The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wowee, he managed to keep Kilmarnock and Ross County up ahead of the rancid Falkirk and Cowden teams respectively. A remarkable success.

Dont know about Dunfermline, but you only need to look at the transfer budget he was given at Aberdeen. He also had a golden chance against an average Queen of the South team to reach a national final.

And yet a success, he came in and done the job that was asked off him. Cowdenbeath were not really rancid at all, they certainly made Raith sweat a couple of times from what I remember, if it wasn't for that winter period where there squad didn't train they might have survived, it could be argued all McGlynn has to do is keep you up over a rancid Ayr and Queens side...

And he also took Aberdeen to the knock out stages of the Europa league,drawing with Bayern Munich at Pittodrie before getting beat in Germany. Celtic couldn't manage to make it past the group stages, to try judge him in one game where Queens played out of there skins would be incredibly silly.

And yet a success, he came in and done the job that was asked off him. Cowdenbeath were not really rancid at all, they certainly made Raith sweat a couple of times from what I remember, if it wasn't for that winter period where there squad didn't train they might have survived, it could be argued all McGlynn has to do is keep you up over a rancid Ayr and Queens side...

And he also took Aberdeen to the knock out stages of the Europa league,drawing with Bayern Munich at Pittodrie before getting beat in Germany. Celtic couldn't manage to make it past the group stages, to try judge him in one game where Queens played out of there skins would be incredibly silly.

Being honest, Aberdeen shouldnt have ever sacked Calderwood. But thats a different job. He did a good job at Pittodrie, but he had the funds to do so.

Perhaps rancid is a bit strong, but I would certainly suggest that Calderwood did the absolute bare minimum that you would expect with Kille and County given the resources. Nothing remarkable anyway.

We dont have money. To appoint Calderwood would involve sacking our current manager, paying compensation, and then paying Calderwoods wages. All this for a manager who is unproven without a hefty transfer budget.

Plus, as Yoss said, the guy is a total and utter root.

Something to ponder. With the sheer amount of cash that County are flashing about, just how much cash did Calderwood ask for?

There was apparently more to the story. He was allegedly never complimentary about the club and wasn't popular within the corridors of power.

FWIW, 8 players left and 8 arrived this season so I imagine that he probably wanted a bit more cash than that. That's before we discuss his (probably) ludicrous wage demands.

Edited by yoda

He was allegedly never complimentary about the club and wasn't popular within the corridors of power.

Ross County - "Jimmy, why do you never compliment me?"

Jimmy Calderwood - "I just... I just feel that I could have done better. THERE! That's the truth. Let's face it, you're no Aberdeen, are you?"

Ross County - *Uncontrollable sobbing* "Get out, GET OUT! You spend all of my money and then tell me I'm worse than Aberdeen?! I HATE you! I'm going back to Derek Adams!"

Jimmy Calderwood - "I just... I just feel that I could have done better. THERE! That's the truth. Let's face it, you're no Aberdeen, are you?"

Ross County - *Uncontrollable sobbing* "Get out, GET OUT! You spend all of my money and then tell me I'm worse than Aberdeen?! I HATE you! I'm going back to Derek Adams!"

Brilliant!

Fantastic :lol:

I'm trying to see matches at grounds I've never visited before. So far this season I've been to Dunfermline, Montrose and Forfar for the first time.

We're away to St Mirren on the 25th of February and its an early kick off so I've decided to head down to Kirkcaldy to tick Stark's Park off the list of grounds. Just wondering what is the best stand to sit in as a neutral?

Edited by NorthernLights

For train and ship spotting, the North stand is rather good apparently. Outwith that, we have some cracking macaroni pies in the South Stand, and hopefully Rovers can keep up their creative streak they seem to have hit and make a few chances/goals and keep the natives peaceful. If not, expect a venomous atmosphere. Still, definitely worth making the trip down.

Which people do we play the ball game with next? My friend luke says it is the bairns? The Walker he is so funny I like him., he tells me he was troubled by the one they call Tamus but says that he'll see him later and that he aint listening ever since the bald one promished a pair of new striking footwear