The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone else lost hope yet with this season I know there is plenty of games left but I can't honestly see is winning enough or at all again this season. its just one of those years we probably have enough to stay up but just can't scrape the results together

I really thought we were starting to turn the corner a bit since Clarke and Casa came in. Today seems like a big step backwards. At what stage is enough, enough? Do we try to put this down to a completely disastrous one off?

From our last twenty three games across all competitons since a good 3-1 comeback win at Dumfries we've won a grand total of three matches. That's three. We've drawn seven and lost thirteen. Scored nineteen goals and conceded, as I type, thirty three.

Should be the manager be sacked? I'm trying to be positive by focussing on the positives of the last few weeks but the stats don't lie. They are utterly indefensible and we're looking fiarly likely IMO to go down unless something changes soon. There's been next to no sign of that happening though. Do we gamble on the manager's position and hope a new man would save us? Do we allow McGlynn the chance to carry on the seeming improvement of the last few games before today? Do we start preparing for life in the Second Division under McGlynn? Do we bring in a new man, tell him we'd love him to keep us up but if it doesn't happen he gets a clean slate in the summer?

So many questions, so few answers. We've been shocking this season and if McGlynn was a new manager in the summer I expect he'd be long gone. I think I'm now, unfortunately, at a stage where I wouldn't especially mind if I woke up to read he'd left. There's a difference between that and actively calling for his head, but we're on a spiral to the seaside leagues for the next few years unless he pulls a cat out the bag some time soon.

Today was awful, and the team on the park is down to Mcglynn. Today was huge, a huge game and we didn't turn up. Awful.

Williamson will be out for a while, Davo will be banned for a few games. Great.

To put it simply, we are fucked. I can't see how we are going to come anywhere near to winning games, and frankly, I don't see how John Mcglynn will keep us up.

I don't see how John Mcglynn will keep us up.

Neither do I, I'm afraid.

We've been mince all season and nothing's changed: poor defensively, unable to score goals and unable to hold out for results. The failures of other teams reprieved us, but that couldn't go on forever. The bottom line is that it's in our own hands and we appear unable to turn it around. That's despite the jobs of ALL our playing and management staff being on the line due to our financial position.

I don't think McGlynn is the man to keep us up anymore.

If we do punt the manager it has to be now while we still have a chance to stay up.

Or we could just say f**k it go inti administration lose ten points go down and f**k over everyone the club owes money too

I don't think the board will sack McGlynn. He'll be given until the end of the season most likely. I think we've already had our calculated gamble at survival (Clarke and Casa)

Sadly, that's not an option as we have no assets. We would then have hope that John Sim continued to pay the mortgage, or else we would lose the ground.

If the board are desperate to stay up then they must make a decision about the boss soon. We have a run of games coming up against the teams around us in the league and if we don't get a decent return from them we're done for. After today my confidence in us getting enough points together to stay up has pretty much gone. The only problem would be finding a manager able to get an instant response out of the players.

If the board are desperate to stay up then they must make a decision about the boss soon. We have a run of games coming up against the teams around us in the league and if we don't get a decent return from them we're done for. After today my confidence in us getting enough points together to stay up has pretty much gone. The only problem would be finding a manager able to get an instant response out of the players.

And finding money to pay him.... as I'm assuming McGlynn wouldn't just walk away without getting paid the remainder of his contract.

That's not a defence of how shit we were today or McGlynn just the harsh reality of our situation

I'm surprised there is talk of McGlynn getting the sack. Ultimately, Raith like Queens have had to make big cuts in their budget and that has taken its toll.

I'm surprised there is talk of McGlynn getting the sack. Ultimately, Raith like Queens have had to make big cuts in their budget and that has taken its toll.

Away with your sensible and rational analysis of our situation! ;)

The talk is pointless because unless he walks away we have no money to pay two managers. To be honest we don't even have enough to pay one

I don't think McGlynn is the man to keep us up anymore.

That decision had to be made before Christmas when there was a possibility of turning the players attitudes around. McGlynn does not have it in him to motivate players or to get them to improve their performance.

We've put all our eggs in one basket by assumming that McGlynn could carry on making the same mistakes and somehow create different outcomes and he had the overwhelming support of the fans until very recently. We're fucked, and we're going down - and theres nothing we can do about it.

The only problem would be finding a manager able to get an instant response out of the players.

I posted on another thread a while ago that Cameron or Hughes were my preferred options. But that was before our current financial plight was made known. I do think that someone like Yogi could get a response form our experienced players - and would alos give the 3 or 4 kids who are on the fringes a decent kick at the ba'. But we simply can't afford to make changes now. We can only stick with what we have and hope that QoS or Ayr struggle even more than we do,

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Bad as the performance and result was today I think we're over reacting to it. Its the worst we've played in a long time and the same players can do much better. We cant take this game in isolation - we're capable of better. Ross County lost 5-1 to Accies at the start of the season - one performance doesnt tell a story.

This has been coming for weeks and weeks. We've got by because Ayr and Queens also kept losing, but a resurgence from Queens has dumped us right back in the shitter.

It's completely unacceptable.

While we are unbeaten in 5 league games I think resurgent might be overstating it TBH.

We`ve taken 7 points from those games winning one of them.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Bad as the performance and result was today I think we're over reacting to it. Its the worst we've played in a long time and the same players can do much better. We cant take this game in isolation - we're capable of better. Ross County lost 5-1 to Accies at the start of the season - one performance doesnt tell a story.

This is the business end of the season though. It's about results results results. For as much as we have improved, we still haven't won in over 2 months now.

We have lost that fighting spirit that made us tick. That, along side our great organisation, made us a decent team. Today I saw a team with no urgency and no shape what so ever.

It would be interesting to see what our points tally was at this stage ten years ago. That season is often looked back on as one of the worst in recent ish times, but i remember enjoying it more than this.