The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hamill was never in the game realy but his set peices looked ok.

I take it Hamill was played wide left, even though most Livi fans have stated he only came on to a game when played through the middle.

Not bad. Looked decent if a bit unthreatening in the first half, but the second half showed us how much work needs to be done. I imagine that's the team McGlynn would like to start with come the season, but it depends on Donaldson being up to it at right-back, on which the jury is obviously out.

Graham looked good, Walker is back in his best position, McBride and Reynolds both did well to set Baird up for the goal.

A few thoughts;

Williamson was better than the last few times I've seen him. Even then he wasn't great and I still can't see him holding down the wide right position. Donaldson is good on the ball with composure, a nice touch and a willingness to get forward. Off the ball, he's not so great and his positioning was poor for both goals. Hammil was fairly quiet but looked decent and with match practive will no doubt improve - ditto Graham.

All in all, a reasonable run out that in three weeks time we would have won quite comfortably; good tempo, movement and passing. A disappointing result but if we get a RB we have nothing to be worried about. Or;

WE'RE DOOMED.

Edited by lzreid

I commented on that in my twitgter updates. My jaw about hit the floor.

:lol: all through the first half it was "what's this passing nonsense ? " eh....

Anyway onto Montrose today, looking forward to that one. Another nice wee drive down the coast.

:lol: all through the first half it was "what's this passing nonsense ? " eh....

Anyway onto Montrose today, looking forward to that one. Another nice wee drive down the coast.

Was that John McGlynn saying that? Hoofball is what the fans want, not this fucking football nonsense.

I'm going to head down on Tuesday to see us playing Morecambe and if there's too much of this passing nonsense I will go berserk. BERSERK!!!

I want to see the usual schoolboy examples of football, where all the players crowd over to one side of the pitch waiting for a hoof from the goalie, while hanging about in the same 10 metres of the pitch. Then they should play head tennis and hoof the ball in the air, broken up every three hoofs by a foul or throw-in. That is the way Scottish football should always be played. Caveman football...rrraaaaaaaa!!!