he’s been with us!

Who do you drop him for though? Smith/Gullan? Neither of them have been setting the heather alight either. 

Vaughan playing up front with Jack Hamilton is the best forward combination we have at the minute. Utter lunacy to suggest not playing them.

Vaughan played brilliantly against Livingston. I'm not sure where this, "He's been pish recently", vibe comes from. Presumably because he hasn't scored at least twice in every game lately?

30 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I reckon Gullan will come on and score tomorrow.  It'll then be made pretty clear by his FT reaction that it's his last game for the club.

I'd fucking love him to come on and rattle in a late late late winner before jumping into the south stand as the referee blows up.