The New Raith Rovers Thread

1345110573[/url]' post='6531881']

We did, but Montrose were a team of midgets.

I thought we done not to bad against Hamilton considering they have some big players like the tube who brought down graham for the penalty. I thought the ref tried to kill the game at various points on Tuesday night and was very inconsistent with decisions and looks like he needed more pre season games laugh.gifblink.gif

Edited by lovetheRaith

Didn't make the Montrose game due to work, anyone know when tickets for the Dunfermline game are available to buy and where to purchase them as the only info i can find is about the Tuesday night sales. Guessing it will be from the club shop. Buying online would be so much easier as I live in England but I can get someone else to buy it for me i guess.

Thanks for help biggrin.gif

Jamie Walker came off the bench for Hearts today.

*sob*

To quote a Hearts fan in the pub "aye Walker came on for the last 15 but he did nothing, mind you the boy he replaced did nothing for 75 mins either".

The guy is tactically retarded...bet your glad your well shot?

Three games in, trying to put together a competitive side with youth (albeit a very good youth team) Give the guy a fucking chance.

Noticed some knives out for McGlynn amongst the hearts support already. Wouldn't be shocked to see him out of work by Christmas.

Not so much the knives out as the entire contents of the US army arsenal......

My favourite kickback comment so far is that McGlynn has a loser mentality, this would be the same guy who's Raith Rovers teams were universally acknowledged as having a never give up, never say die mentality, that worked for 90+5 minutes every week without fail......

Edited by renton

Wouldn't put it like that but I'm more than happy with who we got in to replace McGlynn and how results have panned out so far.

Me too, although it's fair to say that Murray is still very much in the McGlynn mode. We look somewhat better on the eye than we did but I wonder how much that is a conscious attempt to change our style of play and how much it is to do with the change in playing staff over the summer. The balance in the midfield, particularly the middle, is far, far better for example, and that's everything to do with S. Anderson's better positional sense, good ball retention and short passing ability enabling Walker to push on, move the ball about and get into positions to support the stikers. Add to that two fit and able strikers (which we didn't have at this time last year) and a fully fit Dougie Hill and you can see why we have got off to a decent start.