The New Raith Rovers Thread

As for Byrne, it would have been nice to have him as he is clearly a very good player but other areas of the pitch are a higher priority. Shouldn't be too many tears and snotters down Firhill way.  

Absolutely brilliant that he's committed to us. Couldn't be happier.

As for the video! Worth an Oscar in short film animation category! Just outstanding.🤩🤩🥰

Edited by embow

A very happy guy by the sound of things. Excellent interview as always from Davie. Really liked Shaun's attitude and commitment to the Rovers. "Not worth moving for a wee bit extra money when I was back playing with a smile on my face at the Rovers." Wife kept him right as well on the happy and contented outlook on life playing with the Rovers. What's not to like?😊👍

Just now, embow said:

A very happy guy by the sound of things. Excellent interview as always from Davie. Really liked Shaun's attitude and commitment to the Rovers. "Not worth moving for a wee bit extra money when I was back playing with a smile on my face at the Rovers." Wife kept him right as well on the happy and contented outlook on life playing with the Rovers. What's not to like?😊👍

Genuinely love Shaun Byrne and would like to apologise for suggesting his legs were going a bit when it looked like he might not sign for us.

I'm sorry Shaun, I was emotional and hurt. I'll do better.

55 minutes ago, ohnononowheredidRossgo said:

Genuinely love Shaun Byrne and would like to apologise for suggesting his legs were going a bit when it looked like he might not sign for us.

I'm sorry Shaun, I was emotional and hurt. I'll do better.

Me too bud I said I wasn’t bothered if he re signed but have to say I’m beaming since I heard the news today, shauny shauny Byrne 💪🏻🔵⚪

Really great to hear a player talk about a club in a way that means more to them than just a wage. Byrne came in, fitted in quickly, did the hard yards and rightly got the plaudits for it, great to have him back for the next few seasons.

On another note, pre-season starts for the team on Monday 24th of June. It was meant to be Friday 14th but they decided to push it back to give the team a bit of a break after the play-offs. 

Hopefully Byrne will get a bit of cover in the middle from Brown/Matthews allowing him to play his game. I thought he was back to his best on the play offs, his pass for the goal against Ross County was sublime.