The New Raith Rovers Thread

You have left out Tam Graham who I personally think is overall a better striker than Lee Bryce.

Not as quick mind you but can hold on to the ball better and use it better.

Graham is younger by a couple of years. He won't be in the first team this year.

I still don't buy this popular legend that Ellis can't play left back.

he can but he doesnt have the pace or the crossing ability to get forward/back in the same vain as Wilson and looked very uncomfortable on tuesday night.

His best position is centre half and im hoping he will be playing there most this season

I still don't buy this popular legend that Ellis can't play left back.

He has his moments, but he often stands off his man a bit too much for me, and his positioning at times can be pretty horrific, particularly when the ball is on the other wing and we're expecting a cross. He was banging into Grant Murray at times on Tuesday, with the right winger wide open at the back post.

He was solid last season, had some good games, some bad ones. He's a much better centre half than left back, for me, and I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with him being the first choice left back. But it's looking like that's exactly what he'll be to me.

Edit: How can I make a post about Ellis at left back and not mention his distribution? It's awful! But then, he is a centre half as opposed to a left back.

Edited by Paco

He's a defensive rather than an attacking left-back, yeah. But he's a better defender than Pelosi.

Slightly surprised to see Murray given a two year contract at the age of 33, btw, after what happened with Andy Tod and McGlynn's recent comments about age. But fair enough.

Guest Dunc?

Not really. Not for a centre back. He looks fit enough, and its not like he'll have to be bombing up and down the wing or anything.

35 isn't that old for a defender.

Heard a couple of months back that Raith were interested in Dougie but a little surprised he has signed. He had his moments for us last season and is potentially a decent defender but somewhat prone to daft mistakes and giving away penalties. I dont think he would have been a first choice pick at centre half had he stayed with us. Always gave his all though even when played out of position at left back or for a game or two at midfield, and I hope he does well in Division 1.