The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Surely No said:

Seems there had been one since Margie.IMG_20240206_205611.thumb.jpg.a3b94f09a29a940325d7df169653ee76.jpg

Aye, funny you should say that, but David popped up on my Twitter feed recently and when I clicked on his profile it said he was our SLO. 

Was the first of me realising, but that to be fair, that might have been down to my ignorance rather than it not being well publicised. 

4 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Hammer off the mark 🔨⚽

More on the mark. Oh, and Mitchell’s scored too for Bo’ness…

Edited by TxRover

Bored at work so been on Transfermarket.  It seems that there are a few players without clubs.  One notee is John Frederiksen.  Released by Armden or whatever they are called - they signed him after we released him.  Not much of a helicopter after all. :D

Anyway, as we still need defenders, thought I would have a look at what are available on a free, seeing as we only have that option or loanees from the Premiershit.

Richard Tait  RB 34  Was St Mirren.  Been at Motherwell, and bounced about lower leagues in England.
Jake Carroll LB 32 Irish, Motherwell and lower league England
Matt Penney LB 25 English, was Ipswich, previously Motherwell

Darren Brownlie CH 29 was Dundalk, formerly Partick and QOS

Never heard of any of them, but might be short termers till the end of the season as they all are looking for clubs......  Anybody any insights into them?

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Bored at work so been on Transfermarket.  It seems that there are a few players without clubs.  One notee is John Frederiksen.  Released by Armden or whatever they are called - they signed him after we released him.  Not much of a helicopter after all. :D

Anyway, as we still need defenders, thought I would have a look at what are available on a free, seeing as we only have that option or loanees from the Premiershit.

Richard Tait  RB 34  Was St Mirren.  Been at Motherwell, and bounced about lower leagues in England.

Never heard of any of them, but might be short termers till the end of the season as they all are looking for clubs......  Anybody any insights into them?

He seems like an interesting one.  Played for Sheffield Wednesday, Bradford, Mansfield and St Pauli as well as the two you've mentioned (edited to add....also Charlton).

Edited by AllanJM

4 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Tait was a steady enough bottom 6 standard player for Motherwell and St Mirren, do we a need a RB though?

On 07/02/2024 at 15:02, Heid_The_Baw said:

I would worry that out of contract players will take a month or so to get anywhere close to match fitness. 

I think if there are any out of contract full backs out there that would be capable of playing at this level and would fit into our wage structure then we'd be daft not to bring them in (assuming they're fit of course).  We need some competition at both RB and LB to keep Millen and Dick on their toes and to replace them if they're off form.  It also doesn't use up any of our loan spots.

I have no doubt that Murray and Potter know this far better than I do and will be using their contacts to see if the right players are out there. 

I know nothing about the guys listed (other than what it says on wiki) so can't comment on whether we should or shouldn't be looking at them.

2 hours ago, AllanJM said:

I think if there are any out of contract full backs out there that would be capable of playing at this level and would fit into our wage structure then we'd be daft not to bring them in (assuming they're fit of course).  We need some competition at both RB and LB to keep Millen and Dick on their toes and to replace them if they're off form.  It also doesn't use up any of our loan spots.

I have no doubt that Murray and Potter know this far better than I do and will be using their contacts to see if the right players are out there. 

I know nothing about the guys listed (other than what it says on wiki) so can't comment on whether we should or shouldn't be looking at them.

We're doing something wrong if the recommendation for a full back includes a 34 year old who has retired from the game.