The New Raith Rovers Thread

Terrific news. From being thoroughly disinterested in the game I'm excited about it. It should put a few hundred on the home crowd. 433 with Baird playing behind Clark and Casa would be fantastic but I would imagine it'll be 442 with Baird and one of the others - I cant see McGlynn dropping Walker to make room for three strikers.

so hes only got say another 5/6 years or so? compared to the 12 or so hes already played?

Most keepers can play to a decent level to their late 30's. Its absurd to say that a 31 year old keeper is nearing the end of their career.

The Messi point is a moot one. You know exactly what I mean. Our strikers are not to blame for our current situation and bringing DC into the squad will not change that.

But good luck to him - I hope I'm wrong.

It's about options. Now we have height and strength up front to add to bairdy's hasseling and harrying style. Always a good combination at this level. Question is, if Bairdy goes we need someone like him to stop being that predictable high ball only team or we're back to square one.

Is Casa match fit? Has he been playing for anyone before signing for us? I have this horrible image of a hugely bloated guy wobbling about the park looking disinterested.

Luckily we're only playing Morton, so he'll probably be okay.

Edited by Scary Bear

Is Casa match fit? Has he been playing for anyone before signing for us? I have this horrible image of a hugely bloated guy wobbling about the park looking disinterested.

Luckily we're only playing Morton, so he'll probably be okay.

He's kept himself match fit in Argentina apparently.

I think McGlynn will use him from the bench anyway.

He's kept himself match fit in Argentina apparently.

I think McGlynn will use him from the bench anyway.

Hope he doesn't. Don't want us to lose the opportunity to get off to a flier against a suspect Morton keeper - and Stewart IS suspect ! Morton don't know about him and without Caffrey they struggle to tie down players like him so I say get him on, get ahead and, if he cant go the distance, hopefully he has made the kind of impact that will see the fans on their feet to applaud him off eh ?

Mon Ye Raith ! ;)

Most keepers can play to a decent level to their late 30's. Its absurd to say that a 31 year old keeper is nearing the end of their career.

The Messi point is a moot one. You know exactly what I mean. Our strikers are not to blame for our current situation and bringing DC into the squad will not change that.

But good luck to him - I hope I'm wrong.

yeah most keepers can play to there late 30s my point was that hes not just starting out and he will have to think long term rather than the next 4/5 years

Alan Walker was out of order today and should be finned and dropped after his behvour during and after the match, arguing with a fan at a corner then at the full time whistle walking the lenth of the park to find the same fan who had left by then so shout abuse at the crowed offering them a square go out side the stadium. to then get booed by the fans still there to see it. I have now lost all respect for that player.

apart from that good first half today unlcuky not to be more than 1 up at half time, sat to far back in 2nd half and unlucy at the end not to get the draw with baird hitting the post then rebound was offside again for the 3rd time in match.

if we keep 433 we should move up the table as long as casa is fit and baird is playing behind casa and clark. drop walker for his unprofestional behaviour and replace with davo.

full allan walker story for those of us not there please?

End of the game and Walker goes over to the bottom of the South stand to talk to a group on the railway side part of the stand. Don't know what was said, but can only assume someone has told him to get a grip, or f**k off or such, and he's gone over to try to get them telt. The problem is, he had a pretty terrible game so he didn't get much sympathy off anyone. Paul Smith had hurry him off.

Alan Walker was out of order today and should be finned and dropped after his behvour during and after the match, arguing with a fan at a corner then at the full time whistle walking the lenth of the park to find the same fan who had left by then so shout abuse at the crowed offering them a square go out side the stadium. to then get booed by the fans still there to see it. I have now lost all respect for that player.

Frankly the abuse he's been getting all season has been ridiculous, and he was singled out for more of it today. It would take someone with the patience of a saint not to eventually react.

Maybe some people need to take a good look at how they support the team over the 90 minutes. The lack of backing whenever any team scores against us (especially at Stark's) is a disgrace and more often than not this season the support has been silent from minute 1.

I see the fucking arsehole brigade is at it on FanTalk again. "Mcglynn MUST go" being the main theme I'm going at, rather than just in general. It really, really pisses me off that someone who has done so much for our club could potentially be hounded out by this lot.

Completely ridiculous. One of the potential replacements being touted was Jimmy fucking Calderwood.

I understand what your saying about McGlynn . But coaches do run their coarse at every club ( except Man U ) . A different coach may have different connections to other player John doesn't have . Maybe the players need a "different" voice . Great coaches get fired all the time , even if they have been fantastic in the past ( which John has) .

Tough decisions by the club may need to be made . Or patience and hope Rovers don't get relegated !!

DID not think walker played that bad today just missed placed a few passes near the end, thought willimson was the weak link today. I think is casa was more match fit and we stuck how we played in the 1st half we probably would of went on to win by a few as they could not cope and we created more chances the 1st 10 min as we did in our last 3 games put together. as for Mcglynn must go get a grip, lots of positives from today at least we never lost 3 points

I'm not against McGlynn or keen to see him go. But I have to say the team are very poorly coached. We cant take throw ins, defend corners, we've no one in the team we'd call a ball player and at times we cant even control or pass a ball - it really is that bad. Theres no fluidity in the team whatsoever.

If we can try to keep playing that 4-3-3 we'll pick up more points. Avoid the midfield battle by ensuring the ball never lands there. 8)

The problem is our midfield is fucking woeful. Not one of them has contributed enough this season and all of them lose possession more often than not. Hamill was the worst culprit today but it could've been any of them really. Get the ball up to our best three players outside of McGurn and hope they can create something amongst themselves, because they sure as hell aren't going to receive the service from anywhere else.

On Walker, I made a swift exit at the full-time whistle but I'd say there was no need to go back for more having had a spat at the corner ten minutes before. Pointless. Walker has indeed been rotten this season, no need on the fans part to tell him that, no need on Walker's part to react. Matter should've been closed after the corner was cleared.

Edited by Paco