The New Raith Rovers Thread

That was bizarre!

Game abandoned a minute into the second half. Floodlight failure forced the players off the pitch, and there was a wait of ten minutes or so before the lights eventually managed to come back on. However, during that ten minutes, thunder and lightning and torrential rain meant the pitch was now flooding a little, and the ref called the game off.

Bit of a pity, but there we go. Felt we looked OK during the first half, which we 'won' with Williamson calmy controlling and finishing after a good cut back from Tade. Unfortunately, Tade hobbled off shortly before half time and was seen on crutches... uh oh. A decent half of football, that Zemmama looked some player for Hibs and I point blank refuse to accept that Jonathon Johansson ever played European or international football.

Main concern after that is Tade. A good 'result' though, and a tidy enough performance.

Edited by Paco

Match abandoned after about 50 mins, torrential rain and thunder lightning. Temporary flood faiulure also. Rovers were leading 1-0 through Williamson.

What sort of team did Hibs bring? Was it full strength or a mixture of first team and youth?

I think we managed to cope pretty well with Hibs today, which is encouraging. A nice wee move for the goal as well. I really hope Williamson can carry this goalscoring form into the season.

Individually, I was pretty impressed with Grant Murray today. Done a good job of nullifying the hibs attack and made a few good challenges. Graeme Weir played better today too, held the ball up pretty well at times.

Tade was on crutches at half time, I hope that was only precautionary. We really don't want to be going into the season with injuries, particularly in a department where we ware already short.

What about the fucking minks who waded through the water at the bottom of Pratt Street. It had fucking sewage in it, and if it didn't, it smelled like it did.

:lol::lol:

We were saying that as we left, luckily I park in the new car park near stocks :)

Thought we played well ,with only Zemmama a stand out but there will be no players of his class next season, mostly first teamers out for hibs and I think the team we had out will be our starting line up minus the loan striker. Really looking forward to this season.

Guest Dunc?
What about the fucking minks who waded through the water at the bottom of Pratt Street. It had fucking sewage in it, and if it didn't, it smelled like it did.

:lol: Aye, f**k walking through it. Real men go sidestepping along the fence...

Was impressed with that half of football, thought we played some nice stuff at times. Thought Grant Murray was superb, very vocal, organising the defence well and put in plenty of good tackles. A nicely worked move for the goal which was calmly finished by Williamson. Tade has his critics but I thought he did well today, hopefully the injury isn't too bad and the crutches were just precautionary.

Guest Dunc?

I thought Tadé did brilliantly for the goal, he was just too quick for the Hibs defenders, who ran into each other trying to stop him.

I didn'y even notice Johansson okaying. What position?

Their lone striker, the big galoot of a number nine who couldn't get a sniff from Campbell and Murray. Except from his offside goal, obviously, but he did look miles off to me.

Civilised folks like myself walked around past starks bar in the direction of the High street and went over the bridge a little further along. Also, Big Shaun Dennis was wading through the water! :lol:

Decent performance. Missed the goal unfortunately but we played well with Williamson and Tade having a good game. Hopefully we can repeat the performance over the course of 90 minutes/ the season!

How fun was that :D Matched Hibs all over the park in the first half and score a well worked goal, fairly entertaining game of football. Then the teams came out for the second half to torrential rain and lightning, play for a few minutes and then...

Photo252.jpg

Darkness :lol:

Then the rain really starting coming down, it got to the point where you couldn't even see the other stand and the water was starting to leak through the roof. I wouldn't say it was the heaviest rain I've ever seen but it wasn't far off. Then you add the lightning and worryingly loud thunder into the equation, I think we all knew the players wouldn't be reappearing.

The floodlights were slowly coming on one light at a time and the rain was starting to ease off when it was announced that the ref had called it off, but there's no doubt the pitch would have been unplayable.

Good fun though :D

How fun was that :D Matched Hibs all over the park in the first half and score a well worked goal, fairly entertaining game of football. Then the teams came out for the second half to torrential rain and lightning, play for a few minutes and then...

Photo252.jpg

Darkness :lol:

Then the rain really starting coming down, it got to the point where you couldn't even see the other stand and the water was starting to leak through the roof. I wouldn't say it was the heaviest rain I've ever seen but it wasn't far off. Then you add the lightning and worryingly loud thunder into the equation, I think we all knew the players wouldn't be reappearing.

The floodlights were slowly coming on one light at a time and the rain was starting to ease off when it was announced that the ref had called it off, but there's no doubt the pitch would have been unplayable.

Good fun though :D

Ma Kalambay is a giant buffon!!!