The New Raith Rovers Thread

Discussing what would happen if McGlynn goes is pretty much us covering the 'worst case' option. It's something we hope won't happen, yet is something worthy of mentioning.

FWIW, I think McGlynn would be an excellent appointment at Aberdeen. I assume Aberdeen don't have much money, and when you look at his achievements in 4 years here with no money, it's clear he's capable of getting the best out of what he was to work with. He turned a struggling team around, and I believe he'd be able to replicate that with the sheep.

Actually, scratch that; he'd be fucking shit, and he's a smelly Jambo to boot. Leave him to relegate the over-achieving Raith, booooooooo.

I don't think he is in with a shout tbh, well not if it's anything to do with local Aberdeen fans.

Agree

I think McGlynn would be an excellent appointment at Aberdeen. I assume Aberdeen don't have much money, and when you look at his achievements in 4 years here with no money, it's clear he's capable of getting the best out of what he was to work with. He turned a struggling team around, and I believe he'd be able to replicate that with the sheep.

He turned a struggling team around in a lower division.

Aberdeen are a struggling team, a poor squad of players and no money.If McGlynn went there he would be told to pish with the cock hes got

What a great board Aberdeen have, holding ballots to decide who their next manager should be!

Any chairman with even a small amount of sense must see McGlynn as a credible candidate.

Aberdeen don't have a board - they have a chairman who is more interested in making money than anything else. That is part of the reason why they are in such a mess.

How ironic would it be if McGlynn went to the Dons, they get relegated, and the Rovers get promotion? This isn't that far-fetched. The Rovers are as good as any of the other teams I've seen.

The Rovers board should try and get McGlynn to sign a longer contract and make it worth his while to stay where he is.

Aberdeen don't have a board - they have a chairman who is more interested in making money than anything else. That is part of the

reason why they are in such a mess.

How ironic would it be if McGlynn went to the Dons, they get relegated, and the Rovers get promotion? This

isn't that far-fetched. The Rovers are as good as any of the other teams I've seen.

The Rovers board should try and get McGlynn to sign a longer contract

and make it worth his while to stay where he is.

I agree about him getting a longer contract, when he does go we will hopefully get a bit of compo for him.

Wouldn't grudge John a chance at a club who, if doing well, should be the third force in Scotland, but I'd be gutted if he did go.

Their fans well and truly have their heads up their arses going by that link above. You'd think Aberdeen had done something relevant in the last ten years, but their best achievement is reaching a Scottish Cup semi. Can't think who else has done that...

I heard that they were also beating Bayern Munich at one point...

What a great board Aberdeen have, holding ballots to decide who their next manager should be!

Any chairman with even a small amount of sense must see McGlynn as a credible candidate.

I'm not to sure in honesty, in the 1st division you can pretty much get through with large cases of grit and determination(which McGlynn is fantastic at) but to succeed in the spl you need a bit more tactical know-how, which I'm not to sure McGlynn has, for example Raith seem to struggle allot against teams who sit (Stirling at home and he put Mark Campbell upfront as his plan b?)

McGlynn is a good manager, but it would definitely be to his benefit if he stayed at Raith Rovers and kept improving, give it a few more years though...

I agree mcglynn has a bit to learn him and the rovers are a good partnership both are progressing together well and I would like to see him there for another couple of years because he is doing a great job of the pitch as well

I'm not to sure in honesty, in the 1st division you can pretty much get through with large cases of grit and determination(which McGlynn is fantastic at) but to succeed in the spl you need a bit more tactical know-how, which I'm not to sure McGlynn has, for example Raith seem to struggle allot against teams who sit (Stirling at home and he put Mark Campbell upfront as his plan b?)

McGlynn is a good manager, but it would definitely be to his benefit if he stayed at Raith Rovers and kept improving, give it a few more years though...

Didnt think I'd say this....spot on sir!

Yep when we are the underdog I feel fairly confident of getting a result under McGlynn but when it comes to games we should really win (Cowden, Stirling & Alloa for example) we just look clueless!!!

Also at times he really needs to make changes quicker when plan A isn't working. Also far too loyal to some players and I expect him to take Davidson, Simmons & Williamson to Aberdeen if he did get the job. :lol:

Just to let you all know you can make alternative arrangemenrs for Saturday as well as Wednesday night, the snow in Stirling is the worst it's been so the game will undoubtedly be off.

I suppose there's an outside chance we'll get the Falkirk game on if there's no more snow between now and next Tuesday.

Just to let you all know you can make alternative arrangemenrs for Saturday as well as Wednesday night, the snow in Stirling is the worst it's been so the game will undoubtedly be off.

I suppose there's an outside chance we'll get the Falkirk game on if there's no more snow between now and next Tuesday.

Boo! - I miss football.

Yep a plan B......do you guys know what that is ?......it was a poor one mind you...

Yep a plan B......do you guys know what that is ?......it was a poor one mind you...

Take yesterday for an example, Dunfermline take off there only natural striker left on the pitch (Kirk) and put on Cardle, two minutes later Cardle scores a vital goal to give 10 man Dunfermline the win, a really good inspired substitution.

I'm not entirely sure who Ronnie is but Cancer is a truly horrendous and awful diseases and one that I wouldn't want anyone to suffer,for it to come back a second time is awful. I hope he beats it and gets back to full health, really do.