The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just doing a wee round-up of Dundee loanees, how've you felt about Byrne, Rudden and the 15 minutes or so you saw of Lee Ashcroft (Murray said there was maybe a chance of him popping up near season's end - any updates on that?) Rudden more relevant than Byrne tbh considering only one will be around at Dens next season.

And once again, best of luck in the play-offs, hope you get up.

Byrne has been excellent. He perfectly complimented Sam Stanton's absolute motoring performances which saw us pick up so many points until late December when the latter got injured. Second half of the season he's been in and out of the team with the resurgence of Ross Matthews but overall he's exactly what we'll need going forwards. 

Rudden comes in for a fair bit of stick and you can tell he's destined to be the type of player who will split supports whichever club he's at.  I think he's had a positive impact but you can almost immediately tell if he's going to be an absolutely relentless menace or spend an afternoon failing to win headers within 5 minutes. He's scored a few goals since coming in, but doesn't look like he's able to get the consistency. Ironically I don't think it helped Jack Hamilton by signing him. If you're offering a straight choice between the two I'd take Hamilton but I'm still a fan of Rudden.

Ashcroft was hugely unfortunate. I'd hoped we'd maybe get him back for the playoffs but it wasn't to be. We'd spent an age bemoaning that we'd not signed a centre half, only to get one proven at this level and he gets injured within half an hour.

Such a shame to see that Airdrie lost. Give me a defeat by Partick over Murray embarrassing himself against Airdrie yet again any time. 

Glasgow is a nightmare to get to though. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Is there fucking anything you won't moan about? 

You just know he would’ve said something similar if Airdrie won.

A whinging embarrassment who for someone who complains non stop seems to spend an awful lot of time on here.

11 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

You just know he would’ve said something similar if Airdrie won.

A whinging embarrassment who for someone who complains non stop seems to spend an awful lot of time on here.

Well I did say a Partick win was preferred, so obviously I'd have moaned if Airdrie had managed to win :rolleyes:

Also glad it’s thistle.

Airdrie look a bomb scare at the back but we’ve not been aggressive enough in prior matches.

Will take another 1 nil away win with a bullet Murray header. 

28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Such a shame to see that Airdrie lost. Give me a defeat by Partick over Murray embarrassing himself against Airdrie yet again any time. 

Glasgow is a nightmare to get to though. 

There he is

56 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good to Dougie Hill getting a chance as a manager at Cowden. 

Unfortunately he's on a hiding to nothing there. 

Panicked for a minute when I thought you were about to be positive about something but you saved it at the last kick. 

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

A virtual queue...to buy online tickets...how gloriously tinpot. 

image.png.58d51a12d8b7211646ca3967639faeb1.png

To be fair it would have been much better if United had done that and let less folk onto the booking page at a time. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

To be fair it would have been much better if United had done that and let less folk onto the booking page at a time. 

At the end of it, you didn't even get to choose seats, its a free for all. I think to be fair, we feel a bit spoiled by Fanbase, its a pretty good system, easy, convenient and no requirement to print out paper tickets.

Edited by CountryBumpkin
correction on seating

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

At the end of it, you didn't even get to choose seats, its a free for all. I think to be fair, we feel a bit spoiled by Fanbase, its a pretty good system, easy, convenient and no requirement to print out paper tickets.

I take it back. Non-allocated seating in what will probably be a very full stand is less than ideal. 
I might have been able to make it to Airdrie but Firhill is not doable for me on a week night so telly it is.