The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd rather take the financial hit in the short run, keep Baird til the end of the season and then let him go for nothing than sell him and inevitably be relegated. If Baird goes, I fear we've had it.

Even if we stay up, losing Baird's goals could even drop attendances by enough to negate the fee received. It's very difficult to say without seeing the figures involved (Baird's wages, too) but looking at it with the information we've got I'd be inclined to agree with you. I'd try to hold onto him and then see what the summer brings with regards to much greater options for replacing him.

Alright ladies, long time no see.

Apparently, we're back in for Baird, how's he been performing this seaon?

Dunfermline have far bigger worries than going for a striker, surely? Two new goalies, a new defence and two central midfielders at the bare minimum based on what I've seen.

However, he's been OK. Scored, what, 8 or 9 goals? Off the boil recently but the team are dreadful and it isn't his fault. Still tries exceptionally hard usually and could be the difference between relegation and survival for us. I expect him to leave this window though. :(

premature

It really would be all we need for this to end up falling through.

Hill is out for eight weeks; Brian Graham is out for around another six; Dyer is suspended for the Morton game.

Anyone's guess as to what team we will put out if the deal for these two falls through.Whilst we'd get Dyer back from then on, we would continue to find ourselves woefully short for the next month or so.

Graham and Hill wont be missed as far as I'm concerened. Dyer being out isnt so good tho. Its time to give other players a chance - they can hardly do much worse. Hill has been transformed into a donkey this season, for some unknown reason. Graham is a haddie. Walker too can be dumped for all the good he is, he's had enough chances.

Maybe they haven't performed as you would have hoped, but in terms of numbers we are sadly lacking.

Having less options is unhelpful, and we have seen the reluctance of McGlynn to use the younger players already. I don't think shunting players around to ensure they don't have to play is particularly helpful either.

Maybe they haven't performed as you would have hoped, but in terms of numbers we are sadly lacking.

Having less options is unhelpful, and we have seen the reluctance of McGlynn to use the younger players already. I don't think shunting players around to ensure they don't have to play is particularly helpful either.

In the grand scheme of things neither Hill or Dyer will be missed but as you say,number wise they will be

This was Mcglynns choice to go with the smaller full time squad.

Exactly and something he uses regularly as an excuse.

This what the youth system is for. This was Mcglynns choice to go with the smaller full time squad.

Yes, and he has next to no interest in using them to freshen up the team, which now more than ever needs an injection of energy and enthusiasm.