The New Raith Rovers Thread

I see Sloan has scored a few for the Fife though this season. A free kick and a low curling shot against Dumbarton from what I can remember from the SFL Highlights.

But this thread is about the mighty Raith Rovers, so piss off. :P

Edited by Wardy

At least we'll get to see if it's Paul Smith or McGlynn himself who orders stupid substitutions.

Also, how silly must have McGlynn have been to get himself so worked up at a penalty in a reserve fixture?! I don't know what happened, but it was most likely needless by McGlynn.

I'm sure this is why Derek Adams got his lengthy touchline ban last season.

It's a stupid rule, but one which McGlynn should have been aware of. He's only really got himself to blame.

Our club wouldn't be where it is just now if McGlynn was blasé about certain elements of it.

I'd rather full commitment from top to bottom than a manager with an "Oh well!" attitude.

Whilst I agree with the first part, you have to acknowledge that a touchline ban is harmful to ourselves. I could accept it if it were a first team fixture, but something which impacts negatively upon the team and which was perfectly avoidable, is something which is more than a wee bit silly in my view.

It was a reserve match, and any such display of anger/dissent which warranted being sent to the stand isn't necessary. In the grand scheme of things, that match counted for very little; it was more or less to keep our players fresh over the international break. To be sent to the stand and facing a touchline ban for that is particularly displeasing.

To be sent to the stand and facing a touchline ban for that is particularly displeasing.

Perversely, I find it extremely pleasing.

We are no longer under the control of people who couldn't give two hoots and would just stand there completely lifeless, hoping for the best rather than trying to dictate the best outcome.

• 2 weeks later...