The New Raith Rovers Thread

I burst out laughing at that treble save against Ayr. It's just outrageous.

You can't do anything but laugh! There's an Ayr fan down the bottom right who holds his hands up as if to celebrate when Dave the Witch makes the 3rd save. He puts his hands down and looks towards his seat despondently and I can almost guarantee he said an exasperated, "f**k sake!".

Can't stress enough what a brilliant 'keeper we have in McGurn. :)

The triple save against Ayr is still the best piece of goalkeeping I've ever seen in the flesh. Probably the best I've ever seen anywhere.

The distance he has to cover to get to the 2nd one is obscene, but to then save the third whilst lying down is beyond belief. I'm laughing about it just typing, he shouldn't be making saves like that.

All right i`ve been around a while, through the glory and not so glory years, the Ayr save was the greatest i have ever seen at san starko

The ayr man thinks the third attempt had goal written all over it, He`s away celebrating when he realises that its been saved by the WITCH and he tries to appeal that it was over the line. Priceless save this would have probably meant defeat, and our season might have had a different outcome. Remember Simmonds last minute equaliser.

Would not swap him for ANYONE could not give a shit what the rest think.

i honestly wouldnt of been shocked if he had took a goal kick and scored in that game the save was out outrageous

on the note of Williamson it will be a real slap in the face for Smith if he starts using Williamson on the left, Smith has far more to offer in that position and dont see the point in playing players out of position just to get them in the team! and breathe

I think we'll finish 8th. I'd like to see us improve on last season and make it up to 6th or maybe even 5th at a push, but I'm not confident right now. If we see a couple of decent strikers and a left winger coming in, I'll revise this. However, my big fear is that McGlynn is again going to rely on loan strikers.

My big fear is losing McGlynn himself.

Anyone on here make the Q&A tonight?

According to Fantalk, the signing of McNeil was confirmed, season tickets will be the same price with a £25 discount if you buy between June 1 and 30, pay at the gate prices are the same, the home shirt is blue with red, the away shirt is white, and we'll play Montrose away on the 10th July, Forfar away on the 13th, and Berwick away on the 17th with a further two friendlies to be announced, with the reason behind the away games being it gives the pitch an extra few weeks to get ready for the season.

I can hardly believe it. Fantalk was informative.

Edited by Paco

According to Fantalk, the signing of McNeil was confirmed, season tickets will be the same price with a £25 discount if you buy between June 1 and 30, pay at the gate prices are the same, the home shirt is blue with red, the away shirt is white, and we'll play Montrose away on the 10th July, Forfar away on the 13th, and Berwick away on the 17th with a further two friendlies to be announced, with the reason behind the away games being it gives the pitch an extra few weeks to get ready for the season.

Well that all seems great.

Something must be wrong, somewhere.

Not too disappointed with any of that as long as the other two friendlies are at home with at least one against a decent team. I had to laugh at Quinny moaning that all of the friendlies are in Scotland.......geography not your strong popint big fella tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I can hardly believe it. Fantalk was

informative.

Good news two new grounds to cross of the list before the season starts.

Montrose away on the 10th July

Would have liked to have travelled to that game but it's on the same weekend as T in the Park. :(

Rest of the news not that surprising but who would everyone take a guess at the former striker being?

Would have liked to have travelled to that game but it's on the same weekend as T in the Park. :(

Rest of the news not that surprising but who would everyone take a guess at the former striker being?

Mole I would have thought.

McGlynn also ruled out Kenny Duchar, and mentioned we're in the hunt for 2 strikers, possibly 3, where he hinted if someone who had played with us was released by his club, may be back again. Not much guess work needed to know who that is. That's in addition to McNeil and a defender which seem to be done deals. McGlynn also doesn't rule out loan players again next season, but only if injuries dictate.

I asked about stadium ownership and whether it was conceivable we could own our staduim at any time in the future. Apparently someone has already offered Sim his £400,000, which was refused, and is rumoured to be looking for close to a million. He also seems to be making some ludacrious demands on the maintanance of the stadium, where you would think with him being the landlord would lie at his door. He does not have any ongoing contact with the club.

Thanks for the update.Did McGlynn say why he had ruled out Deuchar,was it finance?

All in all a good evening, but I would say poorly attended. it was a great chance for fans to ask whatever they wanted and not many took them up on it.

With respect,giving one days notice doesn`t help.Sometimes think this is deliberate ploy so few fans turn up and ask some searching questions

I asked about stadium ownership and whether it was conceivable we could own our staduim at any time in the future. Apparently someone has already offered Sim his £400,000, which was refused, and is rumoured to be looking for close to a million. He also seems to be making some ludacrious demands on the maintanance of the stadium, where you would think with him being the landlord would lie at his door. He does not have any ongoing contact with the club.

This worries me but at the same time dosen't really surprise me.

My link

Did he ever come out with a statement after the events in the link above?

Ah, could be. It's probably not Wallace. I didn't realise it said "if he was released...", I thought he was talking about someone who'd already been freed.

The more I think about it the more I think it's likely to be Smith as I'm not sure if McGlynn really rates him all that much.

Smith isn't going to get a game for United anytime soon so maybe they will release him to join us.

I think Deuchar was more to do with the fact he wasn't on his radar, think he said "it's news to me".

That does suprrise me if he isn`t on his radar and even more so thats hes unaware of his possibly availability.Deuchar for me is exactly the type of player we could do with

He mentioned the players he is looking to bring in are players that he's liked the look of for a couple of years, and are in the right age bracket and have the right attitude for the Rovers.

Did he give names?

I

This worries me but at the same time dosen't really surprise me.

My link

Did he ever come out with a statement after the events in the link above?

It worries me also.Our debt on the stadium is over 600k so its not surprising Sim turned down 400k

Mole I would have thought.

Hmmm, would rather avoid him as I didn't think he was up to much during his loan spell. Same with Wallace.

Would love it to be Smith as he slotted in well mid-season and obviously enjoys it at Raith. Think this one is most likely going by the 'if released' comment.