The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm glad he's at least managed to acknowledge the faults of the board in our current situation, it's a start.

This season is a complete write-off for us financially, and I want to see them acknowledge their failings when putting together next year's budget. The entire team except Donaldson, Hamill, Graham and Murray are out of contract, so there can't be any excuses for keeping players that we can no longer afford.

It's a sad state of affairs, but it's time to face reality - we can't go on the way we have been.

And a team that has still to achieve the consistency of last season.

Hilarious justification really. Everyone and their dug knew that the Raith side were overacheiving last season, in performances and certainly in results, and even then it seems your board couldn't even budget for break-even in the event of another title challenge. That is so breathtakingly stupid I'd expect it to come only from the Livingston boardroom. No sense of perspective was needed, seemingly, when drawing up the budget.

Oh and the 'prolonged recession' claim is an absolute heap of shite as well.

Edited by vikingTON

This is worrying. Really fucking worrying, and I'm not sure what we're going to do.

Sadly, neither do the board. Nor does anyone else for that matter, I'd assume.

All we can do is cut our cloth and hope for the best whilst attempting to get in money from elsewhere. How we're going to do it is anyone's guess, but attempts have to be made.

I see the members club brought in £30k - excellent, but what else can the club do to bring in that sort of money? We can't keep going back to the fans forever.

Edited by Michael W

The words of Eric Drysdale:

What is certain, however, is that the current board is fully hands on in terms of financial management, far more so than in the recent past, and there has never been better financial stewardship of the club in my 13 years than there is right now, I'm glad to say.

Thanks

Yeah, thanks Eric! Turd polisher extraordinaire. You've been around when Alan Kelly was here, when McGowan was here, when Anelka was here so to come out with that particular nugget is blowing my mind right about now! Still, you work for RBS so what right do I have to question your bizznizz akyoomin eh?

Posting on Fantalk, or in the press is pissing in the wind i'm afraid. There is no latent support to speak of now - it's us 2000 odd. The board are preaching to the converted and they're now finding it difficult to dip in their pockets again. Well, this calls for huge decisions. GO PART-TIME! Take the fall. The 2000 will fall to 1500 but there will be a team around.

Remember we're not the only ones in a crisis, the whole league is fecked so let's get a head start on them before they all fall down. like a pack of cards. Change the business model instead of dancing around it. Be creative. Pick a young manager, young players, a few experienced pros and stay part-time for years. Keep the head down and take the medicine whilst the shit hits the fan(s)!!

We factored Dunfermline going up/we factored a flat trading period. Open your eyes not your wallets. You're not going far enough with the factoring and letting your hearts overrule your mind.

Those who cannot remember the past.......

Which Hutton voted against. :rolleyes:

actually your wrong and dont ignore the fact that he along with two others still on the board oversaw the involvement of smith and mcgowan

Are they really?A bundle of shares that are worth f**k all will return, at best, f**k all.

Unless you think that we're likely to bounce back, become European champs and be a club that everyone's desperate to invest in - within Turnbull & Marios lifetime? :lol::lol:

and the reason they took shares in return for their soft loans are?

Edited by Mij

The words of Eric Drysdale:

Meanwhile, while the board plus famous and not so famous benefactors have collectively contributed a substantial 6 figure sum this season alone, supporters have also been great. The Members Club has brought in £30k+ and all the Rally Round the Rovers initiatives continue to bring in vital donations. Sadly, it's still not enough.

That's the most worrying part. In the words of a director we've been given - bare minimum - £130k in sheer charity. And we're still projected to a run at a loss of what, £100k plus? So the budget was about a quarter of a million out? And that's if we're generous.

You can harp on about the business experience of the board if you like but I could've done better than that with fag packet calculations. The team would be shite and we'd be in a relegation battle though... er, haud on...

What Scottish football needs, and it'll never happen for a multitude of reasons, is for the chairmen of all the unsustainable clubs to reach a gentleman's agreement and cut their cloth at the same time. Right now, nobody wants to be the first to move, because it almost certainly guarantees relegation. We'll lose a couple more clubs before the widescale drastic action is taken.

Of course you can. The main cost is wages, not maintenance of facilities, and clubs could quite easily operate with a team of kids, not really earning much more than good part-time wages, as they don't have family and other commitments that your 30-year old journeyman has to consider.

Morton won the Third Division with a team of kids, full-time, but not earning much. Full-time clubs want to have their cake and eat it though, which is why budgets are unsustainable. When one club chucks it, the rest will have the room to follow suit without being relegated.

No you cant, how much does your Chairman pump in every year. Morton are the perfect example of not being able to run full time football with your crowds

actually your wrong and dont ignore the fact that he along with two others still on the board oversaw the involvement of smith and mcgowan

and the reason they took shares in return for their soft loans are?

I haven't argued against your comments regarding Smith & McGowan. Not sure why you chose to repost that - other than to try to cover up the lie immediately before it.

I presume they've taken shares in return for soft loans to artificially reduce the amount of debt. Its irrelavent any way as either way they will see absolutley no return for their money.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Yeah, thanks Eric! Turd polisher extraordinaire. You've been around when Alan Kelly was here, when McGowan was here, when Anelka was here so to come out with that particular nugget is blowing my mind right about now! Still, you work for RBS so what right do I have to question your bizznizz akyoomin eh?

Posting on Fantalk, or in the press is pissing in the wind i'm afraid. There is no latent support to speak of now - it's us 2000 odd. The board are preaching to the converted and they're now finding it difficult to dip in their pockets again. Well, this calls for huge decisions. GO PART-TIME! Take the fall. The 2000 will fall to 1500 but there will be a team around.

Remember we're not the only ones in a crisis, the whole league is fecked so let's get a head start on them before they all fall down. like a pack of cards. Change the business model instead of dancing around it. Be creative. Pick a young manager, young players, a few experienced pros and stay part-time for years. Keep the head down and take the medicine whilst the shit hits the fan(s)!!

We factored Dunfermline going up/we factored a flat trading period. Open your eyes not your wallets. You're not going far enough with the factoring and letting your hearts overrule your mind.

Those who cannot remember the past.......

Eric Drysdale has posted this on Fantalk:

"Guys

Could somebody do me a favour and post the following on the New Raith Rovers Thread on P&B

Pantene ProV - Well I've been called a few things in my time but that's a gem laugh.gif . The mists of time certainly seem to have dulled your memory though, mate. I really can't afford be distracted from the task in hand by arguing with you publicly, but I invite you to call me for a chat (my number is on the official site in the material re the Members Club) or phone Stark's Park and we can arrange to meet up.

I'd be happy to talk you through my involvement with the club and in particular, since you mention them, my stance towards the three gentlemen you mention

Cheers

Eric"

Edited by liam_barnett

It's just not fair, I've spent all these years being all lovely and kind to everyone and no one has ever invited me to the ground for a chat and a cup of tea.

From now on I shall start calling everyone c***s instead.

Personally think Eric posting on the forum so openly is a total breath of fresh air. I like having a director who is willing to come out and speak to the fans and it'll do a lot for the fan/board relations.

Well done Eric.

Agreed actually, yeah.

Edit: oh no, wait, sorry, I meant to say he's a c**t.

Edited by Yoss

No you cant,

Really, what part of the above statement do you dispute, with what evidence?

how much does your Chairman pump in every year.

Quite a lot, but then again we aren't currently running with a bunch of kids: indeed our squad is full of veterans, with a family, mortgages etc who need a higher wage in order to play full-time football. You simply haven't read the post, or if you did, didn't understand it.

If Morton were running full-time with a full squad of kids like, say, Archie Campbell, then we could quite comfortably break-even. There's no reason why they would earn more than a good part-time wage for some mercenary. Part-time/full-time is a straw man: it is the wage structure that dictates the costs, and that depends on how clubs determine their priorities.

Morton are the perfect example of not being able to run full time football with your crowds

Nope, because we're owned by a sugar daddy who not only doesn't need to keep us sustainable, but has no interest in doing so. If we were sustainable, people would start to criticise his stewardship, while we're dependent, no-one does.

So if by 'perfect', you meant, 'terrible', then sure.

Edited by vikingTON