The New Raith Rovers Thread

Bollocks.

I know Donny, he would....

Heard a couple of months back that Raith were interested in Dougie but a little surprised he has signed. He had his moments for us last season and is potentially a decent defender but somewhat prone to daft mistakes and giving away penalties. I dont think he would have been a first choice pick at centre half had he stayed with us. Always gave his all though even when played out of position at left back or for a game or two at midfield, and I hope he does well in Division 1.

To be fair, if the whole defence is poor it tends to bring everyone down, rather than one decent player bringing the level up, all due repsect to Alloa of course (for a poor defence they were adept at denying us often enough), an example would be Todd Lumsden, who looked like tow different players having been paired with first Calamity Chris Mcleod, and then Mark Campbell....

Bollocks.

Sorry, I was unaware that I had to run my opinions past you first, where were my posts saying Marv had to stay on?

That's right they don't exist so maybe I was glad Marv didn't sign on for us for a 2 year contract

Edited by donny86

To be fair, if the whole defence is poor it tends to bring everyone down, rather than one decent player bringing the level up, all due repsect to Alloa of course (for a poor defence they were adept at denying us often enough), an example would be Todd Lumsden, who looked like tow different players having been paired with first Calamity Chris Mcleod, and then Mark Campbell....

A fair point. Id say our defence last season actually had a few decent young defenders in it but lacked an experienced head to organise them. Quite hopeful that this season with Scott Walker paired with Buist/Townsley it will be much better and perhaps Hill will get a similar benefit from more experienced players at Raith. As I said Im not convinced he is up to the step up but good luck to him. The Cowden fans love Hill (although I reckon they are prone to overating players) so perhaps the Fife air agrees with him.

Guest phil7

Well I have just heard there that we are after a good and proven striker but haven't been given a name for obvious reasons. This came from one of the directors. We also tried to get Pat Clarke but obviously couldn't match the money that dundee were offering!

If a find out any more info before you guys a will try and post it on here :) .

Edited by phil7

Hill is youngish yet for a defender and has the makings of a good player. If the budget was only stretching to a part-timer then he's probably as good as we could have got as back-up.

Proven striker - Simon Lynch? If the figure bandied about for what he was on at Airdrie last year are right then I thought he was out of our price range, but he's on trial at Livi which suggests he might be getting more desperate than we realised.

Well I have just heard there that we are after a good and proven striker but haven't been given a name for obvious reasons. This came from one of the directors. We also tried to get Pat Clarke but obviously couldn't match the money that dundee were offering!

If a find out any more info before you guys a will try and post it on here :) .

It's Kris Boyd, he asked me if there is an orange lodge in Kirkcaldy, when I bumped into him in Tesco's in Ayr last week.

Tade way out of his depth today apparently. Maybe he just has to settle as a winger.

I disagree on what I've seen of him. So far, he's completely faded out of the game when put on the wing. Similarly, Williamson has done nothing when put up front. He seems to be having a bit of success on the wing so far. I hope it continues into the season.

Two-year deal for Tade. Hope he finds some form soon <_<

I'm not berating anyone. I said apparently not "I think". I haven't even seen the team yet as I'm away.

I simply used you as a quote cause you were the first I saw who had a wee dig at him. At least Tadé is getting into the positions to score goals, Weir isn't even doing that.

Guest Dunc?
Why aren't folk like you berating Graeme Weir? He hasn't scored any goals yet.

I was thinking that the other day.

I don't think Graham Weir has had so much as a shot at goal in the two home friendlies :eek:

To be honest, I think Weir has been largely ineffective so far too. He'll escape the flack because he works hard though.

He's also likely to escape it a bit because no-one really expects him to score anyway.