The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

I wonder why all these decent players want to come to the Rovers all of a sudden?

Surely it can't have anything to do with the "Village Idiots" planning.  Can it???????????????????

Aye there's a few of you numptys on here now wi beamer red faces eh? 

Any of you got the balls to apologise? Say you got it wrong? Sorry you used the expression Village Idiots?

I think it's only really been one person that's called them that. To put a different spin on it, it's easy to ride the wave when things are going well. I haven't a scooby what our financial situation is but I can't imagine the likes of Hanlon, Stevenson, retaining Easton would have been cheap. The board come across as having the clubs best intentions at heart and the general feeling is they won't put us in any dire straits but again it's easy to say that when things are going well and we've seen this film before with other clubs. 

48 minutes ago, Tiger Driver said:

Is Club 1883 cancel anytime? Or do you have to commit for the full season.

*Puts above quote into google translate*

Hi, I'd like to pay £20, get my name on the top, buy the top and cancel the subscription

The fact we’ve been able to secure Hanlon, and on a 3-year deal, totally vindicates the decision not to give O’Reilly a long-term contract back in January. O’Reilly would have been a pretty costly 4th choice CB now.

Impressive work again by the board, who have had an excellent first year at the helm. Although, I saw Allan Crow at the FFP retweet something about them not contacting Turnbull Hutton’s family about the Main Stand sponsorship. That’s not a good look.

20 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

The fact we’ve been able to secure Hanlon, and on a 3-year deal, totally vindicates the decision not to give O’Reilly a long-term contract back in January. O’Reilly would have been a pretty costly 4th choice CB now.

Impressive work again by the board, who have had an excellent first year at the helm. Although, I saw Allan Crow at the FFP retweet something about them not contacting Turnbull Hutton’s family about the Main Stand sponsorship. That’s not a good look.

Did he reweet it then list loads of football teams below it, in the standard FFP style ?

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Although, I saw Allan Crow at the FFP retweet something about them not contacting Turnbull Hutton’s family about the Main Stand sponsorship. That’s not a good look.

I seen a tweet from what I suspect is Turnbull’s Son who was disappointed the family weren’t contacted first. Barrowman then tweeted asking them to contact him.

21 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I seen a tweet from what I suspect is Turnbull’s Son who was disappointed the family weren’t contacted first. Barrowman then tweeted asking them to contact him.

Page 19 shows Turnbull's name on the new cladding.

Just had a look through the new commercial brochure.

The club are leaving no stone unturned in the quest for more revenue. 

It also confirmed Dunfermline and Falkirk as the category A games for this season.

I’m a wee bit disappointed that Neil Hutton chose to publicly come out with that. It looks as though the club have tried to do the right thing but have obviously made an error in not contacting the family. Surely an email/phonecall to the club would have been a better way to go about things.

If the club can sell all / majority of all the items listed in the new commercial brochure the feck me!

Would be night and day in regard to income vs previous seasons not counting the massive up turn in game / season tickets (biggest % rise in Scotland last term). Oh and you can’t forget the pies 😉

We’re pushing the playing budget but on the surface of things it’s backed by a transformative improvement in income.

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

If the club can sell all / majority of all the items listed in the new commercial brochure the feck me!

Would be night and day in regard to income vs previous seasons not counting the massive up turn in game / season tickets (biggest % rise in Scotland last term). Oh and you can’t forget the pies 😉

We’re pushing the playing budget but on the surface of things it’s backed by a transformative improvement in income.

It's just another example of how poorly run we were previously. 

14 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Scott Burns has Partick, St Johnstone and ourselves after Gabby McGill.

Wouldn't be against him coming in if it's within the budget as he would add something a bit different.

If Saints are genuinely in for him though (and the signing of Sanders shows the level they're recruiting at) you'd imagine he would go there. 

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

If Saints are genuinely in for him though (and the signing of Sanders shows the level they're recruiting at) you'd imagine he would go there. 

Unsure. He would be a squad player for us I think, so more regular might help others cause.

think we're trying to shift the ageing, expensive, back up players and instead have cheaper, younger, ones sitting on the bench, and swapping May for McGill there would play into that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unsure. He would be a squad player for us I think, so more regular might help others cause.

think we're trying to shift the ageing, expensive, back up players and instead have cheaper, younger, ones sitting on the bench, and swapping May for McGill there would play into that.

Could be a deciding factor for him but you'd hope he has enough confidence in his abilities to force his way into contention.

It could turn out to be a sensible tactic if it frees up some budget for a few key signings.  Losing Mitov is already a massive blow for you so bringing in some decent players has become even more important.

9 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Could be a deciding factor for him but you'd hope he has enough confidence in his abilities to force his way into contention.

It could turn out to be a sensible tactic if it frees up some budget for a few key signings.  Losing Mitov is already a massive blow for you so bringing in some decent players has become even more important.

It'll be hard for him to get near a starting spot up front, but right wing might be more open depending on Taylor Steven.

They signed Josh Rae before Mitov left so he might do.

4 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Incredible they managed to do that. Their coverage is absolutely pathetic.