The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, pub car king said:

Are they cladding the whole stand top to bottom or just part of the front?   

The last time I saw it, they had finished the corner section at the office but the cladding goes from the roof down to ‘door height’ I’m not sure if they are leaving it at that level or going all the way to the ground.

16 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

The last time I saw it, they had finished the corner section at the office but the cladding goes from the roof down to ‘door height’ I’m not sure if they are leaving it at that level or going all the way to the ground.

Tenuous I know, but from that image, its Cladding on the top half and what suggests to be repainted bottom part. 

Random question.  Was talking to somebody about Club1883 and the stuff you get if you signed up, showing them the hat, scarf and that.  They were looking at it on Fanbase and mentioned the signed poster.  I’d totally forgot about that, take it that never happened or did it and I missed it somehow?

Anyone got any knowledge on whether they’re doing anything with the ‘window’ end of the main stand? 
driving down Pratt street the windows really do let that end of the stand down, would be good to get those freshened up. 

36 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Random question.  Was talking to somebody about Club1883 and the stuff you get if you signed up, showing them the hat, scarf and that.  They were looking at it on Fanbase and mentioned the signed poster.  I’d totally forgot about that, take it that never happened or did it and I missed it somehow?

I forgot about that, also weren't we meant to get discount in the club shop as well? 

Haven't seen either. 

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone got any knowledge on whether they’re doing anything with the ‘window’ end of the main stand? 
driving down Pratt street the windows really do let that end of the stand down, would be good to get those freshened up. 

I don't know what they'll do with that the glass looks original or at the least quite old. 

I’m sure they wouldn’t go to all the bother and expense of cladding/modernising it just to leave the broken windows. Whether it all happens at the same time is another guess.

With the shop discount, it’s not available on replica kit, just the general clothing, hats, scarves etc

28 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I don't know what they'll do with that the glass looks original or at the least quite old. 

Definitely not original and highly doubt it's glass these days, health and safety would have a field day if a misplaced volley splintered glass over a few dozen hapless punters.

Edit - spulling

Edited by keyser_soze

Another main stand improvement would be to modify/remove the big advertising boards that currently obscure the view of the corner of the pitch.

I also think having some a mural/graffiti along the brickwork along pratt street would improve the ascetics as it looks tired. Something similar to what Partick have. Probably difficult given its on a road though I guess.

On the subject of season tickets, I’ve been a season ticket holder for a number of years at Starks, but recently with our more professional approach to things, staff on the turnstiles have been getting more  strict about which stand I sit in. 

My boy wants to sit in the South Stand with the “ultras” and the cool kids, so I had a seat there. However, I want to split my time between the South Stand with him and the Main Stand with the rest of my auld decrepit pals, when he’s not attending.

I managed to get a transfer ticket at the office a couple of times towards the end of the season, but this didn’t seem to be the norm and was embarrassing for me as I felt I was begging/hassling them for a ticket for the Main Stand and it seemed like this situation was strange for them too.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what’s the solution?

At the moment I’m sacking the season ticket and just paying as I go, so I can pick the Stand I want on a game by game basis, but I don’t really like that as the club miss out on cash up front, and I usually only make about half to two thirds of games.

43 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I also think having some a mural/graffiti along the brickwork along pratt street would improve the ascetics as it looks tired. Something similar to what Partick have. Probably difficult given its on a road though I guess.

Have it on the walls inside the South Stand

1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Another main stand improvement would be to modify/remove the big advertising boards that currently obscure the view of the corner of the pitch.

Here here. Was in hospitality a couple of times and it is a joke.

While we are on the subject of Stadium improvements, how about large murals on the inside of home stand, similar to what Bournemouth have

IMG_1058.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

On the subject of season tickets, I’ve been a season ticket holder for a number of years at Starks, but recently with our more professional approach to things, staff on the turnstiles have been getting more  strict about which stand I sit in. 

My boy wants to sit in the South Stand with the “ultras” and the cool kids, so I had a seat there. However, I want to split my time between the South Stand with him and the Main Stand with the rest of my auld decrepit pals, when he’s not attending.

I managed to get a transfer ticket at the office a couple of times towards the end of the season, but this didn’t seem to be the norm and was embarrassing for me as I felt I was begging/hassling them for a ticket for the Main Stand and it seemed like this situation was strange for them too.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what’s the solution?

At the moment I’m sacking the season ticket and just paying as I go, so I can pick the Stand I want on a game by game basis, but I don’t really like that as the club miss out on cash up front, and I usually only make about half to two thirds of games.

Aye, I done that a few times two seasons ago and never seemed to be a bother.

My season ticket is for behind the goals, but on the odd occasion I end up going myself then I often fancy a change and head to the main stand. 

Only tried it twice last season, first time they didn’t seem keen but just let me through and second time they asked me to head to the office so just left it. 

Can’t really think what the purpose for it is, but might have a good reason. 

23 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Here here. Was in hospitality a couple of times and it is a joke.

While we are on the subject of Stadium improvements, how about large murals on the inside of home stand, similar to what Bournemouth have

IMG_1058.jpeg

While it would be good, there's alot more around starks that can be done with the probably large amount of money that would cost. 

Just now, SerieA said:

Re Club1883 how does it take to get the welcome gift?

I believe they said after two months worth of payments have been taken… I’m still waiting on mine though and I’ve made 4 now. 

42 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, I done that a few times two seasons ago and never seemed to be a bother.

My season ticket is for behind the goals, but on the odd occasion I end up going myself then I often fancy a change and head to the main stand. 

Only tried it twice last season, first time they didn’t seem keen but just let me through and second time they asked me to head to the office so just left it. 

Can’t really think what the purpose for it is, but might have a good reason. 

Glad to hear it’s not just me, and that even a well know face of Scottish football gets asked to go to the office.

I get it if it’s a busy game, but Rovers v Queens Park is unlikely to be a sellout.