The New Raith Rovers Thread

Winning the league is still a dream for me.

But with Brown, Murray, Watson, Dick and now Ashcroft I’d be a lot more confident going into playoffs games against the likes of Partick, Ross County and Livi.

26 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

All the best Raith, these dayglo fuds are there for the taking.

dicaprio.gif.847f504f3b55a005b9c255c60b4d9891.gif

Thank you.

Perty at the top of the law when we win the league?? I'll bring a carry oot, you bring the pens 😀

Glad we have signed a solid centre back, a position we have been lacking lately, no way we could rely on Murray and Watson to see the season out. Don't need Brown and Dick bombing forward from wing back positions as we should be well covered with the likes of Easton, Connelly, Smith and Mullin able to link between those positions, Scott Brown,  Stanton, Byrne and Vaughn give plenty of options from defensive to attacking mid roles and with Rudden and Hamilton up top again we have options. Corr and McGill give us some cover if injuries dictate.

As was shown last Friday we now have a squad who can arguably be a stronger finishing 11 than the starting 11. A glorious position to be in.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Millen and Masson leave in the few days left of the window.

Edit to add Shaun Byrne, can't believe I left him out 🫢 

Edited by keyser_soze

30 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Glad we have signed a solid centre back, a position we have been lacking lately, no way we could rely on Murray and Watson to see the season out. Don't need Brown and Dick bombing forward from wing back positions as we should be well covered with the likes of Easton, Connelly, Smith and Mullin able to link between those positions, Scott Brown,  Stanton, Byrne and Vaughn give plenty of options from defensive to attacking mid roles and with Rudden and Hamilton up top again we have options. Corr and McGill give us some cover if injuries dictate.

As was shown last Friday we now have a squad who can arguably be a stronger finishing 11 than the starting 11. A glorious position to be in.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Millen and Masson leave in the few days left of the window.

Edit to add Shaun Byrne, can't believe I left him out 🫢 

Fucking hell, also for got about Matthews and Kyle Turner

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ashcroft saying it was John Potter that actually convinced him Raith was the place to be instead of Dunfermline and he was the main factor.

Story of our season. Almost every person who has signed has commented that Potter sold the club to them. He's been an excellent addition to the staff.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Perty at the top of the law when we win the league?? I'll bring a carry oot, you bring the pens 😀

FTFY🫣

Perty at the tap o' the Lu when we win the league?? Eh'll bring a kerry oot, you bring the pehs .😀

My lasting memory of Ashcroft is the game we battered the Pars where Vaughan got his hattrick and Duggan got Ashcroft sent off in the process. Sure that was just an off day though as none of their players looked up to it.

Done well at a team that won this division last season, and also seems to have done a decent job recently when called up last month in the league above. Happy enough with this signing, especially with Watson coming back that'll hopefully help us shore things up at the back. Not sure there's many better centre backs that would have been available to us.

The other advantage with having Ashcroft is it means we have an extra option at centre-back, and don't have to take Scott Brown out of midfield if someone picks up an injury or suspension. We discussed it a bit on the podcast, but the Dunfermline and Dundee Utd games really showed the value of being able to play Scott Brown further up the park.

Just on centre half’s, am i right in saying O’Reilly hasn’t played for Patrick yet? Seems to be an unused sub in every league game as far as i can see. Never checked the cup game against Livingston though.

1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

My lasting memory of Ashcroft is the game we battered the Pars where Vaughan got his hattrick and Duggan got Ashcroft sent off in the process. Sure that was just an off day though as none of their players looked up to it.

Sorry but that's not correct. We were well on top when you opened the scoring. It ended up 3-0 so looked like a battering but we only "chucked it" when went down to 10 men.

Raith Rovers 3 – 0 Dunfermline Athletic | Raith Rovers FC

Edited by da_no_1

8 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Just on centre half’s, am i right in saying O’Reilly hasn’t played for Patrick yet? Seems to be an unused sub in every league game as far as i can see. Never checked the cup game against Livingston though.

He played for us in the cup anyway.

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Sorry but that's not correct. We were well on top when you opened the scoring. It ended up 3-0 so looked like a battering but we only "chucked it" when went down to 10 men.

This was closer to my memory of it. We were outplayed most of the first hour and lucky to be level. We did far better as the game went on and were pushing forward much more. That was when the sending off happened it was one way traffic to the end. Great game. 

30 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Glad the Pars can still take solace from being “well on top” in a 3-0 cup defeat to their then lower league, “wee team” neighbours.