The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, F.T.I.D said:

Does anyone know if the estuary bar is still open? Been trying to call all week to book our bus in for Saturday but had no luck with anyone answering 

or can anyone recommend a bar close by the away end we can book our bus into ?

The Estuary probably isn't the best Pub to go to if you're a Falkirk fan just saying don't think you will get a warm welcome  

Edited by Rover1883

49 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The digital programme is really good. 

Podcasts have never been something I've gotten into but I liked the wee bit by the ONNN guys and will give it a bash as a result. 

It was Blair's work this week with the programme! Hopefully you enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, Rover1883 said:

The Estuary probably isn't the best Pub to go to if you're a Falkirk fan just saying don't think you will get a warm welcome  

Best to message them on Facebook, away fans are generally made welcome if you're not a dick and start fights to put it bluntly! Seen away fans in there before and it's not been an issue.

Edited by liam_barnett

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

The Estuary is still open. Saw people in it after the Hamilton game. Its the kind of pub that probably doesnt have a landline.

Why do you want to go there when Raiths young team go there, not a great mix, plus it's a shit hole.

4 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not disagreeing but he's not a stick on starter. If we play to his strengths he's definitely an asset but his overall play since he signed doesn't make him a name that is first on a team sheet. We need another up top to provide real competition and provide a goal threat.

Don’t disagree we need another option up there as well but at the moment if fit he is a stick on imo

9 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

here is our latest extended interview. It’s also available in podcast form too if you read the replies.

A great interview from Davey and Ross, i thoroughly enjoyed that. We kinda take for granted a bit that generation of young players who came through our own youth system and made a big impact - Vaughan, Matthews, Callachan, Bates , etc.

Truly one of our own and comes across as top bloke..

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Don’t disagree, but doesn’t demand “just someone” in.

No, I agree we've already rolled that dice with Jamieson, but the future isnt necessarily rosy unless the club pull something out their arse.

Edited by renton

13 hours ago, F.T.I.D said:

Does anyone know if the estuary bar is still open? Been trying to call all week to book our bus in for Saturday but had no luck with anyone answering 

or can anyone recommend a bar close by the away end we can book our bus into ?

Go to O’Connells. The Estuary is a dive. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

No, I agree we've already rolled that dice with Jamieson, but the future isnt necessarily rosy unless the club pull something out their arse.

I agree that we need another body in up front, mostly to cover the injury to Vaughan and due to the injury history of Hamilton. I'm hopeful that Collins' evolution of the playing style can also get more out of who we have available to us. Collins seems to like what he sees with Jamieson, maybe he can find the best way to get him to be productive.  Jamieson has the attributes, apart from perhaps height and strength, but at 22 is still a work in progress. Its not time to pin our hopes on him, but also not time to write him off. 

9 hours ago, R12ATH said:

A great interview from Davey and Ross, i thoroughly enjoyed that. We kinda take for granted a bit that generation of young players who came through our own youth system and made a big impact - Vaughan, Matthews, Callachan, Bates , etc.

Truly one of our own and comes across as top bloke..

Ross Mathews is top quality, got a sense of him being really proud of his Rovers career. Dawned on me we haven't actually heard from him in any detail. Glad this was picked up. 

Hope his testimonial is well attended. 

The Vaughan issue may be a bigger issue than just repairing his hamstring. Apparently when surgeons repair an ACL they take from the hamstring. He may need surgery but may not be as straight forward as someone who's never had an ACL injury or 4.