The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oh good - we dodged an away tie to MotherHell.... thats a result on so many levels...... Enjoy Morton, enjoy.tongue.gif

We will. :D

In any case it should make a few bob for Morton and it sounds like Raith could have done with the cash too. But not my favourite draw ever and it's away from home again. Morton must have 85% away cup draw history in the last 10 years :(

We will. :D

In any case it should make a few bob for Morton and it sounds like Raith could have done with the cash too. But not my favourite draw ever and it's away from home again. Morton must have 85% away cup draw history in the last 10 years :(

I know - very strange that......

IF I was a conspiracy theorist I would imagine it was because your ground is a shit-heap because It certainly can't be due to the immaculate pitch wink.gif

Lumping the ball at Pat Clarke? :huh:

Alternatively, we could just launch it at Baird...

Clarke actually did well in the air when he came on against Dundee. Not to worry, we have big Casa to hoof it at now as well. :D

Edited by Michael W

I know - very strange that......

IF I was a conspiracy theorist I would imagine it was because your ground is a shit-heap because It certainly can't be due to the immaculate pitch wink.gif

lol wut

You keep trying to work it out: after all you have that free Saturday next month in which to do so.

post-11540-0-28169000-1326154955_thumb.p

We did play them away in a midweek league cup game around that time. We got hammered 4-0 and I can't remember much about it other than relentless booing of Jackie McNamara during the game.

We played them 2 or 3 years before that at Parkhead in a Scottish Cup game as well. The new stands were still being built so there was a reduced capacity. We were up in some far flung corner of one of the new stands. We did give them a half decent game from what I remember but lost 1 or 2 nil I think.

The main reason we never get the old firm is that we rarely make it into the main draw in most cups <_<

The 4-0 game was in September 2000, under Hetherston IIRC.

The Scottish Cup game was in the same season we also played Celtic at Parkhead in the League Cup and lost 2-1, this being the season after we won the cup. Rougier banged in a free kick to send us all mental to take it to extra time and Celtic then won by not returing the ball after we put it out for an injury in the last minute of extra time, took the throw quickly went on and scored.

Jimmy Nicholl quote after the game "Tommy Burns couldn't look me in the eye as we shook hands at full time, he was embarassed by the way they had won."

The Scottish Cup game was in the same season we also played Celtic at Parkhead in the League Cup and lost 2-1, this being the season after we won the cup. Rougier banged in a free kick to send us all mental to take it to extra time and Celtic then won by not returing the ball after we put it out for an injury in the last minute of extra time, took the throw quickly went on and scored.

Jimmy Nicholl quote after the game "Tommy Burns couldn't look me in the eye as we shook hands at full time, he was embarassed by the way they had won."

I remember that well. I hate the OF but I hare Celtic much more because of that. That same season they cheated us in a midweek game by taking a quick free kick about 20 yards further up the pitch before we had organised ourselves and scored from it. The incompetent one sided ref was Pocock.

Celtic then won by not returing the ball after we put it out for an injury in the last minute of extra time, took the throw quickly went on and scored.

In my memory it wasn't quite as bad as that. They thought our injury was an attempt to waste time, when they took the throw they didn't keep possession right away, they put it out for a throw to us near our own corner flag, from which they stole possession back and scored. So still pretty shabby, but not quite the way it's always told.

(It's entirely possible that I've misremembered, though.)

In my memory it wasn't quite as bad as that. They thought our injury was an attempt to waste time, when they took the throw they didn't keep possession right away, they put it out for a throw to us near our own corner flag, from which they stole possession back and scored. So still pretty shabby, but not quite the way it's always told.

Van Hooijdonk was the main culprit. It was a team of cheating b*****ds tho.

Edited by Big Berk

Imagine appointing a manager who can't manage without a hefty transfer budget.

Correct. Calderwood is a chequebook manager.

I must've missed him splashing the cash at Kilmarnock and Ross County? both times he was brought in to save them from relegation, which he achieved.

You only need to look at how Aberdeen and Dunfermline went after he left to realise how good a manager he is.

Alternatively, we could just launch it at Baird...

Clarke actually did well in the air when he came on against Dundee. Not to worry, we have big Casa to hoof it at now as well. :D

Fair point :P

In my memory it wasn't quite as bad as that. They thought our injury was an attempt to waste time, when they took the throw they didn't keep possession right away, they put it out for a throw to us near our own corner flag, from which We Gifted Them Possession and scored. So still pretty shabby, but not quite the way it's always told.

fixed it for you ;) but your recollection of the incident is indeed correct .

Edited by Mij

I must've missed him splashing the cash at Kilmarnock and Ross County? both times he was brought in to save them from relegation, which he achieved.

You only need to look at how Aberdeen and Dunfermline went after he left to realise how good a manager he is.

Wowee, he managed to keep Kilmarnock and Ross County up ahead of the rancid Falkirk and Cowden teams respectively. A remarkable success.

Dont know about Dunfermline, but you only need to look at the transfer budget he was given at Aberdeen. He also had a golden chance against an average Queen of the South team to reach a national final.