The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Pretty much, Turner offers nothing in that ineffectual midfield. Good player Wrong “team” 

Jack Hamilton right player wrong time he’s feeding off of scraps at the moment and I feel sorry for the guy he was 1 of 2 to get pass marks from me same with big Kev who kept the score respectable 

28 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Ruddens played about half an hour and assisted a goal? 

Turner on the other hand looks absolutely ineffective. 

Yup he was effective  in a single move, and for the rest of the match he huffed and puffed and achieved nothing except  a defeat, just like his next game for us. Turner has been the biggest let down. Maybe Derek Adams home truths about the state of Scottish football was on the mark.  

3 home defeats on the trot to start 2024. Not good.

I bumped the game tonight. The Queens Park and Inverness games done me in and I was happy enough to stay in the pub.

Now we have a huge game against Dundee United on Friday. We need to find a way to win games again. 

Some incredible head's gone performances in here, fair play. 

There's clearly no silver bullet to fix the run Rovers are on at this moment in time, but for us to play the team that's sitting 5th in the Championship and have one shot at goal, and blame the defence for us losing is quite interesting. 

The fact of the matter is, Calum Smith was so anonymous I forgot he was playing, Kyle Turner was terrible and was so was Dylan Easton. 

What needs to happen, is that Ian Murray needs to pick a 4-2-3-1 formation, and select the players that most suit that formation, rather than what he seems to be doing now, and picking his favoured eleven and selecting a formation from there. 

Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

There's clearly no silver bullet to fix the run Rovers are on at this moment in time, but for us to play the team that's sitting 5th in the Championship and have one shot at goal, and blame the defence for us losing is quite interesting. 

The fact of the matter is, Calum Smith was so anonymous I forgot he was playing, Kyle Turner was terrible and was so was Dylan Easton. 

What needs to happen, is that Ian Murray needs to pick a 4-2-3-1 formation, and select the players that most suit that formation, rather than what he seems to be doing now, and picking his favoured eleven and selecting a formation from there. 

Fucking tell him that then, you’re in the media aren’t you?? People in a wee bit of concern are lambasted as heads gone, get stuffed😡

We need to be honest and right now it's about not getting a hiding off United. 

I'd 100% go 4-5-1 drop Murray bring in Corr give us a little pace at the back. Drop Dick and paly McGill. I mean the fact Murray has signed no defenders is absolutely unforgivable in my eyes. That defence has cost us definitely the league at the moment but quite possibly the play-offs at this rate. 

Midfield - Mullin, Brown, Stanton, Matthews, Connolly and Hamilton up front. 

I'll be honest, I could still see us getting a hiding. There's no cohesion or belief. I personally think Murray has lost the dressing room. 

Couple more consecutive losses and he must be nearing the chop. Nobody can defend him now. 

3 minutes ago, A_Rover_In_The_Burgh said:

We need to be honest and right now it's about not getting a hiding off United. 

I'd 100% go 4-5-1 drop Murray bring in Corr give us a little pace at the back. Drop Dick and paly McGill. I mean the fact Murray has signed no defenders is absolutely unforgivable in my eyes. That defence has cost us definitely the league at the moment but quite possibly the play-offs at this rate. 

Midfield - Mullin, Brown, Stanton, Matthews, Connolly and Hamilton up front. 

I'll be honest, I could still see us getting a hiding. There's no cohesion or belief. I personally think Murray has lost the dressing room. 

Couple more consecutive losses and he must be nearing the chop. Nobody can defend him now. 

He'll not get the chop, we couldn't afford to do that, just hope he changes his mindset over team selection and tactics

Murray has a 3 year extension, it'll take a lot more than us losing the next few games for him to get the chop. That's a massive financial outlay the board would need to make. 

When I got to the ground and seen the lineup I actually thought we were going to be going for a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.  Then we kicked off and we were playing whatever the hell that was.  Turner didn't seem to have a clue what he was meant to be doing or where he was meant to be, sometimes he was out wide right, then he was in the centre, but regardless whenever he did get the ball he just seemed to waste it.  Easton was off doing his own thing and I'm really struggling to see why Murray keeps playing Easton and Smith against Airdrie, the Airdrie players quite clearly know the two of them inside out so you're going into the game with hand tied behind your back already.  

The whole team looks to have lost confidence and any belief they can turn things around when we concede (which is often now).  Easton's confidence is completely and utterly shot, you always see him at the start of a game or after coming on as a sub, the first thing he tries to do is go at his defender.  If he skips past them then that's usually him with his confidence up and good for the rest of the game, if he fails though then that seems to be him done.  

Stanton coming back is big, but it's not going to turn it around with how low the confidence is now.  Really need something like a fluke last minute winner or something to help get the confidence back, not likely to happen given we play Utd next.   I genuinely think if Gullan's free kick against Queen's Park had went in off the bar that would got the confidence and belief going again and we'd be a much better position.  Instead it bounced out off the bar and we've went on to lose the next three games and now look a complete shell of the team from earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I agree to some extent the goal was totally avoidable but that’s on the defence and Midfield/brown not clearing their lines and no one looking and simply not picking up Todorov.

I agree the attack has let us down tonight but it’s been like that 3 times against Airdrie this season, Matthews not even getting on the pitch was criminal as you said and I agree that Turner and Easton were absolutely horrendous and he should’ve been on for one of them at least.. 

Murray needs to find something that works even if goes brexit 442 and shithouses a win anything would do

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

He'll not get the chop, we couldn't afford to do that, just hope he changes his mindset over team selection and tactics

Just now, Kooz92 said:

Murray has a 3 year extension, it'll take a lot more than us losing the next few games for him to get the chop. That's a massive financial outlay the board would need to make. 

Losing out on the play-offs would be an even bigger loss. 

We change it and get someone who knows well football, we still have a shot at the play offs and promotion, earning a lot more money if we can go up. 

Putting Murray on a 3 year deal was terrible and everyone was in a bubble at the time. We've played shite all season, conceded goals, all season but he got away with Murrayball until his luck ran out and by christ it has. I have no faith in his ability to adapt his teams or even structure a team. Jesus, Stanton is good but he's 1 player. We should have adapted and he hasn't even come close to it.

Sick to death of Hearts and Hibs folk managing our club. Would like a completely fresh take on things. 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I agree to some extent the goal was totally avoidable but that’s on the defence and Midfield/brown not clearing their lines and no one looking and simply not picking up Todorov.

I agree the attack has let us down tonight but it’s been like that 3 times against Airdrie this season, Matthews not even getting on the pitch was criminal as you said and I agree that Turner and Easton were absolutely horrendous and he should’ve been on for one of them at least.. 

Murray needs to find something that works even if goes brexit 442 and shithouses a win anything would do

I'm a massive fan of Ross Matthews, but he's nowhere near as good as Brown or Byrne. 

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm a massive fan of Ross Matthews, but he's nowhere near as good as Brown or Byrne. 

That’s a bit unfair is it not, yea he’s been perma crocked. That doesn’t take away from his obvious talent. A fit Matthews would be a starter in any team and you know it. 

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

That's a take, that's for sure. Can't agree with it but fair play for putting it out there. IMO Matthews offers more than Brown and Byrne overall but that is due to playstyle. Matthews is a box to box midfielder whereas Brown and Byrne are seen as prototypical defensive midfielders. To say Ross Matthews is nowhere near as good as Scott Brown, I cannot wrap my head around that.

Just now, Stardog_champion said:

That’s a bit unfair is it not, yea he’s been perma crocked. That doesn’t take away from his obvious talent. A fit Matthews would be a starter in any team and you know it. 

He's not better than Scott Brown or Shaun Byrne, so no, he wouldn't be