The New Raith Rovers Thread

No player should..in all honesty react to fans giving them grief. Yes he has been getting it tight this season..and frankly rightly so..because he as been so shite compared to last season where he was almost talismatic (is that even a word..haha)

The example I would look at is Steve Kean down at Blackburn. He has had the worst ive ever seen with regards to chanting..protests outside the ground and everything. The recent Bolton game at Ewood was shocking..and yet does he run to the crowd and give them abuse back? Does he hell. Professional. That's what walker should be as well.

Yes the team needs vocal backing..but teams that have much smaller supports seem to get by..so why can't the players of Raith?

Edited by Wardy

No player should..in all honesty react to fans giving them grief. Yes he has been getting it tight this season..and frankly rightly so..because he as been so shite compared to last season where he was almost talismatic (is that even a word..haha)

The example I would look at is Steve Kean down at Blackburn. He has had the worst ive ever seen with regards to chanting..protests outside the ground and everything. The recent Bolton game at Ewood was shocking..and yet does he run to the crowd and give them abuse back? Does he hell. Professional. That's what walker should be as well.

Yes the team needs vocal backing..but teams that have much smaller supports seem to get by..so why can't the players of Raith?

I can't agree with that, Wardy.

Why are footballers expected to take any old verbal abuse that comes their way without some form of comeback?

If folk are big enough to dish it out then they should be big enough to take some back. Sure as hell if it was me telling Walker that I though he was playing rubbish etc and he came back with some retort about me being a gawkit looking lanky c**t I'd probably gain a wee bit more respect for him.

Why do grown men become all precious at the football?

I'd love it if Steve Kean told the vocal Blackburn supporters to get to f**k as well.

Why are footballers expected to take any old verbal abuse that comes their way without some form of comeback?

If folk are big enough to dish it out then they should be big enough to take some back. Sure as hell if it was me telling Walker that I though he was playing rubbish etc and he came back with some retort about me being a gawkit looking lanky c**t I'd probably gain a wee bit more respect for him.

I'd love it if Steve Kean told the vocal Blackburn supporters to get to f**k as well.

The only issue I have with it is Walker going out of his way to restart the feud at full-time. There's no need for that whatsoever. It was over, forgotten about. Fans are often precious when a player reacts but Walker had said his piece. There's no need to drag it on despite the obvious frustration. That was entirely down to him and nothing to do with the supporter in question.

The only issue I have with it is Walker going out of his way to restart the feud at full-time. There's no need for that whatsoever. It was over, forgotten about. Fans are often precious when a player reacts but Walker had said his piece. There's no need to drag it on despite the obvious frustration. That was entirely down to him and nothing to do with the supporter in question.

Agreed. When I saw him coming down at the end I was hopeful that he was going to draw a line under the whole episode with a wee chat or a handshake.

Quite disappointed that it didn't work out like that but never mind.

Thats possibly one of the most rediculous posts I've read on here. Are you really suggesting that you think its OK during a game for an employee of a football club to challenge customers to a fight in the car park?

Edited by p&b is a disgrace

Thats possibly one of the most rediculous posts I've read on here. Are you really suggesting that you think its OK during a game for an employee of a football club to challenge customers to a fight in the car park?

Depends, do you believe it's ok for punters in the stand to level personal abuse at an employee of a football club?

Thats possibly one of the most rediculous posts I've read on here.

I can only presume that you don't read back your own posts.

Was Walker asking the folk for a fight or was he simply asking them to explain their grievances when it was appropriate to do so?

You'll have heard some of the shit levelled at professional footballers. Would you expect to go in to a corner shop, level that amount of abuse at someone and not get some sort of retort?

Why should footballers be any different?

Depends, do you believe it's ok for punters in the stand to level personal abuse at an employee of a football club?

Personally, I don't do it. But Alan Walker has chosen to work in that profession, and this sort of stuff goes with the role. He represents the club both on and off the field and is paid to ignore these idiots.

Plenty of professional people have similar challenges, For example, Mrs P&B is a Disgrace is a nurse and has to put up with abuse from patients almost daily. If she swore back or challenged a patient to a square go in the hospital car park she'd be disciplined - and quite rightly so. What makes footballers a special case? They should be subject to the same set of standards that is expected of any other employee. For me, that includes disciplinary action for poor performance and Walker certainly needs some, er....."additional support" in that regard.

What do you consider abuse?

"your fucking shite walker!!"?

Fair enough if the supporter was saying things about his wife and kid but if it's merely football related then what's the problem?

If it was in relation to the above quote..then the supporter is quite right..because he is

I don't think anyone wins in this scenario. In all honesty, both Walker and the guy shouting at him come away looking like prats.

Many people in a host of different occupations suffer varying degrees of abuse from their clients/customers on a daily basis, and footballers are no different in this regard. They're actually fairly lucky in some respects, in that a verbal retaliation or gesture will most likely produce nothing more than a bit of controversy on a messageboard. The player himself will more than likely escape unpunished, whereas I dread to think what would happen to many others out there if they retaliated to an irate customer with piles of abuse. There's a good possibility they would be dismissed.

Abusing people for doing their job isn't right, but that doesn't make Walker giving it back acceptable either. I have some sympathy with his actions, and also believe that football fans mount the high horse far too easily when a player responds to abuse, but in all honesty, both of the parties in this argument have lost here.

Customers getting angry is just one of those unfortunate things that's inevitable in life. It can often be unjustifiable, but one wrong doesn't mean that another is acceptable.

Edited by Michael W

Walker was adisgrace yesterday which i cant understand as he normally ignores it.He lost it was because he was told by certain fans in no uncertain terms that he had played shite.He was even argueing with the fans when morton had a corner which is unprofessional.So there was no abuse of family or anything like that it was just cos he had had a poor game.To then come over at the end of the game and ask said fans outside for a fight was also a disgrace.

Edited by BIGQ FAE KDY

I see the fucking arsehole brigade is at it on FanTalk again. "Mcglynn MUST go" being the main theme I'm going at, rather than just in general. It really, really pisses me off that someone who has done so much for our club could potentially be hounded out by this lot.

Completely ridiculous. One of the potential replacements being touted was Jimmy fucking Calderwood.

Agree with your sentiments, I rarely read Fan Talk nowadays, a totally depressing trough of bile from a few rockets, some of whom don't appear to attend the games.

Laugh is one of the main complainers on the site is A MODERATOR on the site!!!laugh.gif

DID not think walker played that bad today just missed placed a few passes near the end, thought willimson was the weak link today. I think is casa was more match fit and we stuck how we played in the 1st half we probably would of went on to win by a few as they could not cope and we created more chances the 1st 10 min as we did in our last 3 games put together. as for Mcglynn must go get a grip, lots of positives from today at least we never lost 3 points

You are shitting me right ? Williamson had a really good game on Saturday worked hard and he doesn't get the credit he's due. He's just back from injury so getting the fitness levels back up - he worked hard in that midfield 3.