The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Talking of club 1883...

Do you still get the welcome pack after your second payment has been taken? 

If so, how long after said second payment? 

I would guess so. I joined from the get go so we got our packs a good few months into proceedings. Are you getting the emails woth programmes? I didn't and had to chase it up but the communication was decent throughout. 

Still waiting on my exclusive signed poster though. 

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nope, effectively no restrictions on international temporary transfers, Annex 1, Rule 60. They are exempt from all the restrictions on dates and numbers.

From taking a look at the list of transfers to Scottish clubs over the past few windows, I don't think that's right. I mean, you're quoting an apparent rule, but I can't see a loan transfer from outside of Scotland to a Scottish club after the international windows close at the end of August or the end of January. I can't find any trace of the supposed loans from English & Irish clubs to Elgin City outside of the full window which were mentioned previously.

There are plenty of loans still happening between Scottish clubs in September or February, with the occasional instances of players moving to Scotland from random places in the world as free agents - but I can't see any non-domestic loans outside the main transfer window period.

I could be wrong, or Wikipedia's list of Scottish football transfers could be wrong... but I'm sure this has been a thing for years and I don't remember seeing anything about it changing.

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I would guess so. I joined from the get go so we got our packs a good few months into proceedings. Are you getting the emails woth programmes? I didn't and had to chase it up but the communication was decent throughout. 

Still waiting on my exclusive signed poster though. 

I get them, aye. 

I joined at the end of June as I wanted to see if the venture was run properly after being burnt by hair-brained schemes in the past. 

52 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

This is the exact type of nonsense that started the Stanton pish. Let’s not screenshot it and then share it  as it will give the guy exactly what he wants and get a bite out of people.

it’s also damaging to Murray as well and stuff like that shouldn’t be screenshoted and spread about. Let the guy post crap on FB but don’t spread it on here, there’s enough rubbish on here to deal with already. 

The guy that posted it is a Walter Mitty.  Claiming to be ex Para Regt but no one I know (12 ex Para Regt veterans) knows who he is. He's a bullshitter of the highest order.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I get them, aye. 

I joined at the end of June as I wanted to see if the venture was run properly after being burnt by hair-brained schemes in the past. 

In fairness we have had consistent updates through the year and you can see tangible things like gym equipment, offices etc. The Q&A happened although I couldn't attend. (Will there be another 1?) I would say some of the stuff hasn't materialised like aforementioned poster, club shop promotions and to date I think there's been 1 monthly competition. 

However on the whole reasonably happy with it. 

25 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You do realise where the word “soccer” comes from, right?

Add to that the conceit that U.S. experience is still akin to teaching wee laddies at school…things change.

Your point is ?

I await USA having its own world series of soccer with only them competing in it, for all I know they probably already have it

Woman's soccer is bigger than men's soccer...... I rest my case

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Your point is ?

I await USA having its own world series of soccer with only them competing in it, for all I know they probably already have it

Tell us you know nothing about world football without telling us you know nothing about world football...

56 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nope, effectively no restrictions on international temporary transfers, Annex 1, Rule 60. They are exempt from all the restrictions on dates and numbers.

I've looked at the rule you've referenced and that appears to be in reference to limits ie. there's no limit on the amount of players you can have from the same club/division on international loans rather than dates. 

The rules aren't obvious but I'm fairly certain that all non-domestic players have to be registered within the FIFA registered transfer windows which in Scotland are end of August and January. As referenced above by @Nightmare, I can't recall any examples of non-domestic loans in September or February which would back this point.

57 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

From taking a look at the list of transfers to Scottish clubs over the past few windows, I don't think that's right. I mean, you're quoting an apparent rule, but I can't see a loan transfer from outside of Scotland to a Scottish club after the international windows close at the end of August or the end of January. I can't find any trace of the supposed loans from English & Irish clubs to Elgin City outside of the full window which were mentioned previously.

There are plenty of loans still happening between Scottish clubs in September or February, with the occasional instances of players moving to Scotland from random places in the world as free agents - but I can't see any non-domestic loans outside the main transfer window period.

I could be wrong, or Wikipedia's list of Scottish football transfers could be wrong... but I'm sure this has been a thing for years and I don't remember seeing anything about it changing.

Page 138, https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/MASTER - Rules and Regulations (CLEAN - 2 AUGUST 2024).pdf

Now, while it would be exceedingly rare,  it is permissible. The rule has been this way for years, the primary impact has always been that a team may have any number of international loans, unrestricted by the normal regulations.

*See note below, I am forced to concede to the logic.

Edited by TxRover

22 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Your point is ?

Soccer is a shortened form of “Association Football”, which was commonly called “Assoccer”, and became “Soccer”. The origin is English, so suggesting use of soccer is bush league seems a bit off.

As for your view down your nose on U.S. football/soccer, you’re kinda outta date, mate.

23 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

I've looked at the rule you've referenced and that appears to be in reference to limits ie. there's no limit on the amount of players you can have from the same club/division on international loans rather than dates. 

The rules aren't obvious but I'm fairly certain that all non-domestic players have to be registered within the FIFA registered transfer windows which in Scotland are end of August and January. As referenced above by @Nightmare, I can't recall any examples of non-domestic loans in September or February which would back this point.

That’s a more esoteric issue of the exact phrasing and the FIFA regs. I know a transfer out to a league with an open window is always permissible even when your window is closed. I know a free agent, which is FIFA defined, is always able to move in or out of a window. The rule clearly permits a team to field 11 loanees from Goole Town AFC, for instance, but you may be correct that a careful parsing of the rule would only allow a loanee in during the Scottish window. I have, however, given up on the SPFL offering anything concrete on anything that the OF could use to their advantage.

I’m hesitant to suggest that international loans outwith the Scottish Premiership could not occur in the “extended window” that the SPFL seems to love so much without properly describing beyond a sentence here and there.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Soccer is a shortened form of “Association Football”, which was commonly called “Assoccer”, and became “Soccer”. The origin is English, so suggesting use of soccer is bush league seems a bit off.

As for your view down your nose on U.S. football/soccer, you’re kinda outta date, mate.

Still very much Mickey mouse countries call it soccer

Where old footballers go for pieces of silver/gold to bow out. 

Are you telling me woman's soccer isn't bigger than mens ?

Soccer will never take off in the countries that use that term, mainly because it's way down the pecking order in popularity with other sports. 

Though I still like to think it's because they call it soccer firmly with my fishing rod in hand

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Page 138, https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/MASTER - Rules and Regulations (CLEAN - 2 AUGUST 2024).pdf

Now, while it would be exceedingly rare,  it is permissible. The rule has been this way for years, the primary impact has always been that a team may have any number of international loans, unrestricted by the normal regulations.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s a more esoteric issue of the exact phrasing and the FIFA regs. I know a transfer out to a league with an open window is always permissible even when your window is closed. I know a free agent, which is FIFA defined, is always able to move in or out of a window. The rule clearly permits a team to field 11 loanees from Goole Town AFC, for instance, but you may be correct that a careful parsing of the rule would only allow a loanee in during the Scottish window. I have, however, given up on the SPFL offering anything concrete on anything that the OF could use to their advantage.

I’m hesitant to suggest that international loans outwith the Scottish Premiership could not occur in the “extended window” that the SPFL seems to love so much without properly describing beyond a sentence here and there.

Using excruciatingly minute detail from the rulebook that you’ve subsequently criticised twice in your next post.

Ok then.

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So why do Americans call Throw&Catch Football ?. I always thought they called Football soccer because they’re as thick as a tub of spunk, and Footballers wear long socks. Why they call Throw&Catch football I’ll never know. 

My bad on the Elgin transfer debacle. I apologise for any confusion I may have caused.

I totally misread the post I was looking at. The player's had so many loan spells and tranfers that my head was all over the place.

You might see how I got confused

https://community.sports-interactive.com/bugtracker/previous-versions/football-manager-2022-bugs-forum/league-specific-issues/scotland-official-league-specific-issues/loan-rules-in-scotland-r6058/

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Enlightening to see you prefer to watch blokes running about versus women.

Hahaha I get it, you mean he's gay right? I enjoy making gay jokes about people on here as well, when I'm not calling them paedos of course.

It's a lot easier than actually refuting arguments.